Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

How I Narrowly Escaped Vehicle Impoundment in Lagos - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Narrowly Escaped Vehicle Impoundment in Lagos (24373 Views)

Rezvani Tank Is An Extreme Utility Vehicle Which Features Muscular Body Design / Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection / 3 Essential Fluids Your Vehicle Cannot Go Without (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Vehicle Impoundment in Lagos by beardedboy(m): 2:02pm On Jul 20, 2021
9jaRealist:

Exactly how does driving against one-way traffic not put people’s lives at risk?
Or do you want the government to wait until someone is killed before enforcing laws?!

>

Firstly, you deliberately ignored the fact that they didn't place a conspicuous road sign. At least the government should help law-abiding citizens to abide by the law. It's criminal and inhumane to deliberately hide road signs or make them inconspicuous just to extort road users.

Secondly, the road was a street and the highest you could travel is 30km/hr. In addition, the road wasn't good so there's no way anyone's life was at risk.

As much as I like Lagos and Gov. Sanwo, the fact still has to be said when due. This was a barbaric act.
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Vehicle Impoundment in Lagos by beardedboy(m): 2:05pm On Jul 20, 2021
9jaRealist:

Of course, cars can always breakdown…
But when that happens they should be towed OFF the road.

You are putting other road users lives at risk…
And bet each of you know you could not get away with that in any remotely civilized country.
>

TBH, your arguments are nauseating, to say the least. You seem to think this thread is anti Lagos/APC. But no, it isn't. So, stop forcing what isn't. Please.
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Vehicle Impoundment in Lagos by 9jaRealist: 2:09pm On Jul 20, 2021
beardedboy:
TBH, your arguments are nauseating, to say the least. You seem to think this thread is anti Lagos/APC. But no, it isn't. So, stop forcing what isn't. Please.

Dude, I don’t give a rat’s arse about your LOCAL (and largely primordial) partisan politics…
I am pro-human lives and anti-dangerous driving, and it’s “nauseating” you think people shouldn’t obey traffic laws. SMDH

>
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Vehicle Impoundment in Lagos by SolarEdge: 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2021
9jaRealist:

Nigerians and “my own is different” mentality…
You broke the law and you’re forming indignation.

If you were abroad would you drive against one-way traffic?
But you folks turn Nigeria into a country of ANYHOWNESS and then wail about “jungle”!

If Nigeria can be termed a “jungle”…
It’s only because Nigerians act like ANIMALS! SMDH!!

>
Do you have sense at all? A double lane that is been plied consistently, and suddenly a law came that from 3pm it's now one way. You are here talking trash. Go to develop countries and see how laws are been implemented.

1 Like

Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Vehicle Impoundment in Lagos by beardedboy(m): 2:24pm On Jul 20, 2021
9jaRealist:

Dude, I don’t give a rat’s arse about your LOCAL (and largely primordial) partisan politics…
I am pro-human lives and anti-dangerous driving, and it’s “nauseating” you think people shouldn’t obey traffic laws. SMDH

>
Did you read the part that said no (conspicuous) road sign?

The developed countries you're shouting don't set crime baits for their citizens. That act is a crime in itself!

Also, developed countries don't try to kill their citizens for a traffic offence. They don't hire hooligans and hoodlums to do tasks that require professionalism.
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Vehicle Impoundment in Lagos by colestephan86: 2:37pm On Jul 20, 2021
9jaRealist:

But when that happens, they should be towed OFF the road.

And bet each of you know you could not get away with that in any civilized country.
>
As if we have not been to civilised countries before, will they tow you off and ask you to pay a crazy fine?
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Vehicle Impoundment in Lagos by colestephan86: 2:38pm On Jul 20, 2021
9jaRealist:

But when that happens, they should be towed OFF the road.

And bet each of you know you could not get away with that in any civilized country.
>
As if we have not been to civilised countries before, will they tow you off and ask you to pay a crazy fine?
And please tell me the country where you will be towed off and pay
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Vehicle Impoundment in Lagos by icenti: 8:23pm On Jul 20, 2021
peeta4u:
we can always correct this on d map to help other road uses.

How
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Vehicle Impoundment in Lagos by 9jaRealist: 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2021
colestephan86:

And please tell me the country where you will be towed off and pay

What are blathering on about…
You either going to PAY AA or AAA (or other private towing company) or the county if it goes your vehicle. SMH
>
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Vehicle Impoundment in Lagos by peeta4u(m): 7:33am On Jul 21, 2021
icenti:

How
Go to help and feedback from d right top corner. U will den see add or fix a road.

Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Vehicle Impoundment in Lagos by drmikeadams(m): 10:05am On Jul 21, 2021
SolarEdge:

Do you have sense at all? A double lane that is been plied consistently, and suddenly a law came that from 3pm it's now one way. You are here talking trash. Go to develop countries and see how laws are been implemented.

Where be this bro?
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Vehicle Impoundment in Lagos by SolarEdge: 10:31am On Jul 21, 2021
drmikeadams:

Where be this bro?
From Akowonjo round going through dopemu bridge.

1 Like

Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Vehicle Impoundment in Lagos by Jamal64: 11:30am On Jul 21, 2021
Google map no sabi one way
ethicalUser:
if you driving in a road you are not too familiar with, Please make use of your google map. These one way road have been mapped out on google so you can hardly fall victim when using your map.
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Vehicle Impoundment in Lagos by ariesbull: 6:03pm On Jul 21, 2021
[b][/b] dude is funny leave him

From Akowonjo to Dopemu the bridge above Abeokuta express way is one way from 3 pm .......doesmt make sense
SolarEdge:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ghastly Accident Claims 3 Lives Along Akure-Owo Road (Photo) / Which Part Of A Car Do You Admire The Most? / Top 12 Pennywise-pound-foolish Car Practices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.