Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Important Message To Car Buyers From Copart And Iaai - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Important Message To Car Buyers From Copart And Iaai (400 Views)

Let's Handle All Your Payment To Copart and Iaai. / Take Advantage of Naira Appreciation: Bid Cars from the Auction (Copart & iaai) / Bid And Ship Cars From Copart USA and IAAI At The Cheapest Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Important Message To Car Buyers From Copart And Iaai by Kennyokunola(m): 11:58am On Jul 14, 2021
All Nigeria should be vigilant and make a diligent search when buying vehicles from either copart or iaai. There is a new fraudulent activities going on in that Two Auction companies.
I have noticed it from quite some time now and ignore it but the fraudulent activities are increasing every day.
What is the fraud?
Somebody in America there will buy a vehicle with a bad damage at a COPART at a very cheap price, for example, $5,000, change some little thing, then repaint the vehicle and take it to IAAI and sell at $20,000 without fixing the main problem.
1. These are frequent among high end vehicles between year 2016 to year 2020. And it is very common with Toyota products.
2. most of these vehicles end up in Nigeria.
3. We only see the pictures before buying those vehicles, it is therefore easy to manipulate us to buy rubbish thinking we have a good deal.
4.Copart and Iaai themselves should do something against this breach of trust. This is very wrong.
5.Nigerians are facing a lot of hardship in getting Dollar to buy these vehicles and at the end of the day somebody in America who think he is smart are still defrauding us.
6. The only solution for now is that Nigerian should not buy vehicles in a hurry from Copart or Iaai expecially those vehicles within the range of 2016 to 2020 without making a proper search. Search the vin numbers very diligently before making a purchase.
7. If you wish, l can give you the easiest site to do the search .
8 I only posted one picture as an example, l have seen many of this fraud

1 Like

Re: Important Message To Car Buyers From Copart And Iaai by bobo9ice: 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2021
What you said here is very real and correct.
I am based in ATL and I helped a guy pay for a car at the copart Atlanta East which is 30mins driving from my house.
One Naija dude approached me to help him jump start a vehicle he just paid for...and luckily I had the jump start cable in my back trunk...It was a terrible experience for the dude coz as we opened the bonnet of the 2018 corrola, the bumper fell-off immediately and the radiator wasn't event connected ...the bumper was a replacement without proper installation...several things were missing...it's a frontal accident vehicle...the airbags on the front seats all deployed and it wasn't shown to bidder...I mean it was a terrible thing.

So I will advise that u guyz find someone who can help you go there and see the vehicle before rushing to buy if possible...

90% of copart vehicles are bought by Nigerians and yet the Terms and Conditions applied... once you bidded and won ...you must pay...once you pay...you can't be refunded ...max max...they help you sell it at their rate and price and convince.

I greet una.
Re: Important Message To Car Buyers From Copart And Iaai by computerglobal(m): 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Hot Deal!!! Very Neat Toyota Corolla 2005 (toks)for Sale / ❌sold❌2009 Toyota Corolla Upgraded To 2012 Available In Lagos / Super Sharp And Faultless 2007 Camry @ 2.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.