Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

20 Year Old Ijaw Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate Student In U.s University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 20 Year Old Ijaw Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate Student In U.s University (1060 Views)

Uniport Post-graduate Student Sets To Marry His Course-mate / Doctor Jonathan Chukwunonso Manulu, ABU College Of Medicine Best Graduate / See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Year Old Ijaw Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate Student In U.s University by ibiso1986: 5:56pm On Jul 15, 2021
A 20 year old Ijaw student, Miss Alaba Ann Tam Danagogo, has emerged the 2021 overall best scholar of the aSyracuse University in New York, the United States of America (U.S.A).

Miss Alaba who hails from Rivers state / Kalabari was the Students’ Speaker (valedictorian) for 2021 and she was selected as a Senior Class Marshall of the university.

She graduated with a 3.97 CGPA in a four-point system and was recognized and honoured as a distinguished Syracuse University Scholar of the year 2021.

Re: 20 Year Old Ijaw Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate Student In U.s University by LordIsaac(m): 7:32pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hardwork meets opportunity! A privilege well used... Congrats dearie.

1 Like

Re: 20 Year Old Ijaw Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate Student In U.s University by Kriely(m): 1:52am On Jul 16, 2021
Niceeeeeeeee
Re: 20 Year Old Ijaw Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate Student In U.s University by phemmyfour: 5:42am On Jul 16, 2021
What course?
Re: 20 Year Old Ijaw Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate Student In U.s University by cassidy1996(m): 9:35am On Jul 16, 2021
Kudos, to read book nor easy
Re: 20 Year Old Ijaw Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate Student In U.s University by TenderManiac: 6:01pm On Jul 16, 2021
My heart goes out...much love for young achievers.

Re: 20 Year Old Ijaw Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate Student In U.s University by TenderManiac: 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2021
My heart goes out...much love for young achievers.[img]

1 Like

Re: 20 Year Old Ijaw Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate Student In U.s University by ibiso1986: 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2021
This should be on the front page to encourage others
Re: 20 Year Old Ijaw Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate Student In U.s University by ibiso1986: 6:06pm On Jul 16, 2021
phemmyfour:
What course?

Danagogo graduated with a distinction in Biology, her Major, and in English and Textual Studies, her Minor course.

She was also awarded the prestigious 1870 scholarship by the university for another four-year Medical Studies.

Prof. Karin Ruhlandt, the university’s Dean of the School of Arts and Science, said among Alaba’s academic accomplishments are the Deans List Honors, Distinction in Biology and the highest recognised 1870 Syracuse University scholarship offered by the Office of Admission of the university.

Alaba was Students’ Speaker (valedictorian) for 2021 and she was selected as a Senior Class Marshall of the university, recognised as a Distinguished Syracuse University Scholar, having graduated summa cum laude with a 3.97 CGPA in a four-point system.

According to Ruhlandt: “Alaba’s study in Biology also includes independent research related to the development of the brain’s neocortex which will eventually help scientists understand certain new developmental disorders.

“In addition to her academics, Alaba has volunteered at hospitals in Syracuse. She was also a student tutor and Event Coordinator for the Food Recovery Network and international student mentor at the Connection Programme in the Centre of International Services and serves as Vice-President of the Aikido Sports Club in Syracuse.”

In his remarks, posted on the university’s website, U.S President Joe Biden, who is also a 1968 Law graduate of Syracuse University, charged the university’s 2021 graduating class to remain resilient and purposeful to positively change the trajectory of their world.

Receiving her valedictory award, Alaba said: “The journey was tough but I made the promise to myself to do my best and make my time at Syracuse University special for me.

“I hope to gain the necessary scientific skills to care for those in need and also bring my thoughts to bear through literature and creative writing.”

1 Like

Re: 20 Year Old Ijaw Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate Student In U.s University by ibiso1986: 6:06pm On Jul 16, 2021
Joe Biden Graduated from the same university
Re: 20 Year Old Ijaw Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate Student In U.s University by achaemeka(m): 7:45am On Jul 17, 2021
Re: 20 Year Old Ijaw Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate Student In U.s University by richmond500: 7:46am On Jul 17, 2021
3.97 in a 4point system? That's badass.

By the way, that Ijaw girl part is not necessary, this is only particular to Igbos and Yorubas.
Let's not be like them pls, a Rivers state girl would have been preferred

1 Like

Re: 20 Year Old Ijaw Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate Student In U.s University by Alexaonfleek: 7:49am On Jul 17, 2021
South South to the world kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: 20 Year Old Ijaw Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate Student In U.s University by richmond500: 7:53am On Jul 17, 2021
phemmyfour:
What course?
No course is easy my brother, She's a fvcking genius even if na Agric she study.

The difference between medicine and biological science is that u can lax in Bio SC and still graduate with a low GPA, but anyone who graduates with a distinction in Bio Sc is very intelligent and probably more intelligent than ur medical students

1 Like

Re: 20 Year Old Ijaw Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate Student In U.s University by phemmyfour: 8:25am On Jul 17, 2021
richmond500:
No course is easy my brother, She's a fvcking genius even if na Agric she study.

The difference between medicine and biological science is that u can lax in Bio SC and still graduate with a low GPA, but anyone who graduates with a distinction in Bio Sc is very intelligent and probably more intelligent than ur medical students
"What course? " means I need detailed information not what you were thinking
Re: 20 Year Old Ijaw Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate Student In U.s University by richmond500: 8:30am On Jul 17, 2021
phemmyfour:
"What course? " means I need detailed information not what you were thinking
my bad.

Sorry
Re: 20 Year Old Ijaw Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate Student In U.s University by Adekunle813: 10:19am On Jul 17, 2021
Congrats smiley
Re: 20 Year Old Ijaw Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate Student In U.s University by ibiso1986: 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2021
ibiso1986:
Joe Biden Graduated from the same university
exactly

(1) (Reply)

Seven Things To Know About New NECO Registrar, Wushishi / First Term Examinations Questions For Primary Schools / TASUED Protest : Army Releases SUG President, EFCC Grabs Other Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.