Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Career Switch Dilemma - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Switch Dilemma (8221 Views)

Career Switch: I Need Your Advice / Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please / My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Career Switch Dilemma by BigDawsNet: 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2021
Moneywirer:
OK guys I'd keep it really short and precise.
My brother studied computer engineering. Truth be told he never really liked the course. He only studied the course because he thought he'd love it along the way and also he enjoys fiddling with tech stuff but that was never his passion. He recently finished his NYSC and is considering a masters in Business Management. I'm against it but he says it's what he wants to do and we all at home know he has always been inclined to business and has been passionate about it even as a kid.
Now my question is, is such switch really possible in any university??

Let him go for MSc Data Analytical

Combination of Tech + Buisness

He will be so successful

1 Like

Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Skillsnigeria: 6:22pm On Jul 18, 2021
grin
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Cnach: 6:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kobicove:
Going to do Masters in Business Administration does not necessarily mean a switch in career from what he studied in his first degree...
U get brain..keep it up
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Unibener: 6:48pm On Jul 18, 2021
superCleanworks:

You. Wetin u dey find for career section?
Oya... Back to wechat

Damn Nigarrr na Uniben Graduate o.
Nice Result.
He is the first student to hold the HOD position.
Make I no too talk sha

1 Like

Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Fortez: 6:50pm On Jul 18, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by BTGbenga: 7:08pm On Jul 18, 2021
He dose not need any switch to go into business. Let him progress in academics by doing MBA and professional courses like Nigerian Institute of Management(Chartered).

Moneywirer:
My brother studied computer engineering. Truth be told he never really liked the course. He only studied the course because he thought he'd love it along the way and also he enjoys fiddling with tech stuff but that was never his passion. He recently finished his NYSC and is considering a masters in Business Management. I'm against it but he says it's what he wants to do and we all at home know he has always been inclined to business and has been passionate about it even as a kid.
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by okonyia(m): 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
I think you should allow him go for his passion. Even though his first degree is a very added advantage but if you fail to allow him go for what he like to study, it might really affect him in future. Passion is on of the things that will teach you what you are created to do, and by doing that you will be fulfilled

1 Like

Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Holaomoakin(m): 8:37pm On Jul 18, 2021
Never a wise choice! Should pick a related field.
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 18, 2021
Passion is expensive. He should make money with his Computer Engineering degree first, and later pursue his passion.

Nb: A piece of advice from someone that learnt his lessons late!
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by ChemicalReaction(f): 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
OP, please, go back to that thread that featured Nigerian female MDs.
You'll notice that none, I mean NONE of them had a first degree in finance, banking or accountancy.

Business Management is not out of track. Allow your brother follow his first love.

1 Like

Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 18, 2021
What the Americans mostly after the first degree in engineering their second degree is usually in business management. That's where management comes in, you and I know in every company they are the ones in control in every company.

1 Like

Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Amhappy(f): 10:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
The incoming MD of Nigerian LNG is a Medical Doctor.

One of the Female Banks MDs featured in another thread studied Pharmacy ,another one studied Chemistry. Please support your Bro

1 Like

Re: Career Switch Dilemma by oloko1859(m): 11:55pm On Jul 18, 2021
Moneywirer:

I'll suggest Msc Engineering Mgt, it's management inclined
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Rajosh(m): 1:28am On Jul 19, 2021
Moneywirer:
a thread was opened earlier about top female bank MDs. Like 3 or 4 read course from other facilities.
One read chemistry, another pharmacy etc.they did masters in management courses.
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by ModelLook(m): 1:53am On Jul 19, 2021
Anything Business is a professional course and not a career switch. Everyone is virtually engaging in business.

A young graduate that starts work today is working in a Business Enterprise and getting paid salary.

All Companies are Business Enterprises. Hospitals, Banks name it, they are all Business Enterprises.

So Business today is something everyone is learning in one way or the other so let him do want he wants cos Las Las, even you, will one-day find yourself running one business or working in one.

Oya clap for me grin
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by mrtg468: 2:38am On Jul 19, 2021
I sympathize
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Alitair(m): 6:34am On Jul 19, 2021
Damidave1124:
Since he enjoys fiddling with tech stuff, I'd advice him to go for programming.
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 19, 2021
Angelawhite:

We know it’s not your brother. It’s you

A graduate should be allowed to make his choice. I studied electrical engineering and I don’t see myself going back to finish my masters. I’d rather go for a business school

Does it mean that you started the Masters but you couldn't finish it?
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Angelawhite(m): 11:06am On Jul 19, 2021
truthsayer009:

Does it mean that you started the Masters but you couldn't finish it?
I started it, got a job and abandoned it without looking back
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 19, 2021
Moneywirer:

Why exactly is anyone in the World doing a Masters in Business management who has no prior management work experience? What do you hope to learn from it, do you think by studying this course, business owners will allow you manage their businesses without adequate experience in the business field.

This MSc course makes completely no sense to me.
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 19, 2021
Angelawhite:

I started it, got a job and abandoned it without looking back

Great, just to ask. I assume this wasn't an MSc in Nigeria, correct?
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Angelawhite(m): 11:23am On Jul 19, 2021
truthsayer009:

Great, just to ask. I assume this wasn't an MSc in Nigeria, correct?

It is actually

1 Like

Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Mrvictorwrite(m): 7:14pm On Apr 17, 2023
It's all good

(1) (2) (Reply)

After Apprenticeship, What Next? / Quality Assurance/ Control Analyst Let Meet Here / How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.