Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

'wonder Woman 1984’ Uses The Shopping Mall Era To Reflect Where We Are Today - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'wonder Woman 1984’ Uses The Shopping Mall Era To Reflect Where We Are Today (280 Views)

Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era / Prince Uses Nengi To Demonstrate His Favourite Sex Position, Ozo Pained / Movie: Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (2019) 138mb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'wonder Woman 1984’ Uses The Shopping Mall Era To Reflect Where We Are Today by greattechy(m): 12:04pm On Jul 15, 2021
After several delays thanks to Covid-19, Wonder Woman 1984 will be released very soon, with international theaters beginning to play it on December 16 before the film opens in theaters on December 25th in the United States – while also debuting for HBO Max subscribers on the very same day, in a game-changing release plan Warner Bros. is embarking on going into the next year.

Fandom was among the first outlets to actually see Wonder Woman 1984 this week – we’ll have a full review soon on an episode of SJU, though I can say I was very happy with the film – and to speak to director Patty Jenkins and star Gal Gadot about the highly anticipated sequel, which moves the action to the 1980s, as Wonder Woman takes on Maxwell Lord (Pedro Pascal) and Barbara Minerva, AKA Cheetah (Kristen Wiig) .

A MOVIE FOR OUR TIMES >>> https://fandom.com.ng/wonder-woman-1984-uses-the-shopping-mall-era-to-reflect-where-we-are-today/

The first big action sequence in the film takes place in a classic 1980s mall, and Jenkins noted it was quite an experience standing inside it, “Remembering how it felt. The world was just like a playpen. It was all so light and funny and fun and easy. It was so interesting to go back to that feeling.”

That sequence is a notably upbeat and fun one by design. As Jenkins explained, “The way we’re telling these Wonder Woman films, she’s got emotional stakes pretty quickly so the thing I kept saying to the studio and everybody was, after ending the first movie, I’m craving that Spider-Man-like moment where you’re just delighting in your superhero at their best. A lot of superhero movies have those moments at the three-quarter point because they don’t have big emotional stakes, so how they beat the villain is how you get that.”

Jenkins said that given the film’s character beats as it goes on, “We have to open up in this thing so you can just enjoy how amazing she is and how easy this is for her. So it became the place we can do that… I needed there to be that badass, flying around [sequence] – I always loved that part of the Spider-Man movies.”

That mall sequence also served as important character introductory beat for the film’s star, because when we meet Diana in the film, decades after we last saw her in World War I — and in the midst of saving the day — Gal Gadot said, “This is what she lives for. She gave up on making friends because they’re going to find out she’s immortal and they’re going to have to leave and she’s going to have to say goodbye. This is all she has. So honestly, this is fun for her. Like, okay, some people are trying to rob a store and take over a mall? No problem.” Dealing with some common thieves, Gadot said, “She’s dancing. She’s not even fighting. This is what she does.”

As for filming that sequence, Gadot exclaimed, “It was very delightful for me to shoot, to shoot the whole sequence, and even to take over a mall! We took over a mall from the 80s that was standing there and we dressed it completely so you literally feel like you’re back in the 80s and it was super fun to make. “

See other CASTs and Roles -->> https://fandom.com.ng/wonder-woman-1984-uses-the-shopping-mall-era-to-reflect-where-we-are-today/

(1) (Reply)

Movie: Extinct (2021) / Who Is The Your Favorite "Money Heist" Character / Nollywood Belongs To The Old Eastern Region Of Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.