Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Nigerian Basketball Team Sets Up Go Fund Me Account!!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Basketball Team Sets Up Go Fund Me Account!!! (506 Views)

Nigerian Basketball Female Team Members Are So Beautiful / National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo / Alex Nwora And Son, Jordan Nwora In The Nigerian Basketball Team. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Basketball Team Sets Up Go Fund Me Account!!! by V7place(m): 5:42am On Jul 14, 2021
The Coach of the Nigerian Men Basketball Olympic team, Mike Brown has set up a Go Fund Me Page to support the team.
Of the targeted $1 Million, the group has already raised $8000.

https://gofund.me/7ae06b9e

People are now wondering why the Sports Ministry is not funding the team; which is probably one of the country’s best medal prospects ( no African country has ever won a basketball medal at the Olympics)

At the moment even the kits for the team have not been delivered as Nigerian Customs has placed an embargo on them. Why?

The Nigerian Basketball Federation has been unable to pay customs duties on the kit which was donated by a Chinese sponsor.

According to an insider: The whole team is being funded by the NBA players and some Nigerians in Diaspora.

Nigeria, the country, has nothing to do with that team. Coach Brown has NEVER been to Nigeria.

Source: https://v7place.com/index.php?topic=4157.0

Re: Nigerian Basketball Team Sets Up Go Fund Me Account!!! by insidelife22(m): 6:30am On Jul 14, 2021
what an irony...
Re: Nigerian Basketball Team Sets Up Go Fund Me Account!!! by paulolee(m): 7:01am On Jul 14, 2021
just too bad
Re: Nigerian Basketball Team Sets Up Go Fund Me Account!!! by Jashub: 7:18am On Jul 14, 2021
This is just a big shame. How can 400 million be disgracing Buhari's useless government...chai!
Re: Nigerian Basketball Team Sets Up Go Fund Me Account!!! by Julianaa: 8:36am On Jul 14, 2021
While APC will add " D tigers beating USA" to their achievements In 2023"

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Odegbami: Kenya And Jamaica – Models For Devpt Of The Sports Industry In Africa / Bet9ja Bonus / Draws Code For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.