Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue (16246 Views)

Herdsmen Kill Evangelist Segun Adegboyega In His Farm In Oyo, Suspects Arrested / Okada Rider, 7 Others Defile 21-year-old Orphan In Abia Community / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 50 In Donada And Kaltibu In Taraba (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:33pm On Jul 19, 2021
Suspected herdsmen have killed at least 10 people including two aide workers, a volunteer and BSU student in some villages in Guma Local Government Area in Benue State on Sunday July 18.

The aide workers and volunteer for 360HSCD, a non governmental organizations, were working on HIV/AID testing and counseling in the state.

They were said to had been on routine weekend supervision at Tomanyi village in Guma Local Government Area when they were kidnapped and killed by the assailants.

Local sources who called the phone numbers of the aide workers upon learning of their abduction said the herdsmen answered, confirmed the killings and insisted that such will continue until Governor Samuel Ortom responds to their demand to repeal the prohibition of open grazing in Benue state.

Confirming the attack, Chairman of Guma LGA, Caleb Aba, told newsmen in Makurdi on Monday by telephone that four of the victims were killed in Mbabai council ward and another three people in Nzorov council ward while the one other bringing the number to eight was killed at night in Uvir council ward of Guma.

Aba who blamed the killings on suspected herders, stressed that he was baffled by the resurgence of attacks on his people since there were no issues reported earlier between the villagers and the herders.

The chairman also said that bodies of the aide workers have been evacuated by the operatives of Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS)

A young man identified as Nyamvee Umanger Waakaa, was among those killed. He was laid to rest in his village on Monday evening, July 19.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2021/7/suspected-herdsmen-kill-two-aide-workers-volunteer-7-others-in-benue.html

1 Like

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by KillIgbohoNOW(f): 11:41pm On Jul 19, 2021
Igboho should be a real man & stop hiding like a coward!

8 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by adecz: 11:46pm On Jul 19, 2021
☹️☹️☹️

Is it that these communities don't
have able bodied men who will hunt
down these criminals, kee & bury them
in the bushes❔❓

☹️☹️

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by KillMNKnow(f): 11:47pm On Jul 19, 2021
Sebu11:
Hello
Seriously

1 Like

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by Karlovych: 1:34am On Jul 20, 2021
Manabbqgrills your kinsman has been killed in your homeland

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by omolola100(f): 4:59am On Jul 20, 2021
KillIgbohoNOW:
what is your business with igboho? You better dont kee yourself ontop igboho matter.eleribu

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by omolola100(f): 5:01am On Jul 20, 2021
Buhari should send his kinsmen back to their country, they should stop killing nigerians.
this is getting serious..
rip to the dead

4 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by nextBIGthing: 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
Who’s going after fulaniheardmen ?

If na southern region this war would have been over long time ago

My people think �
Pls I beg y’all with Get ur pvc and lets vote out bad govt

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
Are these herdsmen so invincible that they hardly get caught or killed?

Don't tell me they have govt's backing (na bull shiit) coz we can kill in defensive attacks.

5 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by BF69BF: 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
Yet, na Kanu and Igboho be this country problem.

This country MUST scatter laslas.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2021
Alright
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by ediyeJuice(m): 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2021
This thing has gotten out of hands o.
What a country.
*Spits

1 Like

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by SouthSouth1914: 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2021
Buhari is bent on his ethnic cleansing! Tomorrow is another day..

1 Like

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by sematec(m): 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2021
Let us do something to this people fast, else they will finish us o angry angry

1 Like

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by BKayy: 12:18pm On Jul 20, 2021
No Pity from here.
Yes you heard me, I said no Pity from me.

I don't waste RIP on fowls that are being slaughtered.
And finally, I have learnt to mind my business. If Nzeogwu had minded his business and allowed the Fulani kill these people then without interfering and bringing war to Igboland on their behalf, we would have been better than this.
What did he gain after? Nothing.
They sided with the Fulani after and are now killed by them. Nzeogwu's Coup achieved Nothing

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by UltimateSpice: 12:18pm On Jul 20, 2021
Lord have mercy.

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by Gentledizzle: 12:18pm On Jul 20, 2021
Just like that they just killed them. Ending a life is so easy for this people. Next thing na to bury the dead, no justice and nothing will happen.

4 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by Franzinni: 12:18pm On Jul 20, 2021
This era is the era of survival..

Survive till 2023 should be high on the list now.

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by AchalugoNwa(f): 12:18pm On Jul 20, 2021
angry

may God punish all Buhari supporters.

Benue has fallen

5 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by Grace001: 12:18pm On Jul 20, 2021
By the time Buhari is done with his regime, Benue population will have reduce drastically.

You won’t see that alaye baje vulturegriller turn prayer warrior asking for “amen” here oo. He always run from post that has to do with bandits or Fulani herdsmen causing mayhem. He won’t come here to ask for “Amen”

Expecting his NLpolicewoman moniker who is the same as that vulturegriller.

6 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by positivelord: 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2021
if you were laughing when it was happening in the east.. e go reach everybody... that I can assure you

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by Betallion: 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2021
Not again shocked
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by sampete(m): 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2021
Am I the only one seeing that the coffin he was buried in was way more beautiful than the clothes he was buried in Anyway all that don't matter Sha. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by NOwazobia: 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2021
Benue state is now like a cemetery.
Graves every where.
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by Chijeep(m): 12:21pm On Jul 20, 2021
K
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue by yeyedu(m): 12:22pm On Jul 20, 2021
KillIgbohoNOW:

I pray your children reason like you,
when you will need there help, just as Nigeria is in need of faithful leaders.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks / Zimbabwean Man Murders Wife's Lover (photos) / The Best (worst) Of Nigeria's Drug Barons, 419ers And Crime Lords

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.