Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

I Don't Know Why Lagos Senators Voted Against Electronic Transfer -APC Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don't Know Why Lagos Senators Voted Against Electronic Transfer -APC Chairman (318 Views)

46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President / List Of Senators That Voted Against Electronic Transmission Of Results / Fear Of Hacking Made APC Senators Vote Against Electronic Transfer Of Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Know Why Lagos Senators Voted Against Electronic Transfer -APC Chairman by nairavsdollars(f): 2:19pm On Jul 17, 2021
Alhaji Tunde Balogun, the Caretaker Chairman, All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos State on Saturday said he cannot speak for the three senators representing Lagos state on why they voted against electronic transmission of results by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)

The electoral act amendment bill especially clause 52 (3) which indicated that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) may transmit results of elections by electronic means where and when practicable at its discretion.

While senators Oluremi Tinubu (Lagos Central) and Olamilekan Adeola (Lagos West ) voted against the bill, Tokunbo Abiru (Lagos East) was absent during plenary.

When contacted by SATURDAY INDEPENDENT and asked if the APC Lagos state chapter agreed with the position of the three senators, Balogun who declined comment said Tinubu, Adeola and Abiru are independent minds who can take decisions on their own.

“I have no comment whatsoever on that. Why don’t you phone the three senators themselves? I can’t speak for them. They have independent minds to make decisions, so talk to them. I don’t want to comment on it,” he said.
https://independent.ng/electronic-transfer-of-results-i-cant-speak-for-lagos-senators-apc-chairman/

Re: I Don't Know Why Lagos Senators Voted Against Electronic Transfer -APC Chairman by Bola146(f): 2:19pm On Jul 17, 2021
grin Our eyes don shine cheesy Continue with this one, God will see us till 2023 sad angry
Re: I Don't Know Why Lagos Senators Voted Against Electronic Transfer -APC Chairman by PHIPEX(m): 2:23pm On Jul 17, 2021
So many Southern Legislators sold us out on both the electoral bill and PIB, very shameful.
Re: I Don't Know Why Lagos Senators Voted Against Electronic Transfer -APC Chairman by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 17, 2021
PHIPEX:
So many Southern Legislators sold us out on both the electoral bill and PIB, very shameful.
Southern senators need to be stoned to death. They are mostly clueless and cowards.

If not for the media, we won't have known about a whole 40% from NNPC revenue that will be wasted in the North in search of oil. At this point wey the country even needs money. Even if there are oil in those basins dem wan search, how viable are they?

Can they produce up to 500,000 BPD?

I would have understand if the 40% would be spend on power supply.
Re: I Don't Know Why Lagos Senators Voted Against Electronic Transfer -APC Chairman by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 17, 2021
Well, I can explain: In one of James Bond's movies, the villainous syndicate concentrated on rigging elections worldwide and their major modus operandi was changing electronic results. #YourEyesGoSeeDouble

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Scandal: Kemi Adeosun Not A Nigerian – Adoke / How many of these promises have u broken? / Senator Adefuye Blasts Obasanjo, Says Buhari Remains Nigeria's Best President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.