Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,809 members, 7,862,677 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:58 PM

Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber (1065 Views)

Stop Hating Other Nigerians If You Want To Produce President –Okorocha To Ndigbo / Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana / Don't Run Away To East Gov Yero Of Kaduna State Appeals To Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by EzeUche2(m): 8:40pm On May 11, 2011
Speakership: S’East govs, Ohanaeze should apologise to Ndigbo – CPC guber candidate

From AMOS DUNIA, Abuja
Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Governorship candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in Enugu State in the April 2011 election, Mr. Osita Okechukwu, has described as appalling and shameful the differing opinions of the South-east governors, Ohanaeze and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) over the sharing of political offices in the country.

Okechukwu told Daily Sun in Abuja on Tuesday that while some of the PDP leaders and Ohaneze were agitating for deputy Senate president, others were canvassing for speaker of the House of Representatives while some few going for Senate presidency without proper focus.

Okechukwu wondered how any right-thinking person could claim that the Secretary to the Government of the Federation was important when there is an “imperial” chief of staff of the president, adding that in politics, symbols sometimes became more important than substance.
Accordingly, he called on the South-east PDP Leaders, governors and Ohaneze in particular to humbly apologise to Ndigbo for having allocated five million votes to President Goodluck Jonathan without any firm promise or negotiation with him.

He noted that as a result of the self-centred approach to politics by the South-east governors and Ohaneze leaders, Ndigbos were missing in the order of national protocol of number one to four, which included the President, Vice President, Senate President and Speaker of the House of Representatives.
According to Mr. Okechukwu: “It is a great disgrace to one of the most populous and hard working tribes in the country to go with nothing despite the five million votes that was allocated to President Jonathan by the South-east leaders.”

“It was disgraceful that the South-east governors, Ohaneze and the PDP leaders were coming out from a meeting where Senator David Mark was rated higher than Ndigbo as a whole. It is more painful when we recall that Ndigbo had always voted for the PDP since 1999.”
The CPC gubernatorial candidate further said the groups must apologise for going back home without a trophy in a race they fully participated and paid their due.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/may/11/national-11-05-2011-012.html
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by warrior01: 8:46pm On May 11, 2011
someone seeking attention
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by aljharem3: 8:49pm On May 11, 2011
i dey laff oooo
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by kasiem(m): 8:59pm On May 11, 2011
We need no apology now, what we need is to sweep pdp out of our land and create room for apga to take over
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by EzeUche2(m): 9:01pm On May 11, 2011
kasiem:

We need no apology now, what we need is to sweep pdp out of our land and create room for apga to take over
[/quote

Let the planning phase begin. But something needs to be done with Peter Obi. He is giving APGA a bad name in Anambra.
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by Odunnu: 9:30pm On May 11, 2011
This Okechukwu man should go and sit down jor
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by HighChief4(m): 10:59pm On May 11, 2011
I think it is a leason well learnt, now we have to go build our own political structure. OBJ has always been a problem to the progress(politically) of Ndigbo, hence I was not comfortable with his romance with GEJ
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 11, 2011
They should keep it up. Makes thing a lil easier for the people of NIgeria when the 2015 Presidential election comes.

grin

Did I hear Fashola/Ngige orFashola/Sambo?
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by nduchucks: 12:31am On May 12, 2011
How I miss the lofty presence of  Sir Odumegwu Ojukwu, the ikemba Nnewi Eze Igbo Gburugburu.    cry

The real deal was the one made between David Mark, Bankole, and GEJ during the Yar'Adua saga wherein, GEJ would be supported by those 2 leaders of NASS and they in turn would annoint GEJ as acting President. GEJ's action item was to support both Mark and Bankole if they were reelected. Notice how GEJ through OBJ tried very hard to get Bankole a ticket.

The SE politicians knew of the agreements and are not surprised at all, at GEJ's support. Sorry to say, the current crop of SE leaders are political  novices. Egbe ndi Israeli piafuka their heads one at a time.
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by Abagworo(m): 1:08am On May 12, 2011
This whole drama is disgraceful and makes me kind of ashamed of all Igbo leaders and their apologists here on nairaland.The best option should have been just supporting an upright man that will improve Nigeria irrespective of his ethnicity but they would not listen.2ndly zoning and sharing of whatever should have been a thing of the past.Competence should be the order of the day.These are the reasons I love Buhari.If only 10 Igbo men are the most competent let them occupy all.

It is hypocritical to kill zoning and still come back to request for zoning.
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by EzeUche2(m): 1:18am On May 12, 2011
Abagworo:

This whole drama is disgraceful and makes me kind of ashamed of all Igbo leaders and their apologists here on nairaland.The best option should have been just supporting an upright man that will improve Nigeria irrespective of his ethnicity but they would not listen.2ndly zoning and sharing of whatever should have been a thing of the past.Competence should be the order of the day.These are the reasons I love Buhari.If only 10 Igbo men are the most competent let them occupy all.

It is hypocritical to kill zoning and still come back to request for zoning.

Shut up fool!

Buhari is a bigger bigot.

Jonathan was the lesser of two evils.
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by aljharem3: 1:22am On May 12, 2011
EzeUche_:

Shut up fool!

B[b]uhari is a bigger bigot. [/b]

Jonathan was the lesser of two evils.

how ??

did he not pick and igbo vice before

i don't understand
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by Demdem(m): 7:58am On May 12, 2011
kasiem:

Hmmn, so many of us thought and concluded this was the right step in the right direction before the elections but the majority ethnic and religious bigots thought otherwise. Its too late for now. Chill out till 2015.
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by konkolok: 10:04am On May 12, 2011
@Demdem, good talk jare. all those fools who were 'voting for Jonathan and not PDP' are now realizing their stupidity. i'm waiting for one of them to complain near me. the kind of slap i go wack am, it will read 9.7 on the Richter scale. I have always known that Ibo politicians are either very foolish or too greedy to think of the consequences of their choice of affiliation. We had an opportunity to effect a change in the direction we all wanted but they decided to vote for Ebele Azikiwe, they must live with it.
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by omenala(m): 12:47pm On May 12, 2011
Abagworo

:

It amazes me how these anti gej people reason, we in the south east did not vote for jonathan because of juicy appointments. No, we voted en mass for a candidate that we feel (and know) will bring development to the region. The cpc governorship candidate and all other anti gej nairalanders should shut the hell up. I believe gej is a man of his word and its too early to draw conclusions(or to say i told you so), cos i know damn well that buhari would have
done worse. Ohaneze should ignore this cpc f.o.o.l!
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by Ngodigha: 1:01pm On May 12, 2011
konkolok:

@Demdem, good talk jare. all those fools who were 'voting for Jonathan and not PDP' are now realizing their stupidity. i'm waiting for one of them to complain near me. the kind of slap i go wack am, it will read 9.7 on the Richter scale. I have always known that Ibo politicians are either very foolish or too greedy to think of the consequences of their choice of affiliation. We had an opportunity to effect a change in the direction we all wanted but they decided to vote for Ebele Azikiwe, they must live with it.
This is a laughable post. What has come over you poor boy. What is wrong in the Igbo voting in block for once to a man of their choice and getting it right.
If the Igbo had voted for Ribadu and he still did not win, you all will still come out of your filty dungeons to attack the Igbo for voting for Ribadu. Why can't all this parasites leave the Igbo alone. Is it a crime to be a force to be reckoned with in Nigeria?.
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by HighChief4(m): 1:38pm On May 12, 2011
Ngodigha:

This is a laughable post. What has come over you poor boy. What is wrong in the Igbo voting in block for once to a man of their choice and getting it right.
If the Igbo had voted for Ribadu and he still did not win, you all will still come out of your filty dungeons to attack the Igbo for voting for Ribadu. Why can't all this parasites leave the Igbo alone. Is it a crime to be a force to be reckoned with in Nigeria?.

Good question. God bless you
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by bigben3: 2:08pm On May 12, 2011
whats the big deal
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by ChinenyeN(m): 2:42pm On May 12, 2011
What to say, what to say. . .
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by feelamong(m): 2:56pm On May 12, 2011
The most painful part or would I say annoying part is that we the Igbos were used by PDP to rig the elections in favour of PDP……So for all the intimidation PDP used those bloody fools at the various Govt houses to do…this is what we get abi?? grin

Well, am sure OBJ would be laughing loud again!!!! grin grin

Stupid clueless idiots who only want to make money even if it meant using their own for the money!!!
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by HighChief4(m): 3:07pm On May 12, 2011
^^^Nobody used us and nobody has successfully tricked Ndigbo before, we were only smart to detect on time the plans of some hating Yorubas to influence GEJ. Until we do not get the rightful dividends and political promises GEJ promised us then we will stand up again for our right. We are not push-overs
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 12, 2011
High_Chief:

^^^Nobody used us and nobody has successfully tricked Ndigbo before, we were only smart to detect on time the plans of some hating Yorubas to influence GEJ. Until we do not get the rightful dividends and political promises GEJ promised us then we will stand up again for our right. We are not push-overs

So now they've started blaming their incompetency on the Yorubas. Faster than I expected.

LOL hate us or love us, we're here to stay.

Ndigbos hate for the Yorubas have always been their downfall.

North voted for SW, SS voted for SW, GEJ (president) Supported SW. . . . no vex. Incase nobody knows, SW is a Yoruba region.
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by akoraye(m): 3:56pm On May 12, 2011
Are these igbos now crying 4 zoning they've killed long time ago? they must be joking! they're just political munbustu!
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by seanet02: 4:29pm On May 12, 2011
What are Ibos for?
Used and Dump!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by EkoIle1: 4:45pm On May 12, 2011
High_Chief:

But you just got pushed over in broad day light because of your stupidity, not because of any Yoruba people. OBJ is not ours and he's never been, he's yours, he's PDP like your leaders and GEJ, they all flock together like useless condoms.

The decision to follow follow like mumu was made within your borders, not anywhere close to Yoruba land. Accept your foolishness and deal with the consequences, crying all over the place is def not any kind of answer to your present predicament.
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by kasiem(m): 4:56pm On May 12, 2011
seanet02:

What are Ibos for?
Used and Dump!!
grin grin grin grin
the way i used and dumped ur mum.
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by aljharem3: 7:16pm On May 12, 2011
High_Chief:

already blaming them shocked shocked shocked so fast
grin grin
Re: Speakership: S’east Govs, Ohanaeze Should Apologise To Ndigbo – Cpc Guber by emekagh(m): 8:28pm On May 12, 2011
So why didn't the South West Vote for Buhari? Let me guess, they didn't know what they want? Or is the classic case of cowardice?

(1) (Reply)

We Will Cease Fire For Ramadan", Says Boko Haram In Letter Received By Desert He / Shadism: A Frontier Of Our Peoples Struggle? / Nl Please Link Me With Col. Yakubu Bako

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.