Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,113 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

My Tears Will Judge Election Riggers, Says Bishop Erifeta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Tears Will Judge Election Riggers, Says Bishop Erifeta (841 Views)

Rivers Rerun;"Be Ready To Swap Dead Bodies"-Wike Tells "Prospective Riggers.PICS / Okorocha: God Will Judge Politicians,pastors And Court Judges First / APC Sycophants Have No Idea Who Buhari Is, Says Bishop Isong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Tears Will Judge Election Riggers, Says Bishop Erifeta by eliteweb(m): 1:56pm On May 12, 2011
By http://spynewsng.com/?p=110

The Bishop of the Anglican Diocese of Sapele, Rt Revd Blessing Avbenayeri Erifeta has expressed grave disappointment with the conduct of the 2011 general elections, particularly the April 26 Gubernatorial and House of Assembly elections disclosing that he wept bitterly before the altar of God in the Cathedral Church in Sapele at the massive rigging that took place before his very eyes.

He made this disclosure in a sermon during the synod Sunday service of the second session of fifth Synod of the Anglican Diocese of Ughelli on Sunday May 1, 2011 at St Marks Anglican church, Orogun, Ughelli North Local Government Area Of Delta State.

The bishop stated that what he saw in Sapele was a daylight robbery of the peoples’ mandate.

“I put a call through to top INEC Officials, no help came. I called the army commander, there was no reaction. I appealed to the police authority, no help came. It was a helpless and hopeless situation. I saw mass thumb printing of ballot papers taking place, there was no help in sight. In frustration, I went to the cathedral church in Sapele, knelt at the chancel and wept before the altar of God”, he said, adding that his tears will not go in vain.

“All those who conspired to rob the people of their popular mandate will answer before man and God. My tears will not go in vain. Those who rigged the April 26, 2011 Gubernatorial and house of assembly elections will not escape God punishment”, the bishop declared.

Bishop Erifeta who decried the vanity of man’s material possessions, urged Christians who think they cannot do without rigging to quit politics instead of bringing shame to the name of God, thereby incurring God’s wrath.

“I am saddened at the conduct of many so- called Christians during the elections. INEC in Delta State had a poor outing. It was a thing of shame to see supposed Christians colluding with INEC officials and the police to win elections at all cost “, he added.

The Bishop who preached on the synod theme: Do the work of the Lord now that it is day before the night comes”, with text from John 9:4, charged the people of God to put God first in all they do so that His name can be honoured in their lives.

Bishop Erifeta, whose sermon held the congregation with electrifying suspense, asked Christians to be committed to the gospel of Christ, works of righteousness and labour of love so as to promote the name of Christ among the heathens.

The synod was presided over by the new bishop of Ughelli Diocese, the Rt Revd Cyril Odiboroghene Odutemu JP, with dignitaries from all walks of life in attendance including the Ohworode of Olomu kingdom, H.R.M Ogbon Ogoni Oghoro I; whom the bishop proclaimed a Royal Canon due to his commitment to God’s works; the Ovie of Ewu among others.
Re: My Tears Will Judge Election Riggers, Says Bishop Erifeta by Abagworo(m): 2:10pm On May 12, 2011
PDP has no fear for mass action.Their infiltration of the Northern protest and murder of Youth corpers was used to weaken the opposition.Deltans should hope in God for a change because Delta is oil rich and the eyes of the "owners of Nigeria" is in their oil.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Ibrahim Shekarau Spent N4bn On Hotel Bills / Ekt-bear, Tambuwal do dabaru your wish! I dey laff o / GEJ Campaign Asked The Economist Magazine For "contribution"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.