Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

How Much?! (A Simple Illustration Of How Chickens Are Sold In Nigeria - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Much?! (A Simple Illustration Of How Chickens Are Sold In Nigeria (213 Views)

10 Reasons Your Chickens Are Not Laying Eggs And How To Fix It. / 10 Reasons Your Chickens Are Not Laying Eggs And How To Fix It. / Some Popular Species Of Chickens We Eat In Nigeria [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Much?! (A Simple Illustration Of How Chickens Are Sold In Nigeria by judeankeli(m): 10:46am On Jul 19, 2021
How much?!

Welcome to my first post(official). I would show you how to rear birds successfully as we go forward. Today's post is going to be a long one, so I urge you to stop whatever you are doing and focus on this post. I assure you that you would learn something new by the end of the post. Hit the like button,share with your friends and even follow me personally.
----------------
Andrew(buyer) : How much is your chicken?.

Dare(seller) : Oga this chicken na N3500 o(using naira and pidgin).

Andrew : Ah N3500!!! Its too cost na.

Dare : Yes oh! My brother you no go understand. Everything for market don cost o,their food don cost,even the chickens sef don cost.

Andrew : Oga I know.....but this chicken too small na, I no fit buy am N3500 o. (Now inquisitive) How much you go give me last?

Dare : Boss na N3000 I go give you last.

Andrew : N3000?! Hmm I no get three thousand naira o.

Dare : (now scared but angry) OK Oga.
You go buy the chicken abi you no go buy?.

Andrew : Abeg this your chicken make I give you two thousand naira(keeping a remorse face to gain Dare's chicken).

Dare : Ah. Oga that one na half of the price na(now disappointed).

Andrew : Tor na wetin me I get o.
-------------------------
And because you are so desperate you will now say
Dare : Oya bring the money.

And you sold the chicken for almost half the original price you put.!
Very very bad. This is a common situation most sellers face(I also experienced it)
Ok so the end goal is to sell the chickens,but before you sell the chickens there are things you must/should have done while rearing the chickens.

Just like you can't build the roof of a house without first building the foundation and then the main building.
So you need to build the foundation first,then the main building before finally adding the roof.
--------------
Selling the chickens is the final step,and if you can't get it right from step one or day one,you wont be able to sell the chickens well.So whatever you do from day one through till the day you want to sell the chickens would affect the sales. If your chickens are sick looking and small,you cannot expect me to buy it N3500 na. For what?.
Its just like you want me to buy a shoe of N700 for N5000,you can't sell it to me for that amount.

To prevent that kind of situation from happening,you have to follow from day one step by step,and make sure you do everything that needs to be done.
I would start from the beginning, I only wanted to show you what usually happens at the end. In the next post I would start showing you from the beginning, issues encountered during the process of broiler farming.

P.S: You can connect with me on WhatsApp,Imo app,Telegram @ +2347012914335

OK from the above statement(conversation with Andrew and Dare), there are two things we need to understand.

1. Process.
2. Results.

If you don't go through the process, you wont get results.
And if you go through the process anyhow, you would get anyhow results.

The results is what people want to buy; the fully grown chicken.
Yes they want to buy a fully grown chicken, but they don't care the process you went through. They really don't care.

So now if they don't care, it simply means you have to deliver your best so they don't complain about the price. You have to really go through the process(growing the chicks to become matured chickens) carefully and gradually to avoid having issues with the result(fully grown chicken).

No buyer really cares about how much you bought the chicken,how much the feed is and blah..blah...blah.....Once your chickens at not big,heavy and nice looking they would not buy PERIOD.

Share the love if you learn something

Thanks for reading.

Connect with me on WhatsApp,Imo app,Telegram @ +2347012914335

(1) (Reply)

Maize Grains For Sale!!! / The Rules To Catfish Business / Commercial Peanut Oil Press Machine | Large Peanut Oil Processing Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.