Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,290 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Revenue Collectors Detain Peter Obi For Three Hours In Onitsha - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Revenue Collectors Detain Peter Obi For Three Hours In Onitsha (770 Views)

Police Arrest Fake Revenue Collectors In Lagos / Father Of Two Steals Car, Repaints It Within 8 Hours In Kwara (Photo) / Anambra State Task Force Arrests Fake Revenue Collectors In Onitsha (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Revenue Collectors Detain Peter Obi For Three Hours In Onitsha by TonyRazor(m): 6:56pm On Jul 15, 2021
Revenue collectors detain Peter Obi for three hours in Onitsha

Illegal revenue collectors on Thursday detained a former governor of Anambra State for three hours at the Bridgehead Onitsha, Anambra State.

Narrating his experience to journalists on Thursday at his residence in Onitsha, Obi described the situation as horrible.

He appealed to the Anambra State Government to tackle the menace of such extortionists.
Obi said, “I was passing through the Bridgehead in the morning where I experienced over three hours delay in traffic.

"Out of curiosity, I had to come down from my vehicle only to behold different groups extorting money from the people.

"Apart from causing delays in traffic, they constitute a menace to the travelling public, businesses and people’s sources of livelihood, not mentioning the countless hours lost to unproductivity at such traffic hotspots.”

He enjoined the state government to move in quickly and flush out all illegal groups using the name of government to cause problems to people at a time when Nigerians were passing through tough times occasioned by cumulative years of hardship.

He added,"Aside causing more hardship to the road users, these extortionists pose a serious security threat to society.

" I called on those engaged in the illegal acts to rethink and mend their ways rather than harassing those that make honest efforts to make ends meet."

Re: Revenue Collectors Detain Peter Obi For Three Hours In Onitsha by elmodee7(m): 7:18pm On Jul 15, 2021
What more do you expect from jobless terrorists.
Re: Revenue Collectors Detain Peter Obi For Three Hours In Onitsha by Asgard73: 8:05am On Jul 16, 2021
All anambrians have continue to complain bitterly about this extortion and influx of louts to anambra and the painful part is that those louts are not anambrains

Peter Obi is complaining.. every indigenous human is complaining..
OBIANO busy Dey front airport .. while the citizens are suffering

OBIANO is more of a curse than blessing to ndi anambrA.
Heard he collected billions for those humans to operate freely.

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Boys Withdrew My Dad's Money / Breaking : Man Shot In Broad Daylight Robbery At Kwashieman [video] / NEW UPDATE: Court Gives Surprise Ruling On Rahman Adedoyin, Suspected Killer Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.