Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,596 members, 7,955,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:09 PM

Arsenal Sign Lokonga From Anderlecht - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Sign Lokonga From Anderlecht (541 Views)

Vincent Kompany Leaves Man City After 11 Years To Join Anderlecht / Meet Jayden Adetiba: Biography, Arsenal Sign 9-Year-Old Nigerian In South Africa / Arsenal Sign Pierre-emerick Aubameyang From Borussia Dortmund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Sign Lokonga From Anderlecht by Kenneth10110(m): 5:27pm On Jul 19, 2021
Albert Sambi Lokonga has joined Arsenal from Anderlecht.

The fee is believed to be around £15million.
The 21-year-old joins Arsenal on a long-term contract after making 78 appearances for the Belgian club, where he played under former Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany.

"It's a big move because I have been playing for Anderlecht for 10 years so it's going to be my first big move to another country," Lokonga told Arsenal's website. "It's a big step, but I feel confident because we have to be. In the football world, you have to feel confident about yourself, but I'm looking to play in this league and I can't wait to start."

When asked if he prefers to play as a box-to-box midfielder or in a more attacking role, Lokonga added: "I can play both.

He is expected to travel to Florida with the rest of the squad on Wednesday for their pre-season training camp.

A Belgium U21 international, Lokonga received his first senior call-up earlier this year when he was an unused substitute against Greece, and Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta is excited by the midfielder's potential.

"Albert is a very intelligent player who has shown great maturity in his performances during his development," said Arteta.

"He has been coached well by Vincent Kompany and his team at Anderlecht. I know Vincent very well and he talks so highly about Albert and the positive impact he had to Anderlecht in recent seasons.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Sign Lokonga From Anderlecht by Kenneth10110(m): 5:30pm On Jul 19, 2021

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Sign Lokonga From Anderlecht by AAA593: 6:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
Awilo
Re: Arsenal Sign Lokonga From Anderlecht by ogododo: 7:10pm On Jul 19, 2021
Kenneth10110:
Albert Sambi Lokonga has joined Arsenal from Anderlecht.

The fee is believed to be around £15million.
The 21-year-old joins Arsenal on a long-term contract after making 78 appearances for the Belgian club, where he played under former Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany.

"It's a big move because I have been playing for Anderlecht for 10 years so it's going to be my first big move to another country," Lokonga told Arsenal's website. "It's a big step, but I feel confident because we have to be. In the football world, you have to feel confident about yourself, but I'm looking to play in this league and I can't wait to start."

When asked if he prefers to play as a box-to-box midfielder or in a more attacking role, Lokonga added: "I can play both.

He is expected to travel to Florida with the rest of the squad on Wednesday for their pre-season training camp.

A Belgium U21 international, Lokonga received his first senior call-up earlier this year when he was an unused substitute against Greece, and Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta is excited by the midfielder's potential.

"Albert is a very intelligent player who has shown great maturity in his performances during his development," said Arteta.

"He has been coached well by Vincent Kompany and his team at Anderlecht. I know Vincent very well and he talks so highly about Albert and the positive impact he had to Anderlecht in recent seasons.

De name come sound like Lombomba Awilo. Arsenal dey waste money, Saliba dey, Genduzi, abi na Ganduje dey, Wilson too. Wetin concern me with gunner cool
Re: Arsenal Sign Lokonga From Anderlecht by Kenneth10110(m): 8:01pm On Jul 19, 2021
Official and confirmed. Albert Sambi Lokonga joins Arsenal on a permanent deal for €17.5m + €4.5m add ons.
He has been unveiled in the Arsenal shirt and trained with the team today. Contract until June 2026. Number 23. ⚪️� #AFC

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Lokonga From Anderlecht by Mryacks: 11:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
AAA593:
Awilo

grin angry
Re: Arsenal Sign Lokonga From Anderlecht by KillIgbohoNOW(f): 11:36pm On Jul 19, 2021
Lol
See what Arsenal has turned into

(1) (Reply)

PES Rebrand Becomes Most-hated Game For Clunky Graphics Of Ronaldo & Messi / Man Caught Massaging Afia Schwarzenegger’s Raw A$$ In Viral Video (WATCH) / Free Booking Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.