Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Confirmed: Chelsea Hands Armando Broja A New 5 Year Contract - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Confirmed: Chelsea Hands Armando Broja A New 5 Year Contract (384 Views)

Chelsea Hands Willian Hazard’s No 10 Jersey / 'we Can't Explain What's Happened' - Arsenal's Fate In Chelsea's Hands- Ozil / Confirmed:- CHELSEA Agree Fee From Atletico Madrid To Sell Costa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Confirmed: Chelsea Hands Armando Broja A New 5 Year Contract by ochuski(m): 4:46pm On Jul 18, 2021
Chelsea striker Armando Broja has signed a new five-year contract with the club, which will keep him in London until 2026. Broja played last season on loan with Vitesse Arnhem in the Netherlands. A deal had earlier been rumored to have been reached, and the club has now confirmed the announcement.

Last season, the 19-year-old scored 11 goals in 34 appearances across all competitions, including a goal in Chelsea's 6-1 pre-season thumping of Peterborough. The Albanian has followed in the footsteps of academy graduate Mason Mount, who, after rising through the levels in west London, played a season in the Eredevisie.

Broja has already made his Premier League debut for Chelsea, though it was just for a few minutes. During a 4-0 win against Everton in March 2020, Frank Lampard gave the teenager four minutes. As the club looks for a goalscorer, the striker will try to push his way into Thomas Tuchel's first-team plans this season.

Broja could force his way into the first-team squad after impressing in pre-season following the loss of Olivier Giroud to AC Milan and the uncertainty surrounding Tammy Abraham's future. The forward showed his ability throughout his time at Cobham, and the club was eager to sign him after his recent success in the Netherlands.

Broja remarked after signing his new contract: "I'm genuinely looking forward to starting a new contract with Chelsea. It was a memorable occasion for me to make my first-team debut last year after coming through the Academy here, before earning more experience on loan at Vitesse last season. I want to build on these foundations, and I'm excited to continue to improve and make an influence at Chelsea in the coming years."

LIKE & SHARE

SOURCE
Confirmed: Chelsea Hands Armando Broja A New 5 Year Contract

RELATED NEWS
Transfer News: Chelsea Considering Lewandowski After Failing To Secure Erling Haaland

Romelu Lukaku's Camp Gives Inter Milan Assurances Amidst Transfer Reports With Chelsea And Man City

Chelsea Transfer News: Olivier Giroud Set To Complete Move To AC Milan For £855,000 Initial Fee

MORE
EURO 2020: UEFA Sanctions Hungary Over Discriminatory Behavior From Their Fans

Re: Confirmed: Chelsea Hands Armando Broja A New 5 Year Contract by tillaman(m): 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2021
shocked

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Indians Celebrate Their First Medal At Tokyo Olympic / Raphaël Varane Saying Good Bye Real Madrid Players For One Last Time � / Messi: What PSG President Said After Signing Ex-barcelona Star

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.