Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,931 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Checkout 8 Players Who Won The Champions League And Euros In The Same Year - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Checkout 8 Players Who Won The Champions League And Euros In The Same Year (455 Views)

Arsenal Confirm 8 Players That Will Leave This Summer [full List] / 15 Players Who Were Rich Before Football / Nigerian Players Who Have Never Played For The National Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Checkout 8 Players Who Won The Champions League And Euros In The Same Year by UbongJamesAkpan(m): 1:24pm On Jul 17, 2021
Checkout 8 Players Who Won The Champions League And Euros In The Same Year

After a disappointing 2020 due to the pandemic, the year 2021 was a success in the footballing world and many fans were glad to see that normalcy finally returned to the beautiful game. It was another big glory in European competitions as many players set different milestone for their respective club side.
Chelsea were this year's Champions League winners after seeing off another Premier League rivals in a dramatic final that took place in Portugal. The London club won their second Champions League titles thanks to the likes of Kante and Joginho who were just remarkable for the team.
Joginho winning his first Champions League with the blues and also emulate the gesture for his country at the 2020 Euro finals was like a dream he never foresees. Just like Joginho, another Italian man who won both the Champions League and European Championship was Emerson. Emerson never had much playing time for Chelsea but was one of the standout players at the just concluded competition.
It still beat one's imagination that a player who couldn't get himself enough playing time during the Premier League campaign last season with Chelsea still went ahead to achieve more success than many other players.
Joginho and Emerson are not the only players who won two major trophies in the same year. Thus, let's check out 8 players who have won both the Champions League and European Championship in the same year.
1: Christian Karembeu - being one of the most successful players in his generation, Christian won both the Champions League and Euro in 2000 with Real Madrid and Franch national team respectively.
2: Nicolas Aneika - with a short career in football, Nicolas Aneika was a success in the game winning major trophies and played for several top clubs in Europe.
3: Fenando Torres - after a remarkable spell at Liverpool, Torres moved to London to sign for Chelsea only for him to flop for the blues. But his poor form didn't stop him from winning the Champions League and European Championship with Chelsea and the Spanish team in 2012.
4: Juan Mata: before quitting London for Manchester, Mata already won the Champions League and Euro 2012. The Spaniard recently extend his stay in Manchester for another season hoping to achieve something with the Red Devil.
5: Cristiano Ronaldo: year 2016 will be an unforgettable experience for Ronaldo as he won the both trophies and still go ahead to win the best player in the world.
6: PEPE - as a teammate with Ronaldo at both club and national level, Pepe also won the both trophies that same year. A feet he simultaneously deserved.
7: Emerson: lack of enough playing time with Chelsea didn't stop him from achieving some of the best moments in European football. His masterclass with Italy at the Euro 2020 was a sublime.
8: Joginho: His successes with Chelsea and Italy this year was remarkable. The Italian is one of the favourites to win this year's ballon d'or.
Do you think he can win the award? These are the 8 players who have won both the Champions League and Euros in the same year.
(Photos Credit: 90min)
Back to the last page

1 Like

Re: Checkout 8 Players Who Won The Champions League And Euros In The Same Year by Reuben700: 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2021
Emerson situation taught me say success no be by gra gra imagine Thiago Silva wey cry cause he lost cL with Paris only for him to win it at Chelsea without stressing himself much as for Jorginho to win ballon d or e no go work the better give Am to kante

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Checkout 8 Players Who Won The Champions League And Euros In The Same Year by Bigredmachine: 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2021
Very good for them

1 Like

Re: Checkout 8 Players Who Won The Champions League And Euros In The Same Year by Great100000: 1:49pm On Jul 17, 2021
Check It Out

Re: Checkout 8 Players Who Won The Champions League And Euros In The Same Year by hatakekakashi: 2:22pm On Jul 17, 2021
Reuben700:
Emerson situation taught me say success no be by gra gra imagine Thiago Silva wey cry cause he lost cL with Paris only for him to win it at Chelsea without stressing himself much as for Jorginho to win ballon d or e no go work the better give Am to kante
What has both of them done to deserve balon d'or Balon d'or is an individual award

1 Like

Re: Checkout 8 Players Who Won The Champions League And Euros In The Same Year by UbongJamesAkpan(m): 2:39pm On Jul 17, 2021
Reuben700:
na grace

1 Like

Re: Checkout 8 Players Who Won The Champions League And Euros In The Same Year by UbongJamesAkpan(m): 2:40pm On Jul 17, 2021
Bigredmachine:
Very good for them
I swear
Re: Checkout 8 Players Who Won The Champions League And Euros In The Same Year by UbongJamesAkpan(m): 2:41pm On Jul 17, 2021
hatakekakashi:

What has both of them done to deserve balon d'or Balon d'or is an individual award
they did nothing but na grace of God

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout 8 Players Who Won The Champions League And Euros In The Same Year by Ubong2222222222(m): 3:02pm On Jul 17, 2021
na Emerson own surprised me most :Dna Emerson own surprised me most

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout 8 Players Who Won The Champions League And Euros In The Same Year by paulolee(m): 4:51pm On Jul 17, 2021
u forgot to add....none won d balloon d or apart from cr7 because it was his individual brilliance dt led madrid n Portugal to those trophies..
I keep saying dt kante gat d best chance of winning dt award bt his France team spoiled d script..
but I think Leo winning dt copa would still win d ballon d or ahead of kante even if kante won d euros because this year leo have d best individual stats ahead of the rest..
the award appreciates individual brilliance n dts why leo n cr7 won it for decades even without trophies..
Jorginho can make d top3 bt winning it ahead of leo is nearly impossible..
Re: Checkout 8 Players Who Won The Champions League And Euros In The Same Year by paulolee(m): 4:56pm On Jul 17, 2021
Reuben700:
better give what to kante?? both of them can just make d top5 finalist n i dnt see any winning it ahead of leo

(1) (Reply)

Just In: Lukaku Just Landed In London / #MCILEE- Are They No Man City Fans In This Forum? / Cameroun vs Egypt 03-02-2022 8 PM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.