Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,098 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Can Steam Deck Dethrone Playstation Vita And Nintendo Switch? - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Can Steam Deck Dethrone Playstation Vita And Nintendo Switch? (3876 Views)

Playstation Vita For Sale (ps Vita) / PS Vita And NINTENDO Switch. Which Is Better / Playstation Vita Or Nintendo 3ds Xl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Steam Deck Dethrone Playstation Vita And Nintendo Switch? by Yeyeboi05(m): 9:49pm On Apr 12, 2022
why is no one talking about the AYA Neo?The Steam Deck joycons placement looks crappy!
Re: Can Steam Deck Dethrone Playstation Vita And Nintendo Switch? by Toneyo(m): 11:58pm On Apr 13, 2022
The Valve Steam Deck and Aya Neo cant even be found on the Nigerian market.

All we have is PS, Xbox and Nintendo switches.
Re: Can Steam Deck Dethrone Playstation Vita And Nintendo Switch? by Angel55555(m): 3:46am On Apr 21, 2022
Yeyeboi05:
why is no one talking about the AYA Neo?The Steam Deck joycons placement looks crappy!
Because it cost a fortune
Re: Can Steam Deck Dethrone Playstation Vita And Nintendo Switch? by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 9:52pm On Feb 08, 2023
Steam deck is a success now y'all. I have been enjoying my time with one and I'll say I vastly prefer it to ps5 or xbox. This thing can play literally every game released since 40yrs ago.

Sh!t is also an emulator beast

2 Likes

Re: Can Steam Deck Dethrone Playstation Vita And Nintendo Switch? by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 9:08pm On May 01, 2023
Yeyeboi05:

Lol this is a big lie. The steam deck is the most comfortable handheld I have ever held. Feels much like a Xbox one controller.
Re: Can Steam Deck Dethrone Playstation Vita And Nintendo Switch? by Buzx: 1:44am On May 08, 2023
N3cR0mAZc3R:

Lol this is a big lie. The steam deck is the most comfortable handheld I have ever held. Feels much like a Xbox one controller.

Hi, do you buy your games from steam? And what's the storage of your deck?
Re: Can Steam Deck Dethrone Playstation Vita And Nintendo Switch? by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2023
Buzx:

Hi, do you buy your games from steam? And what's the storage of your deck?

Sometimes I do buy them on steam store but I also buy them on online websites which happened to have cheaper versions of the games than on steam store front.

I have 512gb ssd as internal storage.
Re: Can Steam Deck Dethrone Playstation Vita And Nintendo Switch? by Buzx: 3:35pm On Jun 10, 2023
N3cR0mAZc3R:

Sometimes I do buy them on steam store but I also buy them on online websites which happened to have cheaper versions of the games than on steam store front.

I have 512gb ssd as internal storage.

Thanks. Mine arrived recently and I've just figured everything out, including upgrading the ssd. When I mentioned, you I was contemplating on what storage version to get.

1 Like

Re: Can Steam Deck Dethrone Playstation Vita And Nintendo Switch? by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 4:54am On Aug 11, 2023
Buzx:

Thanks. Mine arrived recently and I've just figured everything out, including upgrading the ssd. When I mentioned, you I was contemplating on what storage version to get.

The 64gb version is the best version to go with, just ugrade the storage and then you're golden.
Re: Can Steam Deck Dethrone Playstation Vita And Nintendo Switch? by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 4:57am On Aug 11, 2023
N3cR0mAZc3R:

The 64gb version is the best version to go with, just ugrade the storage and then you're golden.

Re: Can Steam Deck Dethrone Playstation Vita And Nintendo Switch? by Tover: 1:01am On Jan 04
N3cR0mAZc3R:
Steam deck is a success now y'all. I have been enjoying my time with one and I'll say I vastly prefer it to ps5 or xbox. This thing can play literally every game released since 40yrs ago.

Sh!t is also an emulator beast

Boss pls I am planing to get one soon , can it play all PC games

I mean can I install PC Games on it tru flash or external hard drive
Re: Can Steam Deck Dethrone Playstation Vita And Nintendo Switch? by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 5:19am On Jan 04
Tover:

Boss pls I am planing to get one soon , can it play all PC games

I mean can I install PC Games on it tru flash or external hard drive

Baba wassup. Happy new year first of all.

Yes it can play majority of pc games but games like multiplayer ones may or may never work due to anti-cheats since the steam deck runs Linux by default unless you install windows 11 on it.

In your case I’ll recommend the asus rog ally or Lenovo legion go. Both handheld runs windows 11 by default so they tends to have more compatibility with anti cheats games.

I prefer the steam deck though due to the seemlessness of it’s console-like user interface.
Re: Can Steam Deck Dethrone Playstation Vita And Nintendo Switch? by DarkAlpha: 10:26pm On Jan 04
N3cR0mAZc3R:

Yes it can play majority of pc games but games like multiplayer ones may or may never work due to anti-cheats since the steam deck runs Linux by default unless you install windows 11 on it.

In your case I’ll recommend the asus rog ally or Lenovo legion go. Both handheld runs windows 11 by default so they tends to have more compatibility with anti cheats games.

I prefer the steam deck though due to the seemlessness of it’s console-like user interface.

He can boot windows 10 or 11 on it and run it as a pc. There’s a lot of in-depth tutorials on the process on YouTube
Re: Can Steam Deck Dethrone Playstation Vita And Nintendo Switch? by Tover: 12:21am On Jan 05
N3cR0mAZc3R:

Same to U boss ..may this new year favour us🙏
If you could advise me on what to get which one will U advise me to buy, Steam deck, Asus aog ally or Lenovo I want something that can all almost 99 percentage of pc games 😁 and that I can also use as mini PC at times
Re: Can Steam Deck Dethrone Playstation Vita And Nintendo Switch? by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 12:38am On Jan 06
Tover:

Same to U boss ..may this new year favour us🙏
If you could advise me on what to get which one will U advise me to buy, Steam deck, Asus aog ally or Lenovo I want something that can all almost 99 percentage of pc games 😁 and that I can also use as mini PC at times

In your case I’ll recommend the legion go or ASU’s rog ally.

The rog ally pros are that it has a more polished windows software than the legion go, vrr and good screen though its downside is that it kills sd cards due to thermal issues.

The legion go software is not as matured but it has other things that the ally lacks like trackpad, detachable controllers, a slightly better and bigger screen/resolution.

Among those two’s, rog ally will be my recommendation.
Re: Can Steam Deck Dethrone Playstation Vita And Nintendo Switch? by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 12:40am On Jan 06
DarkAlpha:

He can boot windows 10 or 11 on it and run it as a pc. There’s a lot of in-depth tutorials on the process on YouTube

True but the driver supports is still lacking. Windows on steam deck is not as good as windows on ally.
Re: Can Steam Deck Dethrone Playstation Vita And Nintendo Switch? by Tover: 6:10pm On Jan 06
N3cR0mAZc3R:

In your case I’ll recommend the legion go or ASU’s rog ally.

The rog ally pros are that it has a more polished windows software than the legion go, vrr and good screen though its downside is that it kills sd cards due to thermal issues.

The legion go software is not as matured but it has other things that the ally lacks like trackpad, detachable controllers, a slightly better and bigger screen/resolution.

Among those two’s, rog ally will be my recommendation.

Thanks boss
Re: Can Steam Deck Dethrone Playstation Vita And Nintendo Switch? by youngreva(m): 7:34pm On Jan 19
N3cR0mAZc3R:

Senior! I just got a steam deck , abeg I need ur contact make u put me through on getting Spider-Man 2 and other AAA titles abeg
Re: Can Steam Deck Dethrone Playstation Vita And Nintendo Switch? by Tover: 10:52am On Mar 27
youngreva:

Senior! I just got a steam deck , abeg I need ur contact make u put me through on getting Spider-Man 2 and other AAA titles abeg

Good day bro ...were did U get your Steam deck and hw much did U get it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PC or Console For Game? / Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Torrent Download Full Game Free / Free Pc Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.