Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,997 members, 7,866,753 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:35 AM

How Do I Recover Rent From A Tenant That Has Refused To Pay Rent Or Move-out? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do I Recover Rent From A Tenant That Has Refused To Pay Rent Or Move-out? (152 Views)

Quit Notice To A Tenant / Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Recover Rent From A Tenant That Has Refused To Pay Rent Or Move-out? by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 21, 2021
Investing in real estate is the real deal!

Like an agbo seller preaching herbal drugs in an Eko bound molue, real estate developers and property sellers are quick to preach the advantages of owning rental properties in choice areas, especially in the ever-busy mega-city of Lagos state.

Yes! I agree with them 90%. Owning rental properties as an investment is indeed a real deal. The land appreciates with time and so is the value of the property, presumably.

But when we all shy away from discussing or disclosing is property management, especially getting tenants to maintain the sanctity of the property and avoid misusing appurtenances put in place by the landlord.

Most landlords spend good money fixing these appurtenances so that the tenants can enjoy quiet and peaceful possession during the duration of their tenancy.

Let's for a moment forget about the issue of misuse of appurtenances. After all, landlords do collect caution deposits from prospective tenants. abi?

The Koko is getting a tenant to pay rent as and when due. Many tenants don't pay rent in Lagos.

They frustrate the landlord to a point that the landlord is left in a dilemma on how to recover the property from such a tenant and many are quick to forego the rent, or the tenant simply escapes with the rent.

But who do we recover accrued or arrears of rent and possession from these recalcitrant tenants?

Also, how do we avoid lengthy legal processes?

(1) (Reply)

Plots Of Land For Sale At Max Height Estate Umueri Anambra State / TO LET:- Room In Flat (2 To Share) Upstair *@ Off Majolate Str, Onipanu, Lagos. / Nova Gardens,ilara Epe Now Selling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.