Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Why The Arrest Of Igboho And MNK Is Nothing To Celebrate. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Arrest Of Igboho And MNK Is Nothing To Celebrate. (561 Views)

Malami’s Media Trial Of Igboho And Kanu / DSS Releases 8 Of Igboho’s Aides After 61 Days In Custody / Pictures Of Igboho Supporters Waiting Outside During His Trial In Cotonou (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Arrest Of Igboho And MNK Is Nothing To Celebrate. by NigeriaNawa: 9:21am On Jul 20, 2021
Sometimes, it is better to do things covertly and in a very subtle manner, rather than creating a raucous which then creates a volatile environment in an already explosive situation.

Now, while I am an MNK fan ( not supporting all of his views ) , his arrest while against international law was expected in the sense that the cabal wanted to lay their hands on him at all costs and he had caused many of them immense stress and sleepness nights.

But the arrest of Igboho is counterproductive. He has not harmed anyone; he has not killed anyone - all he did was clamour for the protection of this people and furthermore ask for self determination. Yet, his house was invaded, his folk killed, wife kidnapped and even the cat arrested on suspicious of being Igboho himself (does the DSS believe in Sango ? )

This is at a time when bandits have become more brazen in Northern Nigeria, even shooting down fast moving fighter jets, not once but twice. There is only one available means to shooting down high speed fighter jets and that is missiles. Who armed them with missiles? Hmm. These same bandits kill dozens of soldiers and police on a weekly basis and yet the response is always a half hearted air strike here or there and capturing a meagre number of rag tag poverty ridden so called Boko Haram soldiers.

One wonders why this government is willing to fight so many battles on many fronts (you cannot win a war with too many battle fronts) and making dangerous enemies within and outside the country ( Imagine playing with fire by detaining and torturing Israeli citizens).

If anyone will destroy Nigeria, it will not be MNK and Igboho whose only crime was to ask for a referendum for self determination, it will be the floundering government, their stooges and the huge number of followers who prefer living in the disunited country of Nigeria which is rapidly failing than a modern restructured and more progressive union of states.

I can assure you that contrary to the expectations of many on this forum who are singing songs of praise for the capture of Igboho, it will all end with tears for them and for their rulers. This is not a maybe or if, this is a fact.

The capture of Igboho and MNK will only fuel the already tense situation in a country marred by terrorism, bloodshed and poverty.

I don't think Nigerians will ever unite but I know that those Nigerians who want a better tomorrow for their children will be the winners at last
Re: Why The Arrest Of Igboho And MNK Is Nothing To Celebrate. by oluztx: 9:24am On Jul 20, 2021
NigeriaNawa:
[s]Sometimes, it is better to do things covertly and in a very subtle manner, rather than creating a raucous which then creates a volatile environment in an already explosive situation.

Now, while I am an MNK fan ( not supporting all of his views ) , his arrest while against the international law was understandable in the sense that the cabal wanted to lay their hands on him at all costs and he caused many of them immense stress and sleepness nights.

But the arrest of Igboho is counterproductive. He has not harmed anyone; he has not killed anyone - all he did was clamour for the protection of this people and furthermore ask for self determination. Yet, his house was invaded, his folk killed, wife kidnapped and even the cat arrested on suspicious of being Igboho himself (does the DSS believe in Sango ? )

This is at a time when bandits have become more brazen in Northern Nigeria, even shooting down fast moving fighter jets, not once but twice. There is only one available means to shooting down high speed fighter jets and that is missiles. Who armed them with missiles? Hmm. These same bandits kill dozens of soldiers and police on a weekly basis and yet the response is always a half hearted air strike here or there and capturing a meagre number of rag tag poverty ridden so called Boko Haram soldiers.

One wonders why this government is willing to fight so many battles on many fronts (you cannot win a war with too many battle fronts) and making dangerous enemies within and outside the country ( Imagine playing with fire by detaining and torturing Israeli citizens).

If anyone will destroy Nigeria, it will not be MNK and Igboho whose only crime was to ask for a referendum for self determination, it will be the floundering government, their stooges and the huge number of followers who prefer living in the disunited country of Nigeria which is rapidly failing than a modern restructured and more progressive union of states.

I can assure you that contrary to the expectations of many on this forum who are singing songs of praise for the capture of Igboho, it will all end with tears for them and for their rulers. This is not a maybe or if, this is a fact.

The capture of Igboho and MNK will only fuel the already tense situation in a country marred by terrorism, bloodshed and poverty.

I don't think Nigerians will ever unite but I know that those Nigerians who want a better tomorrow for their children will be the winners at last[/s]

Typical afonja and hypicrisy. The only reason you are adding Nnamdi kanu there is because your own has been touched. Why are yorubas so parochial? Stop putting Nnamdi Kanu next to fraudster Igboho who was not captured but lodging at a DSS hotel in Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Arrest Of Igboho And MNK Is Nothing To Celebrate. by Gentlerespect76: 9:30am On Jul 20, 2021
Gbam!!!!

oluztx:

Typical afonja and hypicrisy. The only reason you are adding Nnamdi kanu there is because your own has been touched. Why are yorubas so parochial? Stop putting Nnamdi Kanu next to fraudster Igboho who was not captured but lodging at a DSS hotel in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Why The Arrest Of Igboho And MNK Is Nothing To Celebrate. by goatBBQGRILLS: 9:31am On Jul 20, 2021
grin guys above me nawa ooooo joy no dey at alll, but how I wish Fulani led government will capture boko haram like this.

1 Like

Re: Why The Arrest Of Igboho And MNK Is Nothing To Celebrate. by wordcat(m): 9:38am On Jul 20, 2021
NigeriaNawa:
Even the cat arrested on suspicious of being Igboho himself

I don't think Nigerians will ever unite but I know that those Nigerians who want a better tomorrow for their children will be the winners at last

I heard that the Cat has been killed just like how they killed MNK's Dog
Re: Why The Arrest Of Igboho And MNK Is Nothing To Celebrate. by NigeriaNawa: 10:14am On Jul 20, 2021
oluztx:

?
Re: Why The Arrest Of Igboho And MNK Is Nothing To Celebrate. by Hyperchi(m): 10:42am On Jul 20, 2021
MNK agitation is different from igboho own. igboho said it himself, so don't compere the two and MNK has prison and Court experience in naija ,and his case is international while igboho own is local
Re: Why The Arrest Of Igboho And MNK Is Nothing To Celebrate. by NigeriaNawa: 10:42am On Jul 20, 2021
Hyperchi:
MNK agitation is different from igboho own. igboho said it himself, so don't compere the two and MNK has prison and Court experience in naija ,and his case is international while igboho own is local

They are both agitating for freedom
Re: Why The Arrest Of Igboho And MNK Is Nothing To Celebrate. by skywalker240(m): 10:45am On Jul 20, 2021
NigeriaNawa:
Sometimes, it is better to do things covertly and in a very subtle manner, rather than creating a raucous which then creates a volatile environment in an already explosive situation.

Now, while I am an MNK fan ( not supporting all of his views ) , his arrest while against international law was expected in the sense that the cabal wanted to lay their hands on him at all costs and he had caused many of them immense stress and sleepness nights.

A better tomorrow is defined as a country devoid people from a particular region who are champion of qouta system.

Fact
Re: Why The Arrest Of Igboho And MNK Is Nothing To Celebrate. by NigeriaNawa: 10:46am On Jul 20, 2021
skywalker240:

A better tomorrow is defined as a country devoid people from a particular region who are champion of qouta system.

Fact

Correct.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

South East politicians are coward and useless / Petroleum Industry Bill Will Weaken North,Stop It—Group Tells Northern Lawmakers / Churchill Spotted At Maduka's House In Anambra: Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.