Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? (1490 Views)

Five Reasons To Update Your Phone Software Regularly / Google Play Services Won't Run Unless You Update Google Play Services(solution) / How To Correct And Update Your BVN Details In Nigeria (2018) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by tellsblinks(m): 6:22am On Jul 20, 2021
Lol, data is sweet!! My school has an unlimited internet subscription that gives you access to the net 24/7
before now I enjoyed updating all apps on play store.
But then my phone got filled up and started hanging, lots of glitches here and there.
I was forced to flash it
After which I reinstalled those apps by using the pre installed apps.

Asked a girl same question, and her reply was 'NO' that it will make her phone storage filled up.

Beyond that most times there are lots of bugs associated with newly updated applications especially for beta users.

Have you ever looked at your phone storage and not understand why system" And other files occupies so much?? It's traceable to application data collected while updating your apps.

If data wasn't your problem would you update all apps on your mobile phone?

1 Like

Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by AbarisFather(m): 6:26am On Jul 20, 2021
Yes
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by Henrydonland(m): 6:52am On Jul 20, 2021
Yeso,but only if the data plenty yanfun-yanfun grin
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by 1Alex: 7:17am On Jul 20, 2021
My apps are on auto-update.
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by falcon01: 7:46am On Jul 20, 2021
I keep postponing Update until when the app Decide not to open again then I have to update!! Most time I update Apps to me it runs the previous versions I'm already used to, For instance YouTube App i wish I can go back to the Old version the new update is Somehow and uptill now I'm still not used to it and The option to watch videos on a specific Quality has changed before it used to be 1040p, 720p, 360p, 240p, 140p but now it's high, Automatic then Low what sorta Bullshit is that? Sometimes you don't have data and will want to watch on 140p or 240p which is is understandable but now it automatically opens with 360p you have to manually Change it back 240p and the worst part is it would have already downloaded the preview in 360p!! And That's what Grind my gears!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by phemmyfour: 11:42am On Jul 20, 2021
I only updates apps that I use regularly. No point updating bloatewares

2 Likes

Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by cassidy1996(m): 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2021
I hate updates, most updates nor dey make sense. They just want their apps to remain relevant.

Ask windows users what they get after updating

7 Likes

Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by donbenie(m): 4:57pm On Jul 20, 2021
Night data plan to the rescue...
The only Apps in my phone that are not up to date,are the one or two that refuses to update..
Updates comes with improvements and new features..
And for me it's a must..

1 Like

Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by finalboss(m): 7:26pm On Jul 20, 2021
cassidy1996:
I hate updates, most updates nor dey make sense. They just want their apps to remain relevant.

Ask windows users what they get after updating
lol, updates are necessary. But it still depends on how important the app is to you.

2 Likes

Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by DONFRANSKID(m): 7:46pm On Jul 20, 2021
falcon01:
I keep postponing Update until when the all Decide not to open again then I have to update!! Most time I update Apps to me it runs the previous versions I'm already used to, For instance YouTube App i wish I can go back to the Old version the new update is Somehow and uptill now I'm still not used to it and The option to watch videos on a specific Quality has changed before it used to be 1040p, 720p, 360p, 240p, 140p but now it's high, Automatic then Low what sorta Bullshit is that? Sometimes you don't have data and will want to watch on 140p or 240p which is is understandable but now it automatically opens with 360p you have to manually Change it back 240p and the worst part is it would have already downloaded the preview in 360p!! And That's what Grind my gears!
You can change it go to advance option when you want to switch
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by DONFRANSKID(m): 7:48pm On Jul 20, 2021
Yes
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 20, 2021
I update my apps regularly,even update games on my xbox one as soon as it prompts me. Is data still a problem to people?
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by falcon01: 8:54pm On Jul 20, 2021
DONFRANSKID:

You can change it go to advance option when you want to switch
by then It would have already downloaded the video preview in 360p and I have a very fast network connection
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by MasonKendall(m): 9:29pm On Jul 20, 2021
justscorchone:
I update my apps regularly,even update games on my xbox one as soon as it prompts me. Is data still a problem to people?
Data is a national crisis. How tha Bleep do you give professional cuddles if I may ask? Cos ah no understand this on at all.

1 Like

Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by Kingsasian(m): 9:50pm On Jul 20, 2021
Data isn't a problem but phone memory space is. I wish all apps could be moved to external memory.
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by KrazyDave16(m): 11:36pm On Jul 20, 2021
falcon01:
by then It would have already downloaded the video preview in 360p and I have a very fast network connection
Uninstall all updates on YouTube via play store.
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by falcon01: 5:25am On Jul 21, 2021
KrazyDave16:

Uninstall all updates on YouTube via play store.
YouTube won't open unless updated, bros I've tried everything. I just have to adapt with the new update.
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by DONFRANSKID(m): 6:54am On Jul 21, 2021
falcon01:
Downloading in 1080p 720p resolution is available for YouTube premium users.
If you want to download 1080p videos for free try YouTube vanced
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by KrazyDave16(m): 10:04am On Jul 21, 2021
falcon01:
YouTube won't open unless updated, bros I've tried everything. I just have to adapt with the new update.
Use Vance
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by saxby(f): 12:06pm On Jul 21, 2021
even if data is a problem i will still update my apps, if they arent updated how then will i enjoy my phone
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by tafat: 1:14pm On Jul 21, 2021
definitely i will, apps like PES2021 wont even paly sef if you dont update it plus my apps on my Camon device are on auto update
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by Emmaway(m): 1:28pm On Jul 21, 2021
I only update apps I use on a regular basis.

Other times I've found out that certain updates makes an app laggy so to prevent that I only update my frequently used apps, especially those that make use of mobile data
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by Corroro: 3:10pm On Jul 21, 2021
Yes I will still update
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by Corroro: 3:11pm On Jul 21, 2021
tafat:
definitely i will, apps like PES2021 wont even paly sef if you dont update it plus my apps on my Camon device are on auto update
sure, updating apps is the best thing to do
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by Reeberry: 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2021
saxby:
even if data is a problem i will still update my apps, if they arent updated how then will i enjoy my phone
I like how you update your phone apps constantly. I do that too.
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by V1C70R(m): 8:50pm On Jul 21, 2021
Ya, except apps made from Google, they always have issues in the new update, I always have to uninstall updates on the apps, to gain back my phone's original condition
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by sureinfo: 5:16pm On Jul 29, 2021
Why not, I'll definitely update whenever I have the chance
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by Goddyj(m): 6:40pm On Jul 29, 2021
How can data be a problem when you can check my signature for cheap Data plans
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 30, 2021
If only there was a way to have total control of the number of gigabyte my phone uses without leaving any for the phone system…

I dread updating some apps because they tend (I �) to slowly occupy your system memory. Look, I'll just update the app that performs multiple functions for me.

Just imagine you downloading the latest version of subway surfers because "you have data"
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by Freelancerx: 12:15am On Jul 31, 2021
I update my apps every time there is a new update
Re: If Data Wasn't A Problem, Will You Update Your Apps? by Breastfeed: 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2021
Of course I would, of what use is it to use and old version of something when the new version is out and you can afford it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Else Is Having Issue With Gbwhatsapp? / More Troubles With Mtn / Will This Us Device Work In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.