Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft (19511 Views)

Please How Can I Disable Windows Update Permanently On Windows 10 / How To Disable Windows Update Permanently On Your Microsoft Windows 10/8 / How To Turn Off/disable Windows Update In Windows 10 Operating System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by Triangles1(m): 2:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
Hmmm

The only thing that can't be hacked is non living things even human being can be hacked.
Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by LightUpWithKemi: 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2021
If you are encountering challenge to disable the printer spooler service, reach out unto me for guide (100% free of charge).

In other news, I need massive support of esteemed Nairalanders to grow my channel. Kindly subscribe and watch interesting clips (link in my signature). Thank you.

Barka de Salla in advance to all Moslem faithfuls.
Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by Goldbw122(m): 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2021
Noted
Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by manhaley5: 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2021
Attack be attacked. The game of life.
Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by captainamiedi1: 2:41pm On Jul 19, 2021
why not push the update to all windows?. make una nor stress person abeg
Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by smartNerd: 2:45pm On Jul 19, 2021
“The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity.
The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty."
— Winston Churchill

1 Like

Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by slimjohn2k5: 3:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
But windows machines rely on print spooler to print so this vulnerability is for servers that does not rely on the print spooler service

1 Like

Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by UDUJ(m): 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2021

1 Like

Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by UDUJ(m): 3:46pm On Jul 19, 2021
Yankee101:
Windows don become porous pass prostitute

cheesy
Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 19, 2021
Crappy software, dem Microsoft killed off viable apps.

Too bad Ubuntu is beginning to look like windows.

1 Like

Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by masterfactor(m): 4:00pm On Jul 19, 2021
For we that uses Linux's, this information is not for us.
Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by smartNerd: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
"Nothing in the world can take the place of
Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more
common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a
proverb. Education will not; the world is full of
educated derelicts. The slogan 'Press On' has
solved and always will solve the problems of the
human race." —Calvin Coolidge
Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by lakefist(m): 4:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by kode12: 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:
Microsoft and wahala, so how people go dey print now?
Na dis one be use your own money buy wahala come carry the wahala come home
Disable it on your DCs and servers that do not require print functions. If you're on a single PC not connected to a domain controller just update your PC or apply the patch from earlier in the month. There's not much you can do after that. You don't have much risk.

1 Like

Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by Tetrahedron: 4:37pm On Jul 19, 2021
Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by Mangekyo: 4:40pm On Jul 19, 2021
How do I disable it?
Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by Mangekyo: 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2021
Seen but I think I'll leave it to run cool

Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by SonyaSpence: 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2021
Mangekyo:
How do I disable it?

-------- Press Windows + R in desktop

--- The run box will be opened at the bottom.
left corner.
--- Type in "services.msc" (without quotes)
--- Press Enter
--- That should open the Services window.

------- In the services window opened, scroll down to "Print Spooler".
--- Double click on "Print Spooler",
--- A pop up screen would be opened, click the STOP button if the service is active.
---- Then goto the " Startup type" field and select "Disabled" from the drop down menu.

NOTE: You won't be able to print or connect with printers while this service is Disabled.

1 Like

Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2021
Nice - although patch has been released and a microcode before that.

Just a suggestion when you are delivering information like this - please do an impact analysis especially on Print Servers and Businesses who utilize Spool-to-Printer rather than printing directly.

Thanks
Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by OlujobaSamuel: 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
kode12:

Disable it on your DCs and servers that do not require print functions. If you're on a single PC not connected to a domain controller just update your PC or apply the patch from earlier in the month. There's not much you can do after that. You don't have much risk.
Thanks
Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by abumeinben(m): 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2021
flexyrule:
How to disable the "Print SPooler Service"

Press the Windows key + R.
Type "services.msc" and press "enter".
Scroll down to Print Spooler on the pop up menu.
Double click or right click on it.
Select "Stop"

Please note:

This service spools print jobs and handles interaction with your printer. If you turn off this service, you won't be to print or see your printers.

I tire o... Microsoft is just becoming a joke. That's how they roled out feature update and it gets stuck @ 61% installing all because on one Conexant driver. Took private researchers to figure that out
Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by Gfskw: 6:16pm On Jul 19, 2021
Oh
Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by dangoteinlaw: 6:52pm On Jul 19, 2021
Yahooboys have really upgraded, imagine me Reciever a 6figure alert and they started bombing me with spam messages. I Recieved another alert a lady called me telling me the university I applied for at uk is successful. These boys are already seeing and monitoring my account, all they need is my info and I'm toast.
On Facebook someone can't come online, even the yahoos in our family have turned us to the maga, using emotional blackmail to ask for money. Haaaaa ah ma ni problem.
Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by Bigshoe2028: 11:57pm On Jul 19, 2021
Na mumu dey use Windows , without that u can't print with ur computer , Linux or nothing
Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by bizhop01: 12:08am On Jul 20, 2021
I don't like window OS
Re: Disable Windows Print Spooler Or You Could Be Hacked, Says Microsoft by NwaforIgbo: 3:55am On Jul 20, 2021
Done

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anyone Has Product Activation Key For Office 2016 / How To Double Recharge Card On Mtn,glo,airtel And Etisalat With Cheat Codes / Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.