Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Reps Spokesperson Accuses ABSEDA GM Of Frustrating FG Estate Project In Abia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Spokesperson Accuses ABSEDA GM Of Frustrating FG Estate Project In Abia (244 Views)

Akpabio’s Lawyer Accuses INEC Of Frustrating Inspection Of Materials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reps Spokesperson Accuses ABSEDA GM Of Frustrating FG Estate Project In Abia by Metrix147: 8:53am On Jul 14, 2021
Member representing Bende Federal Constituency of Abia State, Hon. Benjamin Kalu has applauded the state governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu for offering him the needed cooperation in bringing development to the State but expressed anger that some of the governor's aides have remained obstacles towards this dream, ABN TV reports.

While threatening to name more aides of the governor who have deliberately ensured that his efforts to bring projects that are due to the state back home are undermined, he gave the name of one of the defiant aides as Mr. Okechukwu, the General Manager Abia State Estate Development Authority (ABSEDA).

Speaking on a radio programme, Ben Kalu Mandate on Flo FM Umuahia monitored by ABN TV on Tuesday, Hon. Kalu who is also the chairman of House of Representatives Committee on Media and Public Affairs said he has been calling Mr. Okechukwu in the past week regarding 17 housing projects due to the state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTQW9r4_Hsw
He expressed dissatisfaction that his efforts to use his proximity to the federal government are being thwarted after spending resources and time.

"I'm here working with the federal government. I'm seeing opportunities. I spend money to look around to make sure that my aides bring out opportunities that will benefit my state. The state is not paying me. I see it as my own support for the development of the state.

"When I reach out to the agency that is in charge of that particular issue, the Head there takes one week or two weeks to answer my call and relate with me, that is a disservice to both the state government and to Abians.

"This man, Mr. Okechukwu I have called him severally. He is the GM Abia State Estate Development Authority.

"Are you aware that we have 17 projects in housing that was approved for Abia State by federal government? Are you aware that the first phase of this particular project has commenced and that the governor approved a piece of land for this particular development?

"The Governor approved but the documentation that is needed by the controller that is in Abia State in charge of housing to do this job has not come from this GM. Why is he holding it?" Hon. Kalu queried.

He said the project has capacity to provide shelter to civil Servants in the state as well as boosting the performance profile of the governor.

He threatened that in the coming days, any agency of the State government that thwarts his efforts to bring federal government projects that are due to the state will be called out.

While stating that other states, such as Ebonyi and Anambra are interested in a similar projects, he called on the General Manager of Abia State Estate Development Authority to take the necessary action to ensure that the project does not elude the state

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/07/reps-spokesperson-ben-kalu-accuses-abseda-gm-of-frustrating-fg-estate-project-in-abia-video/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J

Re: Reps Spokesperson Accuses ABSEDA GM Of Frustrating FG Estate Project In Abia by fellowbeing(m): 10:15pm On Jul 15, 2021
lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J please push to front page so that Abians won't miss out of this opportunity

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Eagle App Getting Great Reviews Majorly From Arewa North. / APC Says Suspension Letter Issued To Rochas Okorocha Is Fake / Feared Dead As Soldiers Shoot Protesting Dangote Sugar Company Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.