Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Islamic Group Blasts Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exams On Salah Day - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Islamic Group Blasts Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exams On Salah Day (973 Views)

Passing Your SAT Exams On Your First Attempt / Unizik Denies Fixing Exams To Collide With Biafra Day Sit-at-home / Islamic Group Demands Replacement Of French Language With Arabic In Kano Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Group Blasts Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exams On Salah Day by Emergingnation(m): 10:47am On Jul 20, 2021
Islamic group blasts Akwa Ibom govt for fixing exams on Salah dayPublished on July 20, 2021By John Akinfehinwa

Islamic human rights organisation, the Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC, has said that the Akwa Ibom State Government has proved that it was not ready to accommodate and coexist with people of other religions in the country by insisting on continuing examinations on a Salah day.

The Ministry of Education in Akwa Ibom State had announced that students in the state will continue with the ongoing graduation examinations for schools.

The State government said the SSII promotion examinations will go on today in spite of the public holiday declared by the Federal Government of Nigeria.

However, MURIC condemned the government’s decision, describing it as Bohemian, arrogant, insensitive and intolerant.

In a statement signed by Prof. Ishaq Akintola, its director and founder, MURIC said it was shocked by the action of the Ben Ayade-led government.

“We are shocked to our marrows at the level of acrobatic religiousity which some state governments are manifesting towards Muslims.

“The government of Akwa Ibom State is fully aware that there is a remarkable percentage of Muslim population made up of both indigenes and non-indigenes in the state. The children of these Muslims are in Akwa Ibom schools,” the group’s statement said

“The fact that the state’s Ministry of Education ignored these people and insisted on continuing examinations on Salah days prove that it is not prepared to coexist with any other religion.

“MURIC also sees it as impunity of the highest order for Akwa Ibom to ignore Federal Government declaration public holidays and to insist on holding examinations. This is Bohemian, arrogant, insensitive and intolerant,” it added.

MURIC wondered what the reactions and comments will be if a core Northern state should do something similar on Christmas day.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/20/islamic-group-blasts-akwa-ibom-govt-for-fixing-exams-on-salah-day/

Re: Islamic Group Blasts Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exams On Salah Day by Emergingnation(m): 10:47am On Jul 20, 2021
How's that your business, the Mumuric

Akwa Ibom is a Christian state..

6 Likes

Re: Islamic Group Blasts Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exams On Salah Day by KillIgbohoN0W: 10:49am On Jul 20, 2021
Akwa Ibom is not an islamic state. If the head slamming murderers don't want to write exams then they can relocate to Zamfara & write it with their fellow 2 cutoff mark brethrens.

Rubbish

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Group Blasts Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exams On Salah Day by jumper524(m): 10:49am On Jul 20, 2021
hypocracy disgust me a lot.
just like the two above me.
I'm sure if it were kano state govt that fixed exam on sallah day the two hypocrates above me would have been wailing and shouting islamization.
why is it that people only reacts to truth when it affects them?
Nigeria is a secular state and the FG in is own capacity always fixes 2days as public holidays during Christmas, sallah and easter festive period.
the military and police who don't enjoy this holidays always make sacrifice for one another during these periods.
Muslims soldiers would work while their Christians ho for Christmas and vice versa.
its totally unacceptable if what akwaibom govt is doing.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Group Blasts Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exams On Salah Day by OVB123: 11:01am On Jul 20, 2021
Akwa ibom is pure christian state. Take your madness to maiduguri.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Group Blasts Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exams On Salah Day by temitope27(m): 11:03am On Jul 20, 2021
Terrorist, he don start again
Re: Islamic Group Blasts Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exams On Salah Day by pregnantMan: 11:13am On Jul 20, 2021
Useless terrorists.. Always wanting to claim right in everywhere.. Bleeep you, Akwa Ibom is not an islamic state
Re: Islamic Group Blasts Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exams On Salah Day by nzeobi(m): 11:27am On Jul 20, 2021
Akwaibom places more emphasis on education and development more than religion.
Am sure akwaibom State government will not dignify him with a response

4 Likes

Re: Islamic Group Blasts Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exams On Salah Day by vedaxcool(m): 11:28am On Jul 20, 2021
grin grin grin The average nairaland Christian is a Cowardly bigot who will cry oppression but are quick to endorse any oppressive action taken.
Re: Islamic Group Blasts Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exams On Salah Day by Sugardick: 11:29am On Jul 20, 2021
These muric guys disgusts me.

I need to japa from there country ASAP this is not a country for a sane mind.

this country should be left for idiots like Buhari and his supporters.
Re: Islamic Group Blasts Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exams On Salah Day by Charmingrascal(m): 11:37am On Jul 20, 2021
For the first time I see sense in Akintola's rant.

It is so insensitive for the state government to fix exam on a day that Muslims all over the world are celebrating Eid.

It would have been justifiable if the Eid had conflicting date like most Muslims celebrations, but this time it was fixed and Muslims all over the world accord to it.
Re: Islamic Group Blasts Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exams On Salah Day by Charmingrascal(m): 11:40am On Jul 20, 2021
vedaxcool:
grin grin grin The average nairaland Christian is a Cowardly bigot who will cry oppression but are quick to endorse any oppressive action taken.

The average Nairaland Muslim is a terrorism enabler, who will support terrorists as long as they perceive what he is doing as work of "Allah"

1 Like

Re: Islamic Group Blasts Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exams On Salah Day by Charmingrascal(m): 11:40am On Jul 20, 2021
Sugardick:
These muric guys disgusts me.

I need to japa from there country ASAP this is not a country for a sane mind.

this country should be left for idiots like Buhari and his supporters.

He disgusts me too but he is saying the truth this time.

Akwa Ibom was wrong to fix exam on sallah day.
Re: Islamic Group Blasts Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exams On Salah Day by Charmingrascal(m): 11:42am On Jul 20, 2021
nzeobi:
Akwaibom places more emphasis on education and development more than religion.
Am sure akwaibom State government will not dignify him with a response

But Akwa Ibom wouldn't fix exam if it was Easter day.

Truth is golden bro
I am a Christian too but this is wrong
Re: Islamic Group Blasts Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exams On Salah Day by LibertyRep: 11:43am On Jul 20, 2021
Hypocrisy is what's ruining Nigeria.

When Kano or Borno fixes exams on Christmas or Easter day, hope those justifying this will not cry blue murder.

What's wrong is wrong regardless of who's doing it.
Re: Islamic Group Blasts Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exams On Salah Day by Pigsandidiots: 11:45am On Jul 20, 2021
Islamic group are inconsequential. If it pain them si well, after their ranting, they should go and stop the exam.

Islam is irrelevant

Islam is useless.
Re: Islamic Group Blasts Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exams On Salah Day by Pigsandidiots: 11:46am On Jul 20, 2021
LibertyRep:
Hypocrisy is what's ruining Nigeria.

When Kano or Borno fixes exams on Christmas or Easter day, hope those justifying this will not cry blue murder.

What's wrong is wrong regardless of who's doing it.
Oga, do it if you like. No one cares.

If it pain you and your inconsequential islamic idiots, go and stop the exam.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Group Blasts Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exams On Salah Day by nzeobi(m): 12:29pm On Jul 20, 2021
Charmingrascal:

But Akwa Ibom wouldn't fix exam if it was Easter day.

Truth is golden bro
I am a Christian too but this is wrong

Is there a law banning exams on Easter day

(1) (Reply)

Check Out: The Best Computer Training Colleges In Kaduna State / A Nairalander Cry Out On The Effect Of ASUU Strike On Students / This Is Uyo, The Dubai Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.