Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,143 members, 7,849,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:35 AM

Sen.dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah A Grassroot General - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sen.dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah A Grassroot General (281 Views)

APGA To Ubah: A Man Who Couldn't Manage Private Business Can't Rescue Anambra / Peter Obi; The Force Behind Atiku’s Grassroot Campaign / Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah Is 47 Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sen.dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah A Grassroot General by Deluvdoctor(m): 7:28am On Jul 20, 2021
Ifeanyi Ubah: The Grassroots General

By Chigozie Igbo Jr

I will want to start this piece with this quote from Mohammed Ibrahim a Sudanese-British billionaire businessman, who said,
"If we are to build grassroots respect for the institutions and processes that constitute democracy, the state must treat its citizens as real citizens rather than as subjects." Mo Ibrahim.

Senator Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah ascribes to the above world view. Over the years, he has seen the People, his People, as real citizens rather than subjects, reason it's easy for him to mix up and interact with virtually all segments of the Anambra society.

I call him the *Grassroots General,* because he has shown capacity in that direction, having touched lives over the years with Ifeanyi Ubah Foundation, an NGO of repute and his business ventures scattered all over Anambra and Nigeria respectively.

There is no gain saying the fact, that Senator Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah remains the only candidate in Anambra contesting to become the next governor of Anambra state with an enviable social capital, which permeates down to the grassroots. His name reverberates in the hinterlands despite his worth and wealth. He is not new to the locals. Even with his new Party, a Party that was seen as a feather weight has suddenly become the appeal of the masses, with the zest to take over Agu Awka.

There are people who have not seen him before but have benefited from his magnanimity in one way or the other, either through his free medical care outreach, payment of tuition fee to the indigent, empowerment to start a skill or trade, employment in his business and the civil service, these are some of his few attributes, which is has made him accessible to Ndi Anambra at the grassroots.

His vision and passion towards Job creation especially for the youths has endeared him to the grassroots also, reason I call him the *Grassroots General*. He ventured into other areas of business including the media where he owns several radio stations, a newspaper company, a non - profit Foundation, a high profile football club and in all, employing thousands of youths, from all walks of life including youths from his home state Anambra.

He is indeed a Grassroots General whose thought for his state is to empower the younger generation towards taking over, as he believes in the axiom that says that " the youths are the leaders of tomorrow" which has made him not just to employ them, but also entrusted them with critical offices, functions and positions of authority, that shows his faith in the youths especially those at the grassroots.

His generousity also, has thus wiped out tears from the faces of indigent widows in Anambra, who pray daily that he continues giving back to the society what God has given him. Ifeanyi Ubah is noted for being at home with widows rather than treat them with disdain, as may be the case with some elitist politicians who only come every four years to seek for their votes.

Senator Ubah being a Grassroots General was able to calm frayed nerves down during the era of Endsars Protest in the state last year, this was possible, not because of his money, but because of his grassroots appeal. No politician throughout the country dared to come out, talk more of asking the youths not to further destroy Goverment property.

Going into the Anambra Gubernatorial election, which is slated to hold on the 6th of November 2021, it is almost impossible to see anyone who has the same grassroots appeal as Senator Ubah, reason I call him the Grassroots General.

I will conclude this piece by quoting the former President of the United States, Barack Obama who said "The best education I received was working with people in the community on a grassroots basis. Because what it taught me was that ordinary people, when they are working together can do extraordinary things."

Senator Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah is the man to watch in the Anambra gubernatorial election, because he has the social capital and grassroots appeal, reason he is popular at the grassroots in Anambra state..

Indeed a new Anambra is possible with Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah .

Wouldn't you rather bank with us ? .

#OpenDoorRevolution
#DivineMandate.

(1) (Reply)

Flood Destroys N60m Property In Kano / What Sunday Igboho Told Benin Court In Camera / Arresting Abba Kayari Will Save Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.