Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Catfish Network - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Catfish Network (2109 Views)

Catfish Available In Festac, Lagos / Catfish Fingerlings Supply / Hartching Of Catfish Friers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catfish Network by Fish4wealth: 11:17am On Jul 15, 2021
The hike in the prices of foodstuffs is becoming a worrisome issues as farming and agriculture generally has not been given the needed attention.

Recently, the aquaculture sub-sector witnessed over 30% increase in the prices of fish feeds and other raw-materials.

Many fish farms are folding up while others have reduced the stocking capacity due to ranging challenges.

Sadly and more painful is the exploitation of fish farmers by fish mongers...

Are you a practicing/intending catfish farmer... Let's make a change in the catfish farming.

https:///CatfishNetwork
Re: Catfish Network by Fish4wealth: 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2021
If you are into catfish farming or intending to go into it or rather wants to invest with a catfish farmer... Hurry now to join the group...

Series of topics have been designed for a three months interactive phase....

Active participation commences soon.
Re: Catfish Network by AMI3(m): 3:55pm On Jul 15, 2021
Fish4wealth:
If you are into catfish farming or intending to go into it or rather wants to invest with a catfish farmer... Hurry now to join the group...

Series of topics have been designed for a three months interactive phase....

Active participation commences soon.

Please how do I join. Is it WhatsApp group?
Re: Catfish Network by Fish4wealth: 12:52am On Jul 16, 2021
AMI3:

Please how do I join. Is it WhatsApp group?

Simply fill the form on the first post.. You will be reached via email.
Re: Catfish Network by Fish4wealth: 12:58am On Jul 16, 2021
Barely two weeks ago, news had it that Ibadan catfish farmers went on strike to review the price of catfish in their State.
It is amazing how catfish is been compared with other frozen fishes...

Join us as we look at series of issues confronting catfish farming in Nigeria...
Re: Catfish Network by Fish4wealth: 9:59am On Jul 16, 2021
Its so amazing how market women and fish mongers has a very strong affinity and united voice to dictate and determine the price a fish farmer should benchmark his/her fish not minding the high cost of feeds and electricity tariff....

Sadly, we the major players have in decades find it difficult to synergize and collaborate to have a formidable and united voice.

I'm therefore calling like minds to come onboard to discuss issues affecting our industry while proffering workable solutions.
Re: Catfish Network by AMI3(m): 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2021
Fish4wealth:

Simply fill the form on the first post.. You will be reached via email.
l

The link is not working
Re: Catfish Network by Fish4wealth: 6:15pm On Jul 17, 2021
AMI3:
l

The link is not working

Send catfishnetwork as subject to agrowealth001@gmail.com.
Re: Catfish Network by kennethfranc(m): 9:02pm On Jul 17, 2021
Fish4wealth:

Send catfishnetwork as subject to agrowealth001@gmail.com.
All these protocols.... Why don't u break the link and share it for the public?
Re: Catfish Network by Fish4wealth: 4:36pm On Jul 19, 2021
kennethfranc:

All these protocols.... Why don't u break the link and share it for the public?

Nairaland has rules... I'm not sure if the link was not allowed to be accessible hence the email. I do not want to be ban for breaking nairaland rules..a platform that has offered many entrepreneurs a platform to network.
I've received a number of compliance from few catfish members on nairaland and I'm impressed so far, hence, if interested kindly follow the alternative "protocol".
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Catfish Network by Fish4wealth: 4:43pm On Jul 19, 2021
It is good to know that funding is key in running any venture or business but the big question is the ability of many entrepreneurs and catfish players in particular to defend the usage of such funding convincingly.

Of a truth we have an astronomical rise in the price of feeds and raw materials, nevertheless, can our financial plan justify the viability and profitability of such venture or farming.

Join the catfishnetwork and let's farm professionally to attract needed funding.
Re: Catfish Network by Fish4wealth: 9:07pm On Oct 29, 2021
Fish4wealth:
The hike in the prices of foodstuffs is becoming a worrisome issues as farming and agriculture generally has not been given the needed attention.

Recently, the aquaculture sub-sector witnessed over 30% increase in the prices of fish feeds and other raw-materials.

Many fish farms are folding up while others have reduced the stocking capacity due to ranging challenges.

Sadly and more painful is the exploitation of fish farmers by fish mongers...

Are you a practicing/intending catfish farmer... Let's make a change in the catfish farming.

https:///CatfishNetwork

Good to be back here and great to see a number of new entrants into catfish farming.

I shall be starting a more or less an introductory session for the benefits of many new entrants starting with "types of ponds"

The following are considered as types of ponds best for culturing catfish.

* Earthen pond
* Concrete pond
* Tarpaulin pond
* Plastic pond

It is important to know and understand all the aforementioned ponds, how to build and construct them, where best to build, what materials to be used, their durability, merits and demerits, etc.

Join me as we explore the world of catfish starting again this November.
For free participation.... Copy the link
Re: Catfish Network by Fish4wealth: 5:55pm On Oct 31, 2021
Catfish farming... (A hubby and a business venture)... Tap into it today. Interested in becoming a member of the catfish farming network....
��https://forms.gle/VQJkkdGxaecnit5c8

1 Like

Re: Catfish Network by Fish4wealth: 3:08pm On Nov 13, 2021
Are you a catfish farmer.. Then join the advocacy for price harmonization....

Good morning all and happy Saturday to all great catfish farmers here.
First let me say that to the best of my knowledge, catfish farming industry seems to be the most disunited and un-regulated industry.
We are at the mercy of feed sellers and fish buyers while we are the producers that ought to set the price.
Like they say, customer is the king but our king to feed producers.
If we cannot dictate neither negotiate feed price, how could the fish buyer dictate our price rather than negotiate

Second, our disunity, lack of regulation and self centeredness has really made us prone unlike other industry such as poultry, bakery, pure water to mention but few.

The truth is how many of us are members of a registered association or cooperative or groups playing active role?

Until we form a formidable cluster group, association or cooperative within our locality, only the strong will continue to sustain catfish business.

Sadly, many have resulted to alternative feeds that does not meet health standard when we have the power to effect change.

My position is that catfish farming should be regulated just as its applicable in tailoring, vulganizer, etc..

However few in our locality, let's come together to form a formidable cluster group and hold the market. Who says we cannot sell directly to consumers in large quantities. If the market women and middle can, we can too.

God bless catfish farmers
#Agrowealth
Re: Catfish Network by MaliEmpire: 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2021
This is exactly what i have been looking for.Am so impressed with this call.Am not into it yet, but soon i will join.As a fishery officer there's every need that i horn my skill.I received training in this area but got a job that had no connection as such i was not practicing.
The issue of 'market women' dictating the price of fish for farmer has been bothering me every single day.I have told my wife that once i start production,i will open a shop.I will never sell my fish to any who may want to dictate.
Re: Catfish Network by Fish4wealth: 9:16pm On Nov 15, 2021
MaliEmpire:
This is exactly what i have been looking for.Am so impressed with this call.Am not into it yet, but soon i will join.As a fishery officer there's every need that i horn my skill.I received training in this area but got a job that had no connection as such i was not practicing.
The issue of 'market women' dictating the price of fish for farmer has been bothering me every single day.I have told my wife that once i start production,i will open a shop.I will never sell my fish to any who may want to dictate.

Good to read from you.
I like to encourage you to believe it's doable. Many believed that it's a waste of time selling directly to consumers. My simple reaction is if consumer can buy from the market women, why can't they buy from farmers ...??
Simple truth is many farmers aren't ready to secure their market and equally lacks the tenacity and market dominance of the market women.
Re: Catfish Network by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 2:44pm On Nov 16, 2021
*BLACK SOLDIERS FLIES (BSFL) MAGGOTS FARM SET UP*

*_How you can drastically cut down cost of feeding fish/poultry/rabbits/ruminants using bsfl maggots and still get a very good results._*

We are a team of farmers that help to set up maggots farms.

We shall construct the housing
We will set up the maggots farm
Teach you how to run the farm
Do follow up after farm set up.

When you produce yourself your feed cost is as low as N100/kg.
A farm that use 10 bags (150kg) of feed /weekly for example.
When using maggots they will only need to buy 3 bags(45kg) weekly of conventional fish feed plus 105kg maggots to make up .In that way cutting the feed cost by 70%.
*Depending on the age of your fish, you can do 70% maggots & 30% conventional fish feed or 90% maggots & 10% conventional fish feed* .

*ADVANTAGES OF USING BSFL MAGGOTS*
(1) It reduces cost of feeding drastically
(2) It does not pollute water because maggots does not dissolve in water like regular feed.
(3) Any maggot the fish has not eaten will come back to the surface and float until they pick it .
(4) It's a safer way for humans because bsf maggot is organic
(5) Very high protein content. The crude protein of bsfl maggots stand between 40-67%
(6) A farmers can go for less nutrition feed in the market (which of course will be cheaper) as back up for bsfl maggots
(7) bsfl contains over 17 essential amino acids which is organic so when using bsfl maggots as feed for fish, u have less worried about their health.
(cool The waste from the maggots farm is organic fertilizer
(9) Maggot is feed to poultry birds & rabbits
(10) Maggots make fish grow faster & bigger
(11) When the farm is setup, you harvest maggots on a continuous daily basis if the cycle is not broken.
(12) It can give you *daily income year round if you do commercial production & you sell maggots to fish/poultry/rabbits farmers*

*3 Types of Maggots Farm Set ups*

*A) Mini farm...You get 10-20kg maggots per day*

*B) Semi - Commercial maggots farm producing 1 ton per week*

*C) Commercial maggots farm producing 8 -10 tons per week*

*_Farms can be in any part of 9ija or any Africa country._*

*Call*
*Gbenga:08136650972 or WhatsApp 08120528950*

*For maggots farms set up* .

Chart me up on WhatsApp 08120528950 for videos
Re: Catfish Network by letsfarmnigeria: 4:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
Subscribe to our youtube channel letusfarm to learn more about CATFISH farming and other farming activities click on the link below and then click on the subscription button to receive updates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsrpipEIb5I
Re: Catfish Network by ayosat(m): 12:01pm On Nov 27, 2021
�����������
Great people....
*Now available for sale*

� *1500+ Clarias Juveniles (8 to 9cm) plus 5% morality plus 100 free juveniles��
� *1500 clarias Post Fingerlings (6 to 7cm) plus 5% morality 100 free fingerlings / juveniles��
*Strong
* Disease free
* Fast growing
* Affordable
*simply the Best

Hurry up while stock last!!
We deliver deliver anyway in Nigeria

For more detail call or chat me up (Ayosat) on *08035193433*
Re: Catfish Network by breedfieldfarms: 6:52pm On Nov 30, 2021
Available for Sale here in our farm

2,000 Juvenile (Clarias)

Location Abule-Egba/ Sango axis
Call/ whtassp 08037456799
Re: Catfish Network by Fish4wealth: 10:15pm On May 20, 2022
Great to be here again.... You will agree with me that agriculture is vast and I can say it with all authority that agriculture demands technical know how, knowledge of science and technology to mention just two for the purpose of this info.....
For those in fish farming and specifically hatching and fingerlings production...
The image below should be familiar??
What is it called??
Many times, I read lots of complaints of decrease in number of fingerlings stocked... Are you aware that the presence of this organism in your pond can cause so much loss

Join me in subsequent posts as I share other causes of mortality in fish farming....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catfish Network by Hibbybams(f): 10:52pm On May 21, 2022
Good quality cat fish plus fresh water plus good feed equals Substainable fish all year round.

I know a great plug to acquire your good quality and disease free catfish seeds.(Fingerlings and juveniles.
#Carebam_agro path.
Re: Catfish Network by Fish4wealth: 3:45pm On May 22, 2022
Greetings once again fellow practicing and intending catfish farmers...
Causes of mortality(cont')
Water is known to be one of the major element in fish farming... Interestingly not how clean or white a water look on appearance justify if such is suitable for fish farming...
The picture below shows a corrected clean water ph....

Do you determine your water ph before stocking and did you ensure that through out the cycle, your pond water are absolutely right for your fish optimal growth...

Join me next time as we continue on causes of fish mortality...

Re: Catfish Network by Fish4wealth: 4:34pm On May 22, 2022
What a nice raining season again in this part of the world......Some #meals are unarguably best for a wet day amongst which is #hotcatfish #peppersoup...Delight yourself today and enjoy numerous #health benefits of catfish...

https://www./314131023389846/permalink/511862703616676/

Re: Catfish Network by Fish4wealth: 5:59pm On Jun 06, 2022
Calling on catfish farmers in Kosofe Local government Area of Lagos State....

In times like this when prices of feeds are soaring higher leading to increase in price of fish.. Many farmers had no choice than to quit.
Consequently leading to shortage of farmers in a particular area.

I therefore call on farmers within Kosofe to indicate for the purpose of networking.

Thanks
Re: Catfish Network by Fish4wealth: 11:34pm On Aug 09, 2022
The importance of stocking the right catfish seedlings cannot be overemphasized. It may look insignificant but it a great success factor to have a knowledge of the average weight and length of your new stock as shown in the image...
Are you guilty of record keeping
Talk to us today on catfish farming record keeping.

Re: Catfish Network by Fish4wealth: 9:03pm On Oct 24, 2022
Whaoo,just like yesterday, the tenth month is equally almost over..Glory be to God as we shall be alive to see the twelfth month. Amen!

Are you aware that the economy is experiencing a greater spike ranging from food stuffs, transportation, gas/kerosine, automobile, rent, bills, etc..

Amazingly, the festive period is gathering so much momentum and I'm sure that, irrespective of the harsh economy, events such as travelling, concerts, dinner, dates, parties, etc are unavoidable activities for the season.

In order not to be left behind... 50days can still make a significant difference....

*HOW! HOW!! HOW!!! HOW!!!!*

1. Savings: You may have not cultivated an attitude of #targetsavings for personal reasons but let me shock you, _money you don't plan for will be spent without impact._ incidentally, other needs will continuously emerge( expectedly/unexpectefly) hence the need to save ahead.

Click here for savings options�

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02AE4Fs4a8rsGqD2gxjCQCT876FKBxRh8VPzMuMWtyeoTuVfzYA8LUyGEZKRjPFsvql&id=100053771446980

2. Investment: recently, the CBN raised MPR to 15.5% while many banks pegs their interest on savings as high as 4.65% per annum with loads of incomprehensible terms and conditions.

Click here to read more�
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0NEpRdJgRHqizCs27AdHvxcU3RMUo4JhLC8rNELp3ggMz3pXB7auPQu6BBe5i5719l&id=100053771446980
Re: Catfish Network by Cantonese: 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2022
Fish4wealth:
What a nice raining season again in this part of the world......Some #meals are unarguably best for a wet day amongst which is #hotcatfish #peppersoup...Delight yourself today and enjoy numerous #health benefits of catfish...

https://www./314131023389846/permalink/511862703616676/

Your location please
Re: Catfish Network by Fish4wealth: 9:20pm On Oct 25, 2022
Cantonese:

Your location please

Lagos..
Call/whatsapp: zero seven zero 88-62 eighty four 84
Re: Catfish Network by Fish4wealth: 2:54pm On Feb 15, 2023
I like to salute our endurance as we all sail through many challenges confronting us as a nation.
May God rescue Nigeria and bring back our lost prosperity through good governance.

As we strive to continue to promote catfish farming, here comes another opportunity.

https:///e/4bBFjPHDv.
Good luck if you're selected
Re: Catfish Network by Fish4wealth: 10:55am On Feb 17, 2023
Hello, are you contemplating on how to try your hands on catfish farming but lack the pre-requisite..

Join the link below to be part of an emerging opportunity in catfish farming.

https:///LAbGnY3XaQ04AvIylsAWG2

(1) (Reply)

Farmers Market / Real Facts About TRS Gari And Nigerian Garri. / Latest Cassava Grinding Engine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.