Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Steering Issues! Help!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Steering Issues! Help!! (849 Views)

Car Radio System Issues. Help! / Steering Issues In Toyota Camry 07 / Electric Power Steering Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steering Issues! Help!! by nairaandkobo: 7:53pm On Jul 16, 2021
I'm in a fix right now, a day before. I ran over a bump accompanied by bad roads in my neighborhood ( I don't know which affected it) I had a leak ; at first I heard a whirring sound when I try to turn the steering . I parked and checked , lo and behold I saw oil. I quickly called on some one who called a mechanic to check where it was coming from, the man said it was from the pressure hose, that there was a hole in it.

Me thinking it was just a mere hose, I asked him to change it ..... after he changed it and refilled the oil, it was free until I wanted to test.... few meters the steering became very hard and I couldn't even move from the spot. Car is a 2003 corolla altis

1. He's saying the pump is bad and needs replacement
2. Someone is suggesting we change the rack! and not the pump

Please, what do I do?

GAZZUZZ
autologic
diportivo
radautoworks

1 Like

Re: Steering Issues! Help!! by daddytime(m): 8:20pm On Jul 16, 2021
I been think say na Hyundai make I tell you say na follow come wahala
Re: Steering Issues! Help!! by diportivo: 9:11pm On Jul 16, 2021
nairaandkobo:
I'm in a fix right now, a day before. I ran over a bump accompanied by bad roads in my neighborhood ( I don't know which affected it) I had a leak ; at first I heard a whirring sound when I try to turn the steering . I parked and checked , lo and behold I saw oil. I quickly called on some one who called a mechanic to check where it was coming from, the man said it was from the pressure hose, that there was a hole in it.

Me thinking it was just a mere hose, I asked him to change it ..... after he changed it and refilled the oil, it was free until I wanted to test.... few meters the steering became very hard and I couldn't even move from the spot. Car is a 2003 corolla altis

1. He's saying the pump is bad and needs replacement
2. Someone is suggesting we change the rack! and not the pump

Please, what do I do?

GAZZ.UZZ
autolo.gic
dipor.tivo
radauto.works

im guessing there's oil in the reservoir?it's the pump quite alright
Re: Steering Issues! Help!! by emmyN(m): 10:40pm On Jul 16, 2021
Change power steering pump as advised.
Re: Steering Issues! Help!! by nairaandkobo: 10:52am On Jul 17, 2021
Thanks to

GAZZ.UZZ
dipor.tivo

Car works now, I would update if anything pops up
Re: Steering Issues! Help!! by Dozieson(m): 11:03am On Jul 17, 2021
nairaandkobo:
Thanks to

GAZZ.UZZ
dipor.tivo

Car works now, I would update if anything pops up

How did you resolve the issue?
Re: Steering Issues! Help!! by nairaandkobo: 11:18am On Jul 17, 2021
Directions**

( Case may vary depending on condition of car )

(1) (Reply)

Please Help, My Toyota Camry Delays Starting / Why Is Jimny Jeep 2019 Not In Nigeria? / TOYOTA AVALONSHIP Keyless 2009 Limited Edition For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.