Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

How To I Eject This Tenant - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To I Eject This Tenant (586 Views)

How Do I Eject This Tenant? / My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help / How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To I Eject This Tenant by Ohyinyeah: 7:05am On Jul 17, 2021
Please, can anyone highlight the procedure for ejecting a tenant from one's building in lagos?

The said tenant was owing over 1 years rent, not paying and not leaving.

Tenant was charged to court. The case has been ongoing for more than a year. Tenant and her lawyer do not show up in court on hearing date and have been adjourned for this reason each time...

Now running to almost 3 years in the flat without paying rent and without leaving....

��‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️
Re: How To I Eject This Tenant by Ohyinyeah: 7:26am On Jul 17, 2021
Lawlab4:
Get a lawyer
We have a lawyer handling the case.
Re: How To I Eject This Tenant by StPete: 7:28am On Jul 17, 2021
You should have taken the case to any of these mediation centres and ensured to ask for backlog of owed house rent and immediate vacation of premises. That's exactly what I did in my own case and it didn't take beyond the prescribed 6months with complete payment of outstanding rent. Now the tenant is a forgotten history.

Unfortunately since the matter is now in court, u may just have to hold on for final court proceedings

2 Likes

Re: How To I Eject This Tenant by Ohyinyeah: 7:32am On Jul 17, 2021
StPete:
You should have taken the case to any of these mediation centres and ensured to ask for backlog of owed house rent and immediate vacation of premises. That's exactly what I did in my own case and it didn't take beyond the prescribed 6months with complete payment of outstanding rent. Now the tenant is a forgotten history.

Unfortunately since the matter is now in court, u may just have to hold on for final court proceedings
Really? How much does it cost for mediation center and what are the guarantees that he will pay the backlog of rent owed?
Re: How To I Eject This Tenant by Ohyinyeah: 8:34pm On Jul 21, 2021
smiley
Re: How To I Eject This Tenant by QuinModah(f): 8:37am On Jul 22, 2021
Go to mediation center
Re: How To I Eject This Tenant by DaBogu: 6:35am On Jul 23, 2021
Una wey dey talk go to mediation center, didn you read that the mater is in court, mediation cannot do anything.
Re: How To I Eject This Tenant by allen113: 9:20am On Jul 28, 2021
Evil tenants everywhere

1 Like

Re: How To I Eject This Tenant by Ohyinyeah: 10:48am On Jul 31, 2021
allen113:
Evil tenants everywhere
Yeah
Re: How To I Eject This Tenant by mjblinks(f): 10:38pm On Nov 05, 2021
cry
Re: How To I Eject This Tenant by Cryptobits(f): 8:09am On Nov 30, 2021
cry

(1) (Reply)

The Onyx Affordable Luxury 4-Bedroom Terrace Duplex+BQ,Ajah (Governor's Consent) / Yaba Letting And Sales / 6plots, Beach Front, Off Orchid For 240m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.