Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London (1760 Views)

What Buhari Told Amaechi, Igbo Leaders About Nnamdi Kanu’s Release – Adesina / Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy / Senator Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah Hosts Yoruba Community Residents In Nnewi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by Successionist(m): 10:48am On Jul 17, 2021
Nigeria’s UK envoy hosts Yoruba, Igbo leaders in London

The Nigerian High Commissioner to the United Kingdom, Sarafa Isola, met with eminent Yoruba leaders and Ohaneze Ndigbo in London on Friday to dialogue on current security issues in Nigeria.

The minutes of the meetings, which took place at the Nigerian High Commission office, was e-mailed to the News Agency of Nigeria in Jos on Saturday.

According to the minutes, the dialogue centered on the efforts of the Federal Government to tackle internal security in Africa’s most populous country, which has been plagued by insecurity in recent years.

The Yoruba and Igbo leaders at the meeting reiterated their beliefs in the unity of Nigeria and the need to preserve it as a corporate entity.

The Igbo leaders called for the enthronement of equity, justice and fairness in the country, where the Igbo would be accorded their rightful position in the Nigeria project.

On their part, the Yoruba leaders also spoke on the need for Nigerian unity, adding that the Yoruba people would continue to remain in Nigeria.

Buhari postpones UK medical trip
Again, Buhari embarks on medical trip to London
They, however, demanded that power should evolve to the various components of the federation through restructuring and federalism.

They reiterated the need for true federalism as canvassed by Chief Obafemi Awolowo, a position the sage held until his death.

NAN reports that the Yoruba leaders were led to the meeting by Chief Adebayo Oladimeji, a Chartered Biologist and Chairman of Nigerian Elders in the UK.

The Ohaneze team was led by the President of the group in the UK, Dr Nnanna Igwe, a medical practitioner.

Both parties also stressed the need for dialogue and continuous engagement on matters of concern to all Nigerians, particularly those in the UK.

(NAN)

https://punchng.com/nigerias-uk-envoy-hosts-yoruba-igbo-leaders-in-london/

Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by donmixc: 10:50am On Jul 17, 2021
Let them come and host them in Nigeria let see how it goes angry
Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by jom28gy(m): 10:55am On Jul 17, 2021
The effect of this their meeting should reach home, not in foreign land,it should practically be done homely,
Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by Stan2330(m): 11:01am On Jul 17, 2021
This one's na noise makers
Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by velocity25(m): 11:01am On Jul 17, 2021
Any meeting by Southern Nigerians that's not about division of this area of Darkness is useless!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by YorubaKinging: 11:01am On Jul 17, 2021
The end is near

Yoruba nation will be achieved without no blood shed

But after it's independence from Nigeria

War war war
Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by Dmavin: 11:02am On Jul 17, 2021
Following keenly
Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by greatdreamer(m): 11:09am On Jul 17, 2021
Anybody who is still praying or believing in one Nigeria is wasting his time

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by Veqtor: 11:51am On Jul 17, 2021
So they reiterated their belief for one Nigeria?

They are simply buff0ons and do not represent us...rather they represent themselves and their fat pockets. Especially those greedy old f00ls that call themselves Ohaneze, they don't rep ndigbo at all. When the time comes, they will be cast out, to go nd stay with the foolanis in the Nigeria they love so much.
Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 17, 2021
Awon were.

Chief Adebayo blah blah blah...who da fvck is he?

No one knows him either homeland or diaspora.

If na dia papa born dem make dem go Igangan for Oyo state go hold the meeting.
Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by limeta(f): 12:30pm On Jul 17, 2021
Leaders in London
which london
Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by ablejesus26(m): 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2021
TripleOh7:
Awon were.

Chief Adebayo blah blah blah...who da fvck is he?

No one knows him either homeland or diaspora.

If na dia papa born dem make dem go Igangan for Oyo state go hold the meeting.

You see this is the major problem the various secessionist movement have at hand. Thinking you do not need this leaders is running away from the reality of the moment.
Every ethnic and people are governed by leaders chosen by the people to lead the land, this politifical and traditional leaders are the ones in front of the affairs of the land,take it or leave it, they are the leaders of the land.
You need to get them tapping into the struggle,they are the ones to sit down and talk with the fg, the fg will not sit and discuss breaking this failed union with mnk or igboho or any other secessionist �.
Once any region can get some of their Political and traditional principalities buying and selling their struggle for self determination, the fg will understand that it's not business as usual.
Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2021
ablejesus26:

You see this is the major problem the various secessionist movement have at hand. Thinking you do not need this leaders is running away from the reality of the moment.
Every ethnic and people are governed by leaders chosen by the people to lead the land, this politifical and traditional leaders are the ones in front of the affairs of the land,take it or leave it, they are the leaders of the land.
You need to get them tapping into the struggle,they are the ones to sit down and talk with the fg, the fg will not sit and discuss breaking this failed union with mnk or igboho or any other secessionist �.
Once any region can get some of their Political and traditional principalities buying and selling their struggle to self determination, the fg will understand that it's not business as usual.

Do you think that those that sat down with the Nigerian government in faraway London to discuss the fate of those at home are doing so for selfless reasons?

I mean, do you seriously think that it's beyond this government to actually pay huge sums of money to these clowns to sit down and be forming yeye meeting?

Like I said, who knows them? Who are they representing?

We don't need these ones to do anything for us. They are only good at being saboteurs.

You want to unite the nation, you didn't call leaders at home, you went to meet those in diaspora. Madness.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by FreeIgbos: 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2021
Nonsense!!!
Divide this contraption now and save Africa from anarchy and refugee crises!!!
Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by ablejesus26(m): 12:47pm On Jul 17, 2021
TripleOh7:

Do you think that those that sat down with the Nigerian government in faraway London to discuss the fate of those at home are doing so for selfless reasons?

I mean, do you seriously think that it's beyond this government to actually pay huge sums of money to these clowns to sit down and be forming yeye meeting?

Like I said, who knows them? Who are they representing?

We don't need these ones to do anything for us. They are only good at being saboteurs.

You want to unite the nation, you didn't call leaders at home, you went to meet those in diaspora. Madness.

Then get the ones that will champion the cause for breaking this failed union up there�.
Let me do a little maths for you if you would indulge me�.
Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 17, 2021
ablejesus26:

Then get the ones that will champion the cause for breaking this failed union up there�.
Let me do a little maths for you if you would indulge me�.

We already have a leader or leaders in Yorubaland ooooooo.

Ilana Omo Oodua is the group and professor Banji Akintoye is our leader.

He is ably supported by other elders and professors across Yorubaland.

If the federal government wants to discuss, let them discuss with them. These are the people we know.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by ablejesus26(m): 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2021
TripleOh7:

If the federal government wants to discuss, let them discuss with them. These are the people we know.

Who does power belongs to?.
Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by ablejesus26(m): 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2021
TripleOh7:

Don't get me wrong,I also would sign my approval to fall this evil forest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by Mastakija(m): 1:35pm On Jul 17, 2021
Where is northern leaders

Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by sultry69(m): 3:35pm On Jul 17, 2021
Good to hear,gradually,Fulani terrorists will eat grass at the end.
Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 4:01pm On Jul 17, 2021
ablejesus26:

Once any region can get some of their Political and traditional principalities buying and selling their struggle for self determination, the fg will understand that it's not business as usual.

I do not really angry with you that the problem is the leader. Most Nigerians home and Abroad are illiterate and they can vote for any idiot this is the main problem. Somebody which can do nothing for them they will still vote for him even in developed countries. When I was in North America and Europe do you know the amount of Nigeria's told me they have to vote for themselves even if it means the person can do nothing for us. We are facing a serious problem of illiteracy. Sometime in 2008 in the mail and Guardian in UK did a documentary 71% of Nigerians in Britain do not know why they vote but they go and vote. Nigerian where ever they are in the world they can only vote for somebody which can do nothing for them..
Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by Naijabad: 4:20pm On Jul 17, 2021
Kl
Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2021
ablejesus26:

Don't get me wrong,I also would sign my approval to fall this evil forest.

Good.
Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by ablejesus26(m): 5:37pm On Jul 17, 2021
TripleOh7:

Good.

But as it stands what I want is not what reality is putting out there as a picture �
Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 17, 2021
ablejesus26:

But as it stands what I want is not what reality is putting out there as a picture �

We create our own reality.

If what is current reality isn't palatable, we change it. That's what life is all about.

We shouldn't be victims of circumstance.
Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by ablejesus26(m): 5:47pm On Jul 17, 2021
TripleOh7:

We create our own reality.

If what is current reality isn't palatable, we change it. That's what life is all about.

We shouldn't be victims of circumstance.

Hmm maybe true, but what if the people do not what to force a change?�
Why do they always in the end hand over power and authority to a govt that stands against breaking this union up�?
Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2021
ablejesus26:

Hmm maybe true, but what if the people do not what to force a change?�
Why do they always in the end hand over power and authority to a govt that stands against breaking this union up�?

Well, I can't answer for other people. Know what you want and go for it. Chances are you'll meet others of like minds going in your direction too.
Re: Nigeria’s UK Envoy Hosts Yoruba, Igbo Leaders In London by ablejesus26(m): 5:57pm On Jul 17, 2021
TripleOh7:

Well, I can't answer for other people. Know what you want and go for it. Chances are you'll meet others of like minds going in your direction too.

Well said �

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

You Can’t Govern Anambra With Primary School Certificate – Soludo / Serious Shooting At Afor Nnobi Junction Now / 2023.Governor Elrufai's Presidential Posters Emerge, Set To Declare His Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.