Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,540 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) (45296 Views)

Four Women Arraigned For Alleged Obstruction Of Justice & Attack On EFCC Staff / Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill Four Women, 2 Others In Nasarawa (Graphic Photos) / EFCC Arraigns 4 Yahoo Boys And 1 Yahoo Girl In Benin, Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:08am On Jul 15, 2021
Will the officials throwaway the donkey meat or hide it in their private refrigerators cool
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 15, 2021
ebukajay184:

https://igberetvnews.com/1395598/four-women-arrested-selling-donkey-meat-edo-photos/

You can only prosecute the dealers if it's enacted in your law . You can't just apprehend them with a sense of morality

1 Like

Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by GorillaApp(m): 7:16am On Jul 15, 2021
ChiefSosa:

*sips cold water*
*checks the jollof rice I'm cooking*
*lowers my gas cooker*
*starts typing*

If the manner/environment of preparation is not healthy or there's deception from the sellers to unsuspecting buyers, then i'll understand. But, saying donkey meat is not healthy, is just absurd. It shows lack of exposure. How is donkey meat not healthy? The meat has extremely high protein(due to amino acid), iron and calcium content. It's a better choice to red meat(which has various negative health implications). It has less fat, cholesterol and boosts the immune system. They contribute to better growth and compaction of body tissues. They still serve other uses other than consumption and can be used to treat/prevent certain health issues.
I have never heard of anyone that died from consuming donkey meat, unless poison was involved.
If we're concerned about the population and extinction of donkeys in Nigeria, then I'll understand. If we're concerned about donkeys not being able to be used for labor, due to them being eaten, I'll understand.
But, saying donkey meat is unhealthy is just weird. The meat is a delicacy in several parts of the world, even in Kenya and the only complain was not health related but labor related.
Even doctors, dieticians and nutritionists confirm everything stated above and anyone here can still confirm.
With better/strict health supervisions, donkey meats can be sold openly without any qualms. Start exporting donkey meat in large quantity to some countries, let's see if you'll not buy benz in few weeks. The demand is HIGH and it's a business that'll last a LOOOONG time.

*increases gas cooker back*

Re-read your comment and slap yourself.
Just my thoughts exactly. How is it unhealthy?
Is it a zoonotic reservoir of pathogens or the meat is carcinogenic or what?
I will to engage these antagonists one day let me here their points
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by Bellotelli: 7:16am On Jul 15, 2021
Getdabag:
Remain for nigerians to start eating camel meat
Camel is the best meat one can ever eat

1 Like

Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by KristaPretty(f): 7:18am On Jul 15, 2021
Instead of swinging into action to battle corruption, kidnapping and vices you're busy confisticating meat that you'd still hand over to your wives and girlfriends to cook soup and stew for you

Mtchewww

1 Like

Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by Reference(m): 7:21am On Jul 15, 2021
Betrand3:
Is it Illegal to sell donkey? Please release the woman

Yes, there is a Federal Bill coming for that.
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by mrmacdon(m): 7:21am On Jul 15, 2021
Abegi meat na meat.
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 7:26am On Jul 15, 2021
All the ponmo sold in open market that isn't from the butcher is jaki. Even Obaseki himself knows
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 15, 2021
Meat is meat they say, yet some people don't eat pig meat, some don't eat dogs while others eat it.

If not for dishonesty, why will you pass off donkey meat as cow meat? Deceitful people irk me to my bone marrow. As a consumer I have the right to know exactly what I am paying for,it's now left for me to take it or not.

Same way some unscrupulous elements were selling vulture to the public one time. undecided
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by TUTU147: 7:30am On Jul 15, 2021
Which law forbids donkey meat.make una go face the problem when nigeria dey face and leave donkey alone.
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by Sanctecosma(m): 7:30am On Jul 15, 2021
These ones dey learn work nah. Enter PH mile one and mile 3 market nah and see varieties of donkey meet
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by ChiefSosa(m): 7:31am On Jul 15, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Nawa oh, una dey eat anyhow meat sha
Lol, not so broski. I'm just pointing out the health aspect. There's some healthy meats out there that I don't eat, simply because I have preferences. I no dey chop am no mean say make I condemn am give other people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 15, 2021
Donkey meat is not unhealthy. However, as someone from Edo state, I know my people don't eat that kind of meat.

The issue actually is not the Donkey meat per se. It's about selling the donkey meat to unsuspecting members of the public as beef. If you say you are selling donkey meat, nobody will buy meat from you. They may even curse you! So, they sell donkey meat as cow meat which is deceit in itself and they need to be arrested. And the annoying thing is that they sell it at the price of beef. You will be buy donkey meat thinking you are buying beef.

If you want to trade in Donkey meat, go to places where the people will eat it!

1 Like

Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by thomasjoe(m): 7:34am On Jul 15, 2021
[quote author=ChiefSosa post=103719656]
*sips cold water*
*checks the jollof rice I'm cooking*
*lowers my gas cooker*
*starts typing*

If the manner/environment of preparation is not healthy or there's deception from the sellers to unsuspecting buyers, then i'll understand. But, saying donkey meat is not healthy, is just absurd. It shows lack of exposure. How is donkey meat not healthy? The meat has extremely high protein(due to amino acid), iron and calcium content. It's a better choice to red meat(which has various negative health implications). It has less fat, cholesterol and boosts the immune system. They contribute to better growth and compaction of body tissues. They still serve other uses other than consumption and can be used to treat/prevent certain health issues.
I have never heard of anyone that died from consuming donkey meat, unless poison was involved.
If we're concerned about the population and extinction of donkeys in Nigeria, then I'll understand. If we're concerned about donkeys not being able to be used for labor, due to them being eaten, I'll understand.
But, saying donkey meat is unhealthy is just weird. The meat is a delicacy in several parts of the world, even in Kenya and the only complain was not health related but labor related.
Even doctors, dieticians and nutritionists confirm everything stated above and anyone here can still confirm.
With better/strict health supervisions, donkey meats can be sold openly without any qualms. Start exporting donkey meat in large quantity to some countries, let's see if you'll not buy benz in few weeks. The demand is HIGH and it's a business that'll last a LOOOONG time.

*increases gas cooker back*

Here are a list of some creatures Edo people don't eat.
1. Buffalo
2. Donkey
3. Leopard (not cheetah or panther)
4. Pussy cat
5. Human beings...
It's more of a cultural thing ,laced with legends / historic facts and common logic...

Why kill to eat an animal that has slaved all it's life working for you ? Is it not best to respect and honor it by not eating its meat or killing it for meat ...?

The leopard is the tottem of the king / Oba and has a lot of qualities which makes the Edo people respect and rever it ...(note that many are still animists or have animist tendencies in Edo state )

Hope this helps?

Hopefully I'll talk about the other creatures Edos don't eat some other time .

1 Like

Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by Vulcanheph(m): 7:35am On Jul 15, 2021
Goldiness:

Meat is not meat ooh, you did not read we're he siad the meat is unhealthy....?
Go and do a simple Google search before coming online to embarrass yourself.... Donkey meat is actually quite healthy and us said by nutritionists to be a much better substitute for beef because it has more nutrients and less fat.
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by AnanseK(m): 7:35am On Jul 15, 2021
BigDick70inch:
I never trusted all this white ponmo been sold dis days sef..........it could be any meat!

Gbomo is not meat , it is leather for making shoes and bags. I don’t know what is wrong with Southerners. They eat leather and now they are going into donkey leather and donkey meat.
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by murphyibiam15(m): 7:35am On Jul 15, 2021
WINDSOW:
If you gave these hoodlums the chance to sell all kinds of meat, one day, they ll start selling cat meat as suya.

The amazing thing is their dubiousness would allow them to obviously indicate the type of meat they are selling.

Even here in Abakaliki, you have to develop a fourth eyes else you would be bargaining for human flesh thinking it's beef.

Madt peeps everywhere.
There is nothing wrong with donkey meat, is even better than cow meat and much more healthier
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by ThuGGeR147: 7:36am On Jul 15, 2021
Nigerians too dey carry do & over do.... Smh
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by ignis: 7:37am On Jul 15, 2021
Vulcanheph:
Meat na meat abeg.... As long as no be human flesh.

-modifies-
As for the people quoting me or about to quote me telling me it's unhealthy, I just want you to know that we live in an age of information, information is basically free and at your fingertips .

Do your parents eat Donkey meat?
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by eeithis(m): 7:38am On Jul 15, 2021
Stupid unreasonable reason what is wrong with donkey meat bikonu?

1 Like

Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by orikoku: 7:38am On Jul 15, 2021
What about our brothers from the other side that sells donkey and Carmel meat for us as tinko even horse meat.
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by aylive02(m): 7:38am On Jul 15, 2021
Vulcanheph:
Meat na meat abeg.... As long as no be human flesh.

-modifies-
As for the people quoting me or about to quote me telling me it's unhealthy, I just want you to know that we live in an age of information, information is basically free and at your fingertips .
I support you jare
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by murphyibiam15(m): 7:39am On Jul 15, 2021
Sufferingboy:
Okowa should look into this same thing,why growing up in benin city I realise that benin women go to agbor to buy it from my Ika people.

Which means Ika people are even consuming this meat more than the benins.

Although I nor fit lie here,tinko meat(smoked donkey meat)to sweet especially those one those old women sell in Oka market.

Even early this year when I travelled to agbor and spent some days in Owa-alero,ij the house of one my relative,tinko meat join the meat and fish they use cook soup.

Okowa please stop our people from eating that meat.......

Ni Ika rimma.
Stop being mischievous, donkey meat is healthier than cow meat
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by deedeemob(m): 7:40am On Jul 15, 2021
Actually tinko is camel meat.
NotFarFrom:

Please is Tinko donkey meat?
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by Vulcanheph(m): 7:42am On Jul 15, 2021
ignis:

Do your parents eat Donkey meat?
Yes, I'm sure my parents must have eaten it unknowingly, there's nothing wrong medically in eating it, those that don't do say based on Religious or ethnic beliefs.

let me shock you
As long as you've bought "kpomo" or cow meet in any local market in Nigeria.... Just know that you've definitely eaten it.
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 15, 2021
What's the difference between donkey and cow meat? Why don't they ban pig meat?
Idiots.
In PH you can get donkey meat everywhere, even for spar's.
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by annyberry: 7:43am On Jul 15, 2021
Thinkfree:
the best and cheapest meat in obollo afor, Enugu ezike and all nnsuka people of Enugu state.
Even the governor of enugu state must have eaten it before due to the fact that he grew up in obba Town.
Am telling u,enugu people food.

1 Like

Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:44am On Jul 15, 2021
4tomandchi:
I don't get it...

Are donkeys cheaper than cows why do they go through all the stress only to be cought.

Trouble no get end?
Donkey is far cheaper than cow. As big as it is, it can go as low as 30k
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by Lovelyn451(f): 7:45am On Jul 15, 2021
Caboceer:
Ibos have been sending this meat to SW Nigeria for years , under the guise of beef. Yoruba don't eat it and it's more of a cultural rather than health-related prohibition...I guess same applies fo the Edo.

If you are in the habit of buying your beef from night markets, chances are quite high you've been eating donkey for a long time, unawares.
come to the north and see your cultural Yoruba's and this same Edo people selling and buying this meat, my mum sternly warned me to never buy meat from Yoruba's. Anytime the meat takes too long to get done she'll just ask you, is this meat seller a yoruba?? We don't eat pomo here cos almost every pomo seller is Yoruba and there's every possibility its jackey, like they call it here
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by mekuso89(m): 7:46am On Jul 15, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Can somebody please explain to me what is wrong with donkey meat I mean honest reply 'coz I love tinko meat especially the dried ones
you just spoke my mind
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by mhorjheed: 7:46am On Jul 15, 2021
;Dthis meat set for eyes pass donkey meat oh ;Dthis meat set for eyes pass donkey meat oh
Re: Four Women Arrested For Selling Donkey Meat In Edo (Photos) by pascalbenz: 7:47am On Jul 15, 2021
Am yet to see any valid reason against the consumption of the said donkey meat , we naija self

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) / Nigerian Nabbed In Australia With $10m Hard Drug (Pictured) / RCCG Pastor Stabbed To Death In Rivers State During Vigil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.