Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,843 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Widespread Notion That Every Lavish Lifestyle Is Proceeds Of Corruption - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Widespread Notion That Every Lavish Lifestyle Is Proceeds Of Corruption (162 Views)

Alibaba Speaks On Widespread Of Instagram Beggars / Meet The Heavily-tattooed Muslim Man Who Lives A Lavish Lifestyle (photos) / Banky W's 2016 Posts About Marriage Surface After His Lavish Traditional Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Widespread Notion That Every Lavish Lifestyle Is Proceeds Of Corruption by mcgaius: 8:05pm On Jul 16, 2021
Nothing has damaged mindsets more than the widespread notion that every person of means must be engaged in corruption or something sinister. When people hear another person acquired something of value, whispers of corruption, rituals and evil start flying around. Then, envy begins to build and covens are formed to malign the target. Envy is often clothed with the fine linens of anti-corruption crusade or embellished with social justice jargons.

I want to let you know that it's possible to make legit money here in Nigeria. You see those small boys that own shops in Computer Village, Alaba, Ladipo, Onitsha Main market, Araria Market...they are all billionaires!!!!!!!!!! I was once inside a warehouse in Ikeja where they sold tiles worth 24 Million Naira in my presence. Daily sales run into 30-50million Naira or more. When you see them take time off to attend a funeral or party to 'flex' , it doesn't mean it's ill-gotten wealth. You may disagree with the ostentatious displays of wealth, but please, stop the infantile accusations bordering on criminality. These boys work harrrrrrrrrd! Most of them have zero social life, except attending those occasions.

Outside trading, many institutions, companies, organizations are going around the world looking for skilled hands. They will pay any amount in any currency to get the value they want. If you want, live in a cage in creepiest part of the downtown, you will get paid for value like anyone else in Silicon Valley. The world is borderless and brainpower is the new currency.

The assumption that all wealth is ill-gotten flows from a poverty mindset. A lot of Nigerians need total liberation from this mindset. I think this mindset is the root of all evil. Get busy. Get your hands to work. Please!

Credit:Victoria Ibezim (Dot) Ohaeri
Re: Widespread Notion That Every Lavish Lifestyle Is Proceeds Of Corruption by Beckysexy(f): 8:06pm On Jul 16, 2021
Very true.
Not every wealthy person is into fraud or rituals but Poverty, hypocrisy and ignorance has eaten deep into many Nigerians. So sad.
All I know is I must make this money. Legally*.

1 Like

Re: Widespread Notion That Every Lavish Lifestyle Is Proceeds Of Corruption by anthonyuncle(m): 9:00pm On Jul 16, 2021
pure truth

(1) (Reply)

Foremost Izon Musician, Barrister Smooth Counsels Popular Socialite, Gyt / Wizkid F.C. MALO Or ESSENCE ??? / It’s The End Of An Era For Lionel Messi At Barcelona As The Spanish Club Confirm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.