Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,866 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu (11028 Views)

Benue Pensioners Protest Against Arrears, 'We Have Lost Our Wives To Okada Men' / Abia: No Soldier Killed In Ohafia, Troops Not On Revenge Mission ― Army / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by Metrix147: 9:37pm On Jul 17, 2021
Abia State Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu has banned the sale of revenue tickets to commercial motorcycle operators, popularly known as okada, and tricycle operators called Keke riders.

This is according to a resolution reached after a meeting between Abia State Internal Revenue Service (AIRS) and major stakeholders in the transport sector, including commercial tricycle (Keke) and Motorcycle (Okada) operators, a statement made available to ABN TV by the Commissioner for Information, Chief John Okiyi Kalu says.

He said the governor has directed that the sale of e-tickets on public holidays should cease, effective from Monday, 19th July, 2021.

He also announced the reduction of proposed new daily e-ticket rate for commercial tricycle and motorcycle operators from N240 to N200 daily.
https://abntv.com.ng/2021/07/no-more-sale-of-revenue-ticket-to-okada-keke-riders-on-holidays-in-abia-ikpeazu/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by Penguin2: 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2021
Ugwuanyi should do the same.

Those touts will be harassing riders on holidays.

7 Likes

Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:07pm On Jul 17, 2021
Really
Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by slivertongue: 12:31am On Jul 18, 2021
hunger go kill touts and their political godfathers

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:19am On Jul 18, 2021
Anything to move Nigeria forward all around is what we are after.

God bless Abia State.

God bless Nigeria.

We Rise!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:19am On Jul 18, 2021
slivertongue:
hunger go killer touts and their political godfathers
Oops!
That was harsh Sliver!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by Mumusaphire: 4:21am On Jul 18, 2021
Good
Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:21am On Jul 18, 2021
Asiwaju left the chat grin

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by cRobo: 4:23am On Jul 18, 2021
I won't say a word
Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by Yakhi84: 4:24am On Jul 18, 2021
Wow, what a way to ameliorate the suffering of the poor masses during the holidays, as if piblic holidays na peak period for transportation hustle.

What a visionless governor!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by ohosi4real(m): 4:25am On Jul 18, 2021
Nice one from the governor. Most of the ticket sold share the money among themselves

4 Likes

Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by LegendHero(m): 4:34am On Jul 18, 2021
He also announced the reduction of proposed new daily e-ticket rate for commercial tricycle and motorcycle operators from N240 to N200 daily.

What’s the meaning of this?

So the governor banned sales of tickets only on holidays but the sales can go on during normal days?

Except maybe the writer of this news is drunk on Otapiapia.

2 Likes

Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by EagleNest(m): 4:35am On Jul 18, 2021
This is a very good idea that will go a long way to help the hardworking Okada and Keke riders. This should also be extended to market women as well.

4 Likes

Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by FalseProphet1(m): 4:36am On Jul 18, 2021
Sales of tickets to okada and Keke riders will continue despite the ban, in fact the prices will be increased by the union and any okada or Keke operator who doesn't comply will have his means of income destroyed or sized and the government will do nothing.

This I have seen.

1 Like

Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by pek(m): 4:45am On Jul 18, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Sales of tickets to okada and Keke riders will continue despite the ban, in fact the prices will be increased by the union and any okada or Keke operator who doesn't comply will have is his means of income destroyed or sized and the government will do nothing.

This I have seen.
Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by fredylee: 4:50am On Jul 18, 2021
Thank you and well-done Your Excellency, but why is a commissioner not making this announcement on keke and okada? undecided

1 Like

Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by WonderManly(m): 5:01am On Jul 18, 2021
Wow!..

1 Like

Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by mrPero(m): 5:34am On Jul 18, 2021
Nice..... In Akwa Ibom, No tickets on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.... #udomisright

2 Likes

Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 18, 2021
mrPero:
Nice..... In Akwa Ibom, No tickets on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.... #udomisright

Is Abia Governor seeing this comment ?

What are the agberoos doing on the roads and highways on Saturdays ?

Does govt conduct business on saturday ?
Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by Godyke(m): 6:07am On Jul 18, 2021
Very good. This is one of the resolutions that should have been met during the last southern governors meeting held in Lagos. Because Lagos is the number one culprit when it comes to this issue. The state should have been used as a test pilot for things like this because of its notoriety when it comes to issues like this

1 Like

Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by Naijanascam: 6:32am On Jul 18, 2021
Good one.... with his kindness let him extend it to every Mondays grin grin... God will bless him more

Other eastern governors should join to make the life of these people meaningful please

1 Like

Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by Jacuzzi55(f): 6:45am On Jul 18, 2021
I need to get my VISA because it is too obvious that average Nigerians like to take advantage of the other if they are in the position to do so
Just imagine 240?
I remember few weeks ago when i was on a commercial okada ride
The ride was intercepted by one of them,he demanded that the guy should pay hundred naira meanwhile my ride fee was actually 100
The rider insisted that he will not pay so i had to intervene of course i promised to pay him extra
This organization that extort riders has no benefit whatsoever to them

2 Likes

Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by doctore212(m): 6:49am On Jul 18, 2021
Pls my fellow nairalanders.

I mistakenly carry two olosho last night for TDB.
And now yawa don has.

1. My condom tear and is like those babe no dey clean.

2. My babe wey dey night duty came back around 11 stating that she wasn't feeling fine.
She caught me in the act .

Am confused now because Ishe has invested too much in me .

And pls where can I get PEP

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 18, 2021
mrPero:
That's what I expected the fraud to do also but he chose only holidays because it was too hard for him even after stealing their destinies.
Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by ighenry1995: 7:20am On Jul 18, 2021
Metrix147:
https://abntv.com.ng/2021/07/no-more-sale-of-revenue-ticket-to-okada-keke-riders-on-holidays-in-abia-ikpeazu/
Mtchew something he would have since........
Well who knows what next on his mind.
Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by sukar886: 7:36am On Jul 18, 2021
Wahala for touts
Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by kechywillz(m): 7:37am On Jul 18, 2021
You should focus on rehabilitating all the roads in Aba,have u seen faulks roads of lately,very dirty with devastated roads

1 Like

Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by FKMagazine(m): 7:47am On Jul 18, 2021
First from a true democratic governor
Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by Chimeluv(f): 8:10am On Jul 18, 2021
I hope they stick to it and other South east governors should also copy what he did.
Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by jmoore(m): 8:31am On Jul 18, 2021
Rubbish!!

The ticket was previously sold at 150 naira.

It was recently increased to 240. Government setting for 200 naira shows how insensitive they are. The riders are even saying the 150 is much.
Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by Ckonnet: 9:18am On Jul 18, 2021
The ticket should be reduced to 20 naira, u people are only good in milking your citizens.
Re: Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu by Bluesea1and2: 9:56am On Jul 18, 2021
It will reduce extortion too

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Emerged Second Best In 2013 World Research Competition / Don’t Lose Hope, Democracy Is A Battle, Not A Banquet — Tinubu / Is Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari Dead Or Alive? IB Times UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.