Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US (70770 Views)

Sesame Street's Rosita Ignores Black Kids At Park, Causes Outrage In U.S.(Video) / Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) / Disgusting Video Of Sewage Disposal In Mexican Beach Resort Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by HonNL: 9:33pm On Jul 14, 2021
Anti-gun campaigners have contacted Lego about the customised Block19 last week and it has since issued a cease and desist letter to Culper Precision about the Block19 weapon

A gun which looks like it is made of Lego has sparked outrage in the US.

Culper Precision said its customised Glock weapon, named Block19, was developed to "highlight the pure enjoyment of the shooting sports".

But Danish toymaker Lego has written to the company and demanded it stop producing the weapon, which is covered in what looks like Lego bricks.

The BBC reports that gun control campaigners described the pistol as irresponsible and dangerous.

Shannon Watts, of the Everytown for Gun Safety campaign group, said her organisation had contacted Lego about the customised Block19 last week.

The Danish company has in turn had sent a "cease and desist" letter to Culper Precision, which is based in Utah

It reportedly said there was a risk children may be drawn to use firearms "even when guns don't look like toys".

[url=http://culper%20precision/]Culper Precision [/url] released a statement saying it had chosen to release Block19 to show guns were for "everyone".

The Block19 weapon which has sparked anger over its appearance (Image: culperprecision/Instagram)
And that "owning and shooting firearms responsibly is a really enjoyable activity".

It added that the firearm could only be purchased by those legally permitted to own a gun.

The company's president Brandon Scott told the Washington Post that after discussions with a lawyer he decided to comply with the request from Lego.

The weapon appears to have since been removed from the gun manufacturer's website.

The BBC says it is illegal in the US to produce a children's toy that precisely resembles a real gun, but the laws do not explicitly prevent manufacturers from making a gun that resembles a toy.

It also says accidents involving children and firearms are on the increase in the US. More than 140 people were killed in such gun-related incidents last year.

Daily Mirror

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by TUANKU(m): 9:50pm On Jul 14, 2021
This is child's play compared to the number of 3D printed guns (illegal) in the wrong hands out there in the US.
Since the day i witnessed a man got shot because of $20 crack in Minnesota na that day i hands off for anything concerning gun and gun rights in the US.
16 year old go light you up without hesitation.

382 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by TUANKU(m): 9:52pm On Jul 14, 2021
Fahdiga:
Abeg Where can I purchase this one. Enough of this bullying by the terrorist Fulanis
I for say make you ask technical college graduate but no be for my mouth.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by Fahdiga(m): 9:56pm On Jul 14, 2021
TUANKU:

I for say make you ask technical college graduate but no be for my mouth.
You de fear?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by TUANKU(m): 10:00pm On Jul 14, 2021
Fahdiga:
You de fear?
With a dictator like Buhari in charge you need dey careful if not for your sake for the sake of your family.
DSS now goes after social media and blog posts instead of terrorist fulani herdsmen. Dem dey NL too.

237 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by decatalyst(m): 10:26pm On Jul 14, 2021
TUANKU:
This is child's play compared to the number of 3D printed guns (illegal) in the wrong hands out there in the US.
Since the day i witnessed a man got shot because of $20 crack in Minnesota na that day i hands off for anything concerning gun and gun rights in the US.

One of the reasons I am not keen on visiting US.

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by Barbsamiin: 10:52pm On Jul 14, 2021
TUANKU:

Maddo grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by leofab(f): 8:48pm On Jul 15, 2021
cool

1 Like

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by Passionate888: 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2021
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by free2ryhme: 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2021
HonNL:
Anti-gun campaigners have contacted Lego about the customised Block19 last week and it has since issued a cease and desist letter to Culper Precision about the Block19 weapon

Daily Mirror

Wahala everywhere

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2021
Say no to gun violence.

He who killed by the gun will die by the gun.

No two ways about it.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by free2ryhme: 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2021
There are you guns

1 Like

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by momodub: 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2021
See glock men

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2021
nah so the matter reach.
Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by Draslo(m): 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2021
I'd really like one.

Imagine robbers trying to rob you in your car and you bring this out, you'll just take your shots when they're busy laughing at you.

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by iamtardey: 9:42pm On Jul 15, 2021
Mama, I'm in love
smiley kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 15, 2021
TUANKU:
black do gang. Whites spray schools.

Eg. Park land shooting.

Everywhere no safe!!!!

Modified.

If you want and can relocate legally, don't hesitate too. @ least there is a bit sane. When you compare too evils.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by wellmax(m): 9:42pm On Jul 15, 2021
Fahdiga:
Abeg Where can I purchase this one. Enough of this bullying by the terrorist Fulanis

Have you ever seen a Fulani man

1 Like

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by wellmax(m): 9:42pm On Jul 15, 2021
Whaooo
Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by futurerex: 9:43pm On Jul 15, 2021
US and violence are like this...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by Gadafii: 9:43pm On Jul 15, 2021
America and her gun wahala, nigeria with her cow/fulani wahala, South Africa with looting, German, Netherland with flooding, UK with knives attack...every mallam with him kettle

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by Dpaulie(m): 9:43pm On Jul 15, 2021
Crazy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 15, 2021
If this one enter naija, FG will ban toys

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by akanbiaa(m): 9:45pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by Kindfund: 9:45pm On Jul 15, 2021
Not dat badh
Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by NaijaGoBetter20: 9:47pm On Jul 15, 2021
FUTA

Final year project grin grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US by WaffenSS(m): 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2021
Fahdiga:

You wanna take a handgun to people wielding automatic assault rifles and SAWs and 30mm?

That's like bringing a stick to a gunfight.

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down / 16 Crazy Laws That Only Exist In North Korea / Photos Of Ukraine's Beautiful Female Soldiers That Are Trending

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.