Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Adjusting From Right Hand Drive To LHD - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Adjusting From Right Hand Drive To LHD (348 Views)

Why Nigeria Switched The Driver's Seat From Right To Left / Toks Right Hand Drive Daihatsu Mini Bus:650k. / Direct left-hand drive Toyota Previa 2000 @ 1.1m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adjusting From Right Hand Drive To LHD by Gaddafi1: 2:36pm On Jul 14, 2021
Some Nigerians who live in South Africa and some European countries use right hand drive vehicles as well as driving on the left side of the road. Sometimes I do wonder how they cope with driving in Nigeria which has a different driving system. To me it may have a potential to cause accident as they easily forget which of the country and then take the wrong lane. Please if you live in some of these countries and come back often to Naija, can we know how you quickly adjust after travelling.
Re: Adjusting From Right Hand Drive To LHD by Gaddafi1: 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2021
Let's hear your opinion...
Re: Adjusting From Right Hand Drive To LHD by hardbody: 3:18pm On Jul 14, 2021
I can quite relate with this enquiry. I do not drive abroad but even sitting in the cab, I have often times shouted at drivers (in the city of London in particular) when they turn bends (especially in their narrow streets) and my initial reaction is always like, an oncoming vehicle will hit us...

Of course after some days, I sort of get used to the culture shock.
Re: Adjusting From Right Hand Drive To LHD by Gaddafi1: 4:11pm On Jul 14, 2021
hardbody:
I can quite relate with this enquiry. I do not drive abroad but even sitting in the cab, I have often times shouted at drivers (in the city of London in particular) when they turn bends (especially in their narrow streets) and my initial reaction is always like, an oncoming vehicle will hit us...

Of course after some days, I sort of get used to the culture shock.

That's interesting, a friend of mine who lives in UK came back and requested to use my car for a trip to the village. My brother I volunteered to drive him for the journey as I am not ready to hear stories that touch the heart. grin

1 Like

Re: Adjusting From Right Hand Drive To LHD by Gaddafi1: 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
Do we have any experience...
Re: Adjusting From Right Hand Drive To LHD by Exponental(m): 2:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
Instinct. When in Rome, act like a Roman. If you have dated or you date more than one girl and you never mix their names, this shouldn't be an issue.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting From Right Hand Drive To LHD by Gaddafi1: 10:39am On Aug 05, 2021
Exponental:
Instinct. When in Rome, act like a Roman. If you have dated or you date more than one girl and you never mix their names, this shouldn't be an issue.
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Sold!!!Two Months Registered Lexus RX350 2010:6.3m. / Choose Ur Venza 010 And One Unit 012 Venza... / Dodge Charger 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.