Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow (35982 Views)

What Is That Thing You Don't Pray Your Children Inherits From You? / Life Of An Average Nigerian First Born Son Who Inherits Responsibilities (video) / Who Inherits Mr John's Property? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by OLULAW: 11:56am On Jul 15, 2021
Ndi ara. Onye beribe. I blame Awo and Zik for forcing those cretins on the rest of us.
Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by iPresh4s(m): 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
Where the wife?
Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by bigcasava1(m): 12:09pm On Jul 15, 2021

1 Like

Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by bigcasava1(m): 12:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
donbachi:
Dem go drag people farmland,thief cows and kill farmland owner.na,dem done dey kill dem sef,dey collect wife.
expire wife for that matter
Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by bigcasava1(m): 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2021
yanabasee1:
These people and their love for puna....

They pretend the most but would do anything to get into any cunt they see.... be it a baby cunt or an aged cunt....
sometimes goat and cows
Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by LegalWolf: 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2021
theTranslator:
it only takes place among kings
It's to take care of the late man's wife
Not the other way that you do

Besides the men to inherit the woman are always reluctant and the practice is dying rapidly if not dead yet

The thing is: you guys are always quick to point out the dust in others' eyes without taking off the log in yours. The issue is not whether the practice is dying or not or whether it takes place amongst kings. My point is: the yoruba people practice it. That's simple. The motive is non-consequential to the argument.

See the thing is I am a Fulani from Kwara, speak fulfude and yoruba languages and I am aware of the practice of 'Opo'. In fact, the Yoruba people I know who practiced this are in no way kings at all. They are from Ibadan so please don't let us deceive ourselves.
Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by theTranslator: 12:28pm On Jul 15, 2021
LegalWolf:

The thing is: you guys are always quick to point out the dust in others' eyes without taking off the log in yours. The issue is not whether the practice is dying or not or whether it takes place amongst kings. My point is: the yoruba people practice it. That's simple. The motive is non-consequential to the argument.

See the thing is I am a Fulani from Kwara, speak fulfude and yoruba languages and I am aware of the practice of 'Opo'. In fact, the Yoruba people I know who practiced this are in no way kings at all. They are from Ibadan so please don't let us deceive ourselves.
Show me proof
Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by LegalWolf: 12:32pm On Jul 15, 2021
Perkins2018:

Which Yoruba? You better keep your ignorant mouth shut.

Its always sweet to point to the dust in other people's eyes why clearly ignoring the log in yours. I live amongst the Yoruba people and I speak the yoruba language fluently, even better than Fulfude. However, this practice is equally prevalent in Yorubaland. It is called 'Opo'. You can ask your elders to confirm this for you.

Fulani bashing is the new norm and I can't blame you people. This current disaster of an administration has magnified the latent hate you all have for us. But denying fact just to prove a non-existent point is dishonest. Not all Fulbe practices are in tandem with modern reality, same with the Yoruba and Ibo and all other cultures. After all, there is nothing constant in life than change
Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by LegalWolf: 12:42pm On Jul 15, 2021
Gerrard59:

A family affair. How is this comparable to Fulani herdsmen ransacking farmers and obliterating an entire village whose inhabitants are predominantly indigenous Christians? A Fulani injuring another (not gruesome murders like in Southern Kaduna) is totally different from Fulanis deliberately slaughtering Christians in Northern Nigeria.

As usual, sidestepping the actual issues about the genocide ongoing against Northern Nigeria's Christians.

My friend, you always muddle up the narrative. Is the Communities attacked by bandits in Zamfara, Katsina and Sokoto "predominantly indigenous Christians"? What about the current hotbed - Niger state? Why are you not charging the ongoing onslaught on those communities are ethnic cleansing? Afterall the media claim the attackers in all these instances are "suspected fulani herdsmen"? For your knowledge, these places are predominated by mixture of Hausa and Fulani people. Or the Fulani ethnically cleansing themselves? Does that make sense to you?

Its unfortunate there is crisis in all these places and the government (both at state and federal are not doing not enough). But it is not coordinated and neither is it ethnic cleansing. The criminals are taking advantage of the absence of government to carry out reprehensible conduct.

Again, I assume I am talking to an adult who recalled the incidents ore 2010. Between 2011 and 2015, there were a lot of attacks in Plateau. In fact, it was alleged at some quarters that the Fulani are ethnically cleansing the berom and other indigenous christians. But upon Lalong's inauguration and genuine efforts, when last did you hear of crisis in Jos?

1 Like

Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by LegalWolf: 12:45pm On Jul 15, 2021
theTranslator:

Show me proof

Proof of what exactly? You conceded yourself that it is practiced amongst kings, so what better proof do I have than admission?
Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by gaftsoil(m): 1:07pm On Jul 15, 2021
Useless country
Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by ajl: 1:11pm On Jul 15, 2021
Evil people. I once ran into this African guy in the US. He said he is from Senegal. Being someone conversant with events and politics across Africa to an extent, we got talking about issues in his country. Then I tried switching the topic to Nigeria, and stated that one of the many problems we are having now are fulani herdsmen going around killing people. The next thing he said really shocked me. "I am Fulani, my people are very violent. They like going around with arms, guns, etc" First surprise was that I didn't know or guess that he is fulani too. But his honesty and the way he referred to his kinsmen really says a lot. The guy had his little son with him and both were communicating in English in an American accent. I suppose he has stayed long enough in the US, and is quote open to discuss freely about issues.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by ajl: 1:15pm On Jul 15, 2021
LegalWolf:

My friend, you always muddle up the narrative. Is the Communities attacked by bandits in Zamfara, Katsina and Sokoto "predominantly indigenous Christians"? What about the current hotbed - Niger state? Why are you not charging the ongoing onslaught on those communities are ethnic cleansing? Afterall the media claim the attackers in all these instances are "suspected fulani herdsmen"? For your knowledge, these places are predominated by mixture of Hausa and Fulani people. Or the Fulani ethnically cleansing themselves? Does that make sense to you?

Its unfortunate there is crisis in all these places and the government (both at state and federal are not doing not enough). But it is not coordinated and neither is it ethnic cleansing. The criminals are taking advantage of the absence of government to carry out reprehensible conduct.

Again, I assume I am talking to an adult who recalled the incidents ore 2010. Between 2011 and 2015, there were a lot of attacks in Plateau. In fact, it was alleged at some quarters that the Fulani are ethnically cleansing the berom and other indigenous christians. But upon Lalong's inauguration and genuine efforts, when last did you hear of crisis in Jos?

See this web site. It track genocide incidents around the world. Nigeria has been added to the list. Check incidents by year and you will see that entry of Buhari changed something in them. They became bolder to head south. http://www.genocidewatch.com/nigeria

1 Like

Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by Gerrard59(m): 1:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
LegalWolf:

My friend, you always muddle up the narrative. Is the Communities attacked by bandits in Zamfara, Katsina and Sokoto "predominantly indigenous Christians"? What about the current hotbed - Niger state? Why are you not charging the ongoing onslaught on those communities are ethnic cleansing?

So cleaning out ethnic groups which aren't Fulani isn't ethnic cleansing? There are many ethnic minorities in Northern Nigeria, most of whom are Christians or animists while some are Muslims. Lying through your bare fingers that a deliberate obliteration of these people isn't ethnic cleansing is highly despicable!

Afterall the media claim the attackers in all these instances are "suspected fulani herdsmen"? For your knowledge, these places are predominated by mixture of Hausa and Fulani people. Or the Fulani ethnically cleansing themselves? Does that make sense to you?

Every knowledgeable bloke knows that Fulanis overpowered the ethnic Hausa people through conquest and imposed Islam on them (Islam got into Nigeria via its usual means - jihad). So, the Fulanis of today are repeating what your forefather - Usman Dan Fodio - did - conquering communities and lands through jihad. Nothing new.

Its unfortunate there is crisis in all these places and the government (both at state and federal are not doing not enough). But it is not coordinated and neither is it ethnic cleansing. The criminals are taking advantage of the absence of government to carry out reprehensible conduct

Big fat lie! What's not coordinated when women and children are told to hide in a school from maurading Fulani jihadists only for signal to be given to the same jihadists who went directly to the hideout and slaughtered 27 people?

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/abandoned-to-their-fate

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-new-war-against-africas-christians-11576880200

You mean the same period more than 500 people were killed and thousands displaced in incidents orchestrated by senior officials in today's government?

I don't expect anything useful from a Judas Iscariot in the Plateau, not today or tomorrow. I'm sure you love him wholeheartedly for his perfidious ways.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by ceaser: 1:35pm On Jul 15, 2021
PARACLETOS:
Who will marry Buhari's wife when he died grin

Pantami and Malami will fight over marrying her.

1 Like

Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by VEHINTOLAR: 1:43pm On Jul 15, 2021
How do you expect animals to behave ?
Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by adenigga(m): 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2021
VEHINTOLAR:
How do you expect animals to behave ?

I Wonder oooo.....

1 Like

Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by v2: 2:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
It must be a child bride the reason they are fighting.

If na old woman dem no go kill themselves.

Pedophiles
Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by jaxxy(m): 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2021
Vulcanheph:
Inheriting a widow shockedshockedshocked

This People are really stuck in the Stone age.
Maxymilliano:

Backward reasoning nonentities ...
Igbos has same tradition b4. I don’t know of Yorubas.
Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by tnerro1(m): 3:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
Should have allowed them to kill each other, backward set of nonentities..... spits
Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by tunjilana: 5:34pm On Jul 15, 2021
LegalWolf:

They may not be majority xtians but they are also not majority fulani....it is only those that don't knw the terrain that will accept ur line ot tot....Those states are made of diverse tribes who speak hausa for uniformity....

The areas in Niger are mainly Gwari/Nupe dominated. Kajuru whose Emir was recently abducted is a mainly non-fulani area in southern kaduna. Kebbi/zamfara have a lot of non fulani tribes...some local givt even have 2 or 3...atleast I knw this for sure

2 Likes

Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by GoldHorse(m): 5:35pm On Jul 15, 2021
I want to see the widow's picture.... undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by harmony75: 5:40pm On Jul 15, 2021
These fulanis human life is nothing to them

1 Like

Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by tobatele(m): 7:39pm On Jul 15, 2021
With all the problems we are facing, these people are fighting on inheritance
Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by Perkins2018: 9:35pm On Jul 15, 2021
LegalWolf:

Its always sweet to point to the dust in other people's eyes why clearly ignoring the log in yours. I live amongst the Yoruba people and I speak the yoruba language fluently, even better than Fulfude. However, this practice is equally prevalent in Yorubaland. It is called 'Opo'. You can ask your elders to confirm this for you.

Fulani bashing is the new norm and I can't blame you people. This current disaster of an administration has magnified the latent hate you all have for us. But denying fact just to prove a non-existent point is dishonest. Not all Fulbe practices are in tandem with modern reality, same with the Yoruba and Ibo and all other cultures. After all, there is nothing constant in life than change

I only corrected your misinformation. you said Yoruba still practice it to this day which is a lie. I only heard it in history. nobody in this generation has witnessed it. You are probably a fulani from kwara. Tell me if you have seen anybody practised it.
Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by knowntous: 9:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
wetin be my own:carry the matter go meet their family elder for aso rock make im settle am for them now.
Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by LegalWolf: 10:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
Perkins2018:

I only corrected your misinformation. you said Yoruba still practice it to this day which is a lie. I only heard it in history. nobody in this generation has witnessed it. You are probably a fulani from kwara. Tell me if you have seen anybody practised it.

To answer your question, yes I am a Fulani from Kwara. Now to the point of the matter, I have seen people practice it and it is even done till date. Like till date. I know an Ibadan man who died and they married his wife to his younger brother. In fact, a neighbor of mine in Lagos married his cousin’s wife. I eventually found out that in Yorubaland, the elder brother doesn’t marry the wife of his deceased younger brother. It can only happen the other way round. In the instance I am talking about, the deceased does not have a younger brother. In fact, they are from ikoyi in osun state (that was when I knew there was a town called ikoyi in osun). So please don’t lie to yourself and form woke on the net, this is a custom still existing and your denial won’t change that fact!

Now you’ll ask for evidence, am I to go the wife’s house and tell her to take a picture with me just to convince a person that’ll still doubt? If you’re being honest with yourself, ask around. The “Opo” institution is still existing and enduring in Yoruba land.
Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by Perkins2018: 10:28pm On Jul 15, 2021
LegalWolf:

To answer your question, yes I am a Fulani from Kwara. Now to the point of the matter, I have seen people practice it and it is even done till date. Like till date. I know an Ibadan man who died and they married his wife to his younger brother. In fact, a neighbor of mine in Lagos married his cousin’s wife. I eventually found out that in Yorubaland, the elder brother doesn’t marry the wife of his deceased younger brother. It can only happen the other way round. In the instance I am talking about, the deceased does not have a younger brother. In fact, they are from ikoyi in osun state (that was when I knew there was a town called ikoyi in osun). So please don’t lie to yourself and form woke on the net, this is a custom still existing and your denial won’t change that fact!

Now you’ll ask for evidence, am I to go the wife’s house and tell her to take a picture with me just to convince a person that’ll still doubt? If you’re being honest with yourself, ask around. The “Opo” institution is still existing and enduring in Yoruba land.

I'm from ondo state and I have never seen such. Anyone practicing such is backward Yoruba or not.

1 Like

Re: One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow by Yankee101: 12:44am On Jul 16, 2021
If these people will attack family, who be outsider?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It A Wise Idea To Sue My Wife? / Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. / Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.