Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? (5479 Views)

Poll: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians?

Religious education: 40% (6 votes)
Poverty is more pronounced among muslims: 33% (5 votes)
Christian mafia: 13% (2 votes)
Discrimination against Yoruba muslims: 13% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Why Do Yoruba Muslims Dominate Yoruba Christians? / Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful / Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by aloyemeka1: 1:18am On May 12, 2011
Why are Yoruba muslims generally more backwards albeit more flamboyant than Yoruba Christians in terms of education, technocrats, wealth, etc?. Is the trend related to the orientation given to them by Islamic religion compared with the wealth of knowledge received by more progressive Yoruba Christians?.  Please vote.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by Ngodigha: 8:52pm On May 12, 2011
@the OP, YOU ARE ON POINT. Good observation.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by aloyemeka1: 3:34am On May 13, 2011
I observe everything.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by oderemo(m): 9:27pm On May 13, 2011
^^, yeah right. u observe everything except common sense.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by henry101(m): 3:27am On May 14, 2011
OP? Hope you are ok.
How many govenors in the SW are christains?
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by olawalebabs(m): 5:52pm On May 15, 2011
I do have respect for the porter, but this post is making me have a re think. Check your data box well to figure out what you just said. Who are the people in charge of south west now?
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by aloyemeka1: 8:04pm On May 15, 2011
olawalebab:

I do have respect for the porter, but this post is making me have a re think. Check your data box well to figure out what you just said. Who are the people in charge of south west now? 

Just like the Hausa-Fulani are in charge of Nigeria for the most part yet they are the poorest of the bunch. Yoruba muslims may control the govt for now but the Christian counterparts are by far richer and well educated. What is the reason behind that?. 40% votes here already are pointing fingers at Christians and their discrimination yet the govt belongs to the muslims. Who is discriminating against who?.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by olawalebabs(m): 8:09pm On May 15, 2011
I dont understand the parameter you use, check it out ondo state has more yoruba christain than muslim yet they have the lowest and highest concentrate of poor people in south west
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by aloyemeka1: 8:27pm On May 15, 2011
olawalebab:

I dont understand the parameter you use, check it out ondo state has more yoruba christain than muslim yet they have the lowest and highest concentrate of poor people in south west

Ekiti state reign in poverty before Ondo .
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by lepasharon(f): 9:09pm On May 22, 2011
@poster u r so right about dat!
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by Desola(f): 7:24pm On May 23, 2011
Yorubas seem to be falling for this trap - hook, line and sinker! This is just a trap to get Yorubas to argue against each other over religion for the ibos to relish.

Fact is, be it Muslim, Christian or Osun worshiper, Yorubas don't give a hoot about religious differences. Our culture is so strong so much so that it binds us irrespective of our religious orientation. As opposed to some, a Yoruba christian believes that the muslims serve the same God, hence the reason why you see us getting on swimmingly.

I am a christian whose background is Islam. I have muslim names, yet, i've never practised the religion. 95% of Yoruba christians have muslims in their family, that if not immediate, then it would be extended.

We don't fight over religion so abeg find something else to say. Try harder!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by htajz: 12:47am On Oct 07, 2011
lol una no dey tire? me i don tire for tribalism
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by lagcity(m): 12:52am On Oct 07, 2011
htajz:

lol una no dey tire? me i don tire for tribalism

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked what happened to you? htajz, the igwe of tribalism don tire. see miracle ooo
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by htajz: 1:36am On Oct 07, 2011
lagcity:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked what happened to you? htajz, the igwe of tribalism don tire. see miracle ooo
tired but i dey watch , since GEJ and nigerdelta bashing don reduce make i cool down for now.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by Ybutterfly: 3:15am On Oct 07, 2011
^^^^^^^^well I don't know but Muslims in general; reject education only Qur'an education so as a result they are illiterates. Any form of education besides Qur'an education is bad to them, especially Hausa Muslims. It is not as extreme with Yoruba's

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by olawalebabs(m): 6:52am On Oct 07, 2011
Where do you get your source from that muslims are against any knowledge except qur'anic education.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by aurenflani: 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2011
you thing progress and western (english) education is superior to any other? the english they taught you is it written in english script? no. it is roman script. the countries that are rapidly growing in the world like iran, china, brazil are they development b/cos these countries are christians, no. to ur mind english is the only language that qualifies one to be literate, isn't it? that is why if the yoruba & hausa muslims learn to read the Qur'an which is in arabic, they are still illiterate. na wa for ur mind o.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by Sweetnecta: 2:29pm On Oct 08, 2011
@Desola; Sisi send me a message to galadimalou@aol.com
i will like to communicate with you.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by deols(f): 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2011
Am not surprised Aloy/Emeka is d op. wat do u expect of some1 who cant make sense of d flood in Ibadan. She could only compare that with las vegas. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-754559.0.html#msg9103118

how then can she make sense of anything religious if not tribal ? Something a 10 yr old should be spanked for.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by Jenifa1: 7:02pm On Oct 08, 2011
How can they be backward when they control the state apparatus. and maybe rightly so because they are the most traditional and the ones partially responsible for sustaining our yoruba culture.
whether christian or muslim. we Yorubas will always be united. obviously you have a problem with that.

it's high time this aloy-emeka is banned sef. where is Seun when you need him  cool
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by Jenifa1: 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2011
Desola:

Yorubas seem to be falling for this trap - hook, line and sinker! This is just a trap to get Yorubas to argue against each other over religion for the ibos to relish.

Fact is, be it Muslim, Christian or Osun worshiper, Yorubas don't give a hoot about religious differences. Our culture is so strong so much so that it binds us irrespective of our religious orientation. As opposed to some, a Yoruba christian believes that the muslims serve the same God, hence the reason why you see us getting on swimmingly.

I am a christian whose background is Islam. I have muslim names, yet, i've never practised the religion. 95% of Yoruba christians have muslims in their family, that if not immediate, then it would be extended.

We don't fight over religion so abeg find something else to say. Try harder!

true talk  grin
same here with my family too.

yorubas are proof and evidence that christians and muslims can coexist peacefully.
muslims on average tend to be less wealthy materially. but they are very wealthy spiritually. and we christians need to emulate that in our faith sometimes.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by maclatunji: 3:56pm On Oct 09, 2011
I laugh in Chinese.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 09, 2011
becos they call us keferi and deny us marriage to their daughters embarassed
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by Sweetnecta: 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2011
^ freak show. you beg to much. aree! he probably has only mouth like aje-akara.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 09, 2011
whats this old man saying? undecided
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by alienvirus: 7:16pm On Oct 09, 2011
He says, brush your mouth before you talk to me
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 09, 2011
hope u realise that im a male
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by Jenifa1: 8:16pm On Oct 09, 2011
alienvirus:

He says, brush your mouth before you talk to me

rotfl grin
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by aloyemeka1: 12:44am On Oct 13, 2011
Jenifa_:

it's high time this aloy-emeka is banned sef. where is Seun when you need him  cool

Ode oshi!Omo ale jati jati, ko ni da fun e undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by Jenifa1: 2:33am On Oct 13, 2011
no comment
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by Sweetnecta: 6:45am On Oct 13, 2011
Aloy/Emeka, Aloy/Emeka. Aloy/Emeka. Eee melo ni mo pe iwo omo obinrin yi?
Maa ma binu bayi. Kilo le to be to fi fara ya?
Too bu obinrin egbe e dele dele doonoo doonoo?

Obi eniyon ko la ma nfi tayin.

Sora re o, iwo omo obinrin yi. Hu iwa sisi. Maa soo nkon tio daa si elo mii o. Maa bu awon obi eni yon o,

@Jenifa; Sisi mi. Maa daa Aloy/Emeka. Ko waa lati okon ee.
Mo ro wipe asiko osu e la wa yi.
Maa binu.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? by olawalebabs(m): 10:29am On Oct 13, 2011
Aloy/Emeka That is too much, de de mira

(1) (2) (Reply)

Essentials Of Eidul Adha / As A Muslim, Have You Ever Asked Yourself; What's Next After Death? / Which Religion Was Practised During The Pre-islamic Period In The Arab Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.