Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

We Will Comply With Court Order On Soludo, Ozigbo — INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Comply With Court Order On Soludo, Ozigbo — INEC (844 Views)

An Anambra-based Man's Take On Soludo's Clarion Call To His Lagos-based Kinsmen / Anambra Guber: INEC publishes List Of Candidates, Soludo, Ozigbo Absent / We Will Comply With Supreme Court Judgement On Bayelsa — INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Comply With Court Order On Soludo, Ozigbo — INEC by nairavsdollars(f): 7:34am On Jul 20, 2021
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The Independent National Elec­toral Commission (INEC) on Monday said it will comply with court orders on the Anambra governorship election as stipu­lated in Section 287 of the consti­tution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

A Federal High Court in Awka on Monday ordered INEC to publish the name of Valentine Ozigbo as the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the November 6 Anambra State governorship election.

Also a High Court in Anambra directed the com­mission to publish the name of Prof. Chukwuma Soludo of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) for the elec­tion without further delay.

Ozigbo had approached a Federal Capital Territory (FCT) High Court in Maitama seeking an order restraining the PDP from tampering with his name as the authentic can­didate.

He also sought an order mandating INEC to publish his name as the party’s can­didate.

However, the court refused all the orders sort and ordered the electoral commission not to publish the name of any candidate for the PDP pend­ing the determination of the motion on notice.

Consequently, INEC ex­cluded the candidate of the PDP from the list of cleared candidates for the poll.

But in a fresh order issued on Monday, Hyeladzira Ngan­jiwa, the judge in Awka, asked the electoral commission to publish Ozigbo’s name as PDP’s candidate, following the withdrawal of the suit at the FCT High Court.

Another High Court pre­sided by Justice CC Okaa reinstated Prof. Soludo as the APGA candidate and ordered INEC to publish his name im­mediately.

The court also ordered INEC to remove the name of Hon. Chukwuma Umeoji al­ready published and ordered him to stop parading himself as candidate of APGA.

The court reaffirmed Vic­tor Oye as the indisputable national chairman of APGA and ordered Edozie Njoku and Jude Okeke to stop pa­rading themselves as national chairmen of APGA.

Speaking with Daily In­dependent, Festus Okoye, Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee of INEC, however, said the commission will not take de­cision based on newspaper reports unless it has received the certified true copies of the court orders.

He said, “We don’t base our decisions in the commission on newspaper reports or un­verified news sources. Our decisions are based on cer­tified true copies of order or judgments.

“So, when we are served with the certified true copies of the judgments, then we will look at it based on what informed our previous deci­sions and then we look at the court orders and see what spe­cifically the court wants us to do. But we are not a court of law.

“Under Section 287 of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, we have an obligation to give effect to and comply with the deci­sions of courts of competent jurisdiction.

“But we won’t take any action or take any decision until we have been served with a certified true copies of the court order. When that is done, we will follow our processes and procedures and then we will make our deci­sions public”, he said.
https://independent.ng/we-will-comply-with-court-order-on-soludo-ozigbo-inec/

1 Like

Re: We Will Comply With Court Order On Soludo, Ozigbo — INEC by Clerverly: 7:38am On Jul 20, 2021
“So, when we are served with the certified true copies of the judgments, then we will look at it based on what informed our previous deci­sions and then we look at the court orders and see what spe­cifically the court wants us to do. But we are not a court of law.

Title and Body of the article saying different things..

However, after looking at them, they would discover, that they all court of corodinate jurisdiction...hence no action, until a higher court rules otherwise..Everybody including INEC knows this..
Re: We Will Comply With Court Order On Soludo, Ozigbo — INEC by Sammy07: 7:39am On Jul 20, 2021
Good.
Why would a sane person be against Soludo candidacy sad

Well, Nigeria governors have taught us that degrees (Abia and Cross river governors) and Youth (Kogi Governor) doesn't make a government but a good Roadmap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Will Comply With Court Order On Soludo, Ozigbo — INEC by Kandeed: 7:47am On Jul 20, 2021
Off thread but no P

This senselessness amongst Southerners is what will kill her and by God's special grace I won't be among the victims. when Kanu was arrested I was rebuking my fellow Yoruba guys that the best thing to do atm is not to mock igbos or Kanu cuz at this stage and time in our country we need each other badly that ever before but alas my people came for my head telling me rubbish and today or is it yesterday, guess what? Igboho was arrested our eyes don dey clear small small. truth is if we had stood with the igbos and reject in a strong voice the illegal arrest of Kanu, the news of Igboho's arrest is enough to ignite a massive protest from all part of the South and trust me with time these northern Evil will be fast coming to an end. but we've created division among ourselves now everyone will just sit down and keep looking.

Well as for me I'll just kuku sit and keep watching as things unfold. I kuku advocated for June 12th people called me lotta names and ever since then I guess I should just be thinking bout my self now.
Re: We Will Comply With Court Order On Soludo, Ozigbo — INEC by AchalugoNwa(f): 7:55am On Jul 20, 2021
[s]
Clerverly:

Title and Body of the article saying different things..

However, after looking at them, they would discover, that they all court of corodinate jurisdiction...hence no action, until a higher court rules otherwise..Everybody including INEC knows this..

[/s]

You supported Tony nwoye
you failed
supported Ize iyamu (pasta of the most high)
you failed
supported Lyon
failed

Now you're shifting to a criminal that was not reelected in his senatorial district
impending failure
I'll mock the hell out of you that day grin
Labour Party Oga ndi oga stand a better chance of winning than criminal Andy uba
don't worry we'll give Apc the enugu treatment grin
we're done with the ubas in Anambra State government.

kiss the truth
Buhari is a terrorist.
Apc is bokoharam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Will Comply With Court Order On Soludo, Ozigbo — INEC by MERCHANDISER: 7:55am On Jul 20, 2021
Hon Chukwuma Umeoji Remains The Candidate of APGA, Despite The Judgement Of Justice Okaa. AIF Media This is not a breaking News, we said it and they still carried it out. Justice Valentine Okaa this morning at the state high court Awka, gave a judgement without allowing fair hearing to all the parties where he recognized Ozo Victor Ike Oye as the National Chairman of APGA and asked that Prof Soludo be accorded same recognition as the candidate of APGA for November 6 Anambra state governorship election. The fact remains that the judgement of the Jigawa state high court which recognized Barr Jude Okeke as the Authentic National Chairman of APGA can not be upturned by a judgement of another high court of same concurrent jurisdiction. Just know that a court of coordinate jurisdiction cannot upturn or quash what a sister court did. Therefore, No State High Court can reinstate Soludo. It is only an Appeal court judgement or Supreme court judgment that can upturn the decision of Jigawa state high court. Again, INEC can not act on this judgement from Justice Okaa since it is not a decision of a higher court. If INEC had not published the name and particulars of Hon Chukwuma Umeoji , the commission would have asked both parties to go to Appeal court and settle it. Therefore, there is nothing to celebrate. Those behind Justice Okaaa judgement only want to have something at hand to start campaign and use same to disburse the campaign fund and get richer. Until a higher court says otherwise, Hon Chukwuma Umeoji remains the candidate of APGA for November 6 Anambra state governorship election. AIF Media
Re: We Will Comply With Court Order On Soludo, Ozigbo — INEC by Dmavin: 8:00am On Jul 20, 2021
Game on
Re: We Will Comply With Court Order On Soludo, Ozigbo — INEC by Maxymilliano(m): 8:37am On Jul 20, 2021
INEC is left work no option than to comply.

PDP is taking over

(1) (Reply)

Soyinka Hits Buhari Again / People are tired of unknown gunmen as they hand one over to army - VIDEO / Same Old Cruel Lies To Justify Fuel Price Hike By Farooq A. Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.