Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

The Significance Of Eid Al Adha - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Significance Of Eid Al Adha (386 Views)

Eid-al Filtr: Chinwe Chibuike Foundation Donates Goats, Prayer Mats To Muslims / Saudi Arabia Announces August 11th As First Day Of Eid Al-adha / Sallah Cow Forced Into A Small Car Ahead Of Eid-el-Kabir Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Significance Of Eid Al Adha by advocatejare(m): 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2021
A Momentous Ransom & Sacrifice

The True Meaning of al-Adha Sacrifice

Today, many of our precious Muslim friends and families are celebrating Eid al-Adha or the Festival of Sacrifice, which commemorates the act of sacrifice that Abraham was going to conduct in obedience to God’s command to Him to offer his “Only Son, whom He loved…” (Gen. 22:1-3) as a sacrifice to God on the alter…

This story is so powerful as it demonstrated the faith of Abraham and put it on display to all to see throughout the past centuries!

In Islamic tradition it is believed that the son of sacrifice was Ishmael, even though the Quran is silent on that (see screenshot of verse Q37:107 below)… Nevertheless, the celebration itself is a constant reminder of Abraham’s faith, but most importantly, God’s faithfulness.

The Quran, in a classic act, borrowed some details of the biblical account and made reference to it in Q37:100-108 without emphasizing the deeper meanings of such powerful story as laid out throughout the Bible (i.e. Gen. 15:1-6, 17:1-21, 21:1-6, 22:1-3) and ultimately in the sacrificial work of God in Christ (John 1:1, 14, 29, 3:16; 1 Cor. 15:1-5, 2 Cor. 5:17-21) to name a few.

The Islamic tradition of the sacrifice left many Islamic scholars perplexed as to the identity of the Don who was to be sacrificed (see link to Sam Shamoun article of this important topic) causing much confusion concerning the identity of the Son, whether it was Isaac or Ishmael, and hence depriving the reader of the Quran of the beauty of the story in the biblical account and how it ties perfectly to the Sacrifice of JESUS on the Cross… Only Isaac can be the true Son who represented such momentous sacrifice on the cross (see Shamoun’s article)…

Ironically, even the Quran acknowledged that the act of God to substitute a momentous sacrifice in place of a Isaac was mentioned in Q37:107.

Many of the early Islamic scholars in their commentary on Q37:107 admit that Isaac (Ishaq in Arabic) is the one who was part of the story (such as the renowned Islamic commentator Al-Tabari)…

The bottom line is this:

JESUS Christ, the lamb of God who takes away the Sin of the World, is the one was, who is, and who will always be, that momentous sacrifice…

Only believing in Christ will give us eternal life, righteousness, take away our sin, give us peace with God, and remove the wrath of God and His condemnation from us (Rom. 3:10-12, 5:1, 5:12, 6:23, 8:1).

So, my beloved Muslim friends and Family, as you celebrate this occasion, remember that it is not about meals or lambs, rather it is about a momentous sacrifice; The Lamb of God, the Lord JESUS Christ… Who loved you and gave Himself [life] for you…

Come to Jesus!

By Al-Fadi

1 Like

Re: The Significance Of Eid Al Adha by ANTIlSLAM(m): 6:36pm On Jul 21, 2021
Antichristian this will touches your heart, your brothers in Islam won't love it

1 Like

Re: The Significance Of Eid Al Adha by AntiChristian: 9:08am On Jul 22, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:
Antichristian this will touches your heart, your brothers in Islam won't love it

How many moniker you get here sef?

Mods need to investigate you o
Re: The Significance Of Eid Al Adha by AntiChristian: 10:25am On Jul 22, 2021
advocatejare:
A Momentous Ransom & Sacrifice

The True Meaning of al-Adha Sacrifice

Today, many of our precious Muslim friends and families are celebrating Eid al-Adha or the Festival of Sacrifice, which commemorates the act of sacrifice that Abraham was going to conduct in obedience to God’s command to Him to offer his “Only Son, whom He loved…” (Gen. 22:1-3) as a sacrifice to God on the alter…

This story is so powerful as it demonstrated the faith of Abraham and put it on display to all to see throughout the past centuries!

In Islamic tradition it is believed that the son of sacrifice was Ishmael, even though the Quran is silent on that (see screenshot of verse Q37:107 below)… Nevertheless, the celebration itself is a constant reminder of Abraham’s faith, but most importantly, God’s faithfulness.
The Qur'an and Hadith were not silent.

The Quran, in a classic act, borrowed some details of the biblical account and made reference to it in Q37:100-108 without emphasizing the deeper meanings of such powerful story as laid out throughout the Bible (i.e. Gen. 15:1-6, 17:1-21, 21:1-6, 22:1-3) and ultimately in the sacrificial work of God in Christ (John 1:1, 14, 29, 3:16; 1 Cor. 15:1-5, 2 Cor. 5:17-21) to name a few.

The Islamic tradition of the sacrifice left many Islamic scholars perplexed as to the identity of the Don who was to be sacrificed (see link to Sam Shamoun article of this important topic) causing much confusion concerning the identity of the Son, whether it was Isaac or Ishmael, and hence depriving the reader of the Quran of the beauty of the story in the biblical account and how it ties perfectly to the Sacrifice of JESUS on the Cross… Only Isaac can be the true Son who represented such momentous sacrifice on the cross (see Shamoun’s article)…
Abraham had two sons. Your God rejected the first son because he was born from a slave. And he was sent out.
Same God accept Jacob's sons from slaves. Nowhere in the Old testament was this sacrifice mentioned as a pointer to human/God blood sacrifice! Even Abraham wasn't aware of this vicarious atonement.

Ironically, even the Quran acknowledged that the act of God to substitute a momentous sacrifice in place of a Isaac was mentioned in Q37:107.
Allah tested Abraham if he would be willing to sacrifice his son and he passed. The sacrifice was replaced by a ram. And Allah has no partners, no son,...

Many of the early Islamic scholars in their commentary on Q37:107 admit that Isaac (Ishaq in Arabic) is the one who was part of the story (such as the renowned Islamic commentator Al-Tabari)…
Yes, many scholars give that opinion according to what was related from Jewish/Christians reverts to Islam. What the Qur'an and hadith points to is that his first son was to be sacrificed. And the first seed of Abraham was Ishmael not Isaac!

The bottom line is this:

JESUS Christ, the lamb of God who takes away the Sin of the World, is the one was, who is, and who will always be, that momentous sacrifice…

Only believing in Christ will give us eternal life, righteousness, take away our sin, give us peace with God, and remove the wrath of God and His condemnation from us (Rom. 3:10-12, 5:1, 5:12, 6:23, 8:1).

So, my beloved Muslim friends and Family, as you celebrate this occasion, remember that it is not about meals or lambs, rather it is about a momentous sacrifice; The Lamb of God, the Lord JESUS Christ… Who loved you and gave Himself [life] for you…

Come to Jesus!

By Al-Fadi

Our own bottom line is this:
Allah is free of needing sons/partners/helpers to carry out any of His duties! He is one and only! He saves whoever He wills and He punishes whoever He so wills. God needs no lamb as son to take away the sins of the world. This is idolatry of the highest order!

Even in the Bible Jesus never mentioned this for once and all the verses you quoted were from Paul's Romans!

Even the animals we sacrificed , Allah does not need the meat or blood but He needs us to be pious and fear Him as we ought to!

Allah needs no human blood to save us. Allah created Jesus as His messenger just like Moses, Abraham, Noah and others.

Our believe in Jesus is summarized below:

https://www.nairaland.com/4064473/what-muslims-belief-concerning-jesus
Re: The Significance Of Eid Al Adha by advocatejare(m): 4:44pm On Jul 22, 2021
AntiChristian:
The Qur'an and Hadith were not silent.
Show us where the name of the child to be sacrificed was mentioned in the Quran

Abraham had two sons. Your God rejected the first son because he was born from a slave. And he was sent out.
What did Muhammad say about such a matter?:

Amr bin Su'aib narrated from his father, from his grandfather, that the Messenger of Allahﷺ said:
"Any man who fornicates with a free woman, or a slave woman, then the child born from Zina does not inherit, nor is it inherited from."
-• Jami` at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 4, Book of Inheritance, Hadith 2113

Allah tested Abraham if he would be willing to sacrifice his son and he passed. The sacrifice was replaced by a ram. And Allah has no partners, no son,...
Muhammad is Allah's partner in wisdom and in ownership of the earth:

Sahih al-Bukhari 5967
Narrated Mu`adh bin Jabal:
While I was riding behind the Prophet (ﷺ) and between me and him and between me and him there was only the back of the saddle, he said, "0 Mu`adh!" I replied, "Labbaik, 0 Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), and Sa`daik!" he said, "Do you know what is Allah's right upon his slave?" I said, "Allah and His Apostle know best" He said "Allah's right upon his slaves is that they should worship Him alone and not worship anything else besides Him." Then he proceeded for a while and then said, "O Mu`adh bin Jabal!" I replied, "Labbaik, O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ):, Sa`daik!' He said, "Do you know what is the right of the slaves upon Allah if they do that?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know best." He said, "The right of the slaves upon Allah is that He will not punish them (if they do that).

Sahih al-Bukhari 3167
Narrated Abu Huraira:
While we were in the Mosque, the Prophet (ﷺ) came out and said, "Let us go to the Jews" We went out till we reached Bait-ul-Midras. He said to them, "If you embrace Islam, you will be safe. You should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle, and I want to expel you from this land. So, if anyone amongst you owns some property, he is permitted to sell it, otherwise you should know that the Earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle

1 Like

Re: The Significance Of Eid Al Adha by ANTIlSLAM(m): 11:57pm On Jul 22, 2021
AntiChristian:

How many moniker you get here sef?

Mods need to investigate you o

See mumu asking me how many moniker I get here. I'm not like you using two bursted monikers. Iwo ni Rashduct4luv and anti-worefa

Na u mods and DSS go investigate smiley
Re: The Significance Of Eid Al Adha by advocatejare(m): 7:25am On Jul 23, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

See mumu asking me how many moniker I get here. I'm not like you using two bursted monikers. Iwo ni Rashduct4luv and anti-worefa

Don't mind Antichristian, he's confused, he assumes you are the same person as advocatejare. How silly can that be? It's like saying he's the same as Empiree. I don't care anyways, I've been schooling all of them including their father Yusuf Adepoju, omo mi ni gbogbo won

2 Likes

Re: The Significance Of Eid Al Adha by AntiChristian: 11:25am On Jul 23, 2021
advocatejare:

Don't mind Antichristian, he's confused, he assumes you are the same person as advocatejare. How silly can that be? It's like saying he's the same as Empiree. I don't care anyways, I've been schooling all of them including their father Yusuf Adepoju, omo mi ni gbogbo won

Wetin be all this nonsense? You never drop this your bragging attitude. This space is not a competition!

You schooled this? You school that? So you don collect BSc in which school? Empty barrel lo man pariwo!
Re: The Significance Of Eid Al Adha by AntiChristian: 12:01pm On Jul 23, 2021
advocatejare:

Show us where the name of the child to be sacrificed was mentioned in the Quran
You are asking for the Qur'an yet you are quoting Hadith below. Hypocrisy kill you!

What did Muhammad say about such a matter?:

Amr bin Su'aib narrated from his father, from his grandfather, that the Messenger of Allahﷺ said:
"Any man who fornicates with a free woman, or a slave woman, then the child born from Zina does not inherit, nor is it inherited from."
-• Jami` at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 4, Book of Inheritance, Hadith 2113
This applies to Muhammad and all those who follow the laws of Islam till the world ends.

Tell us about the 12 Children of Jacob. Jacob had two wives (Leah and Rachel) and two slave concubines (Bilhah and Zilpah).

Leah had four sons Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun, and Dinah (female).
Rachel gave Jacob her handmaid, Bilhah, (copying Sarah of Abraham), Bilhah gave birth to Dan and Naphtali
Leah then gave her handmaid Zilpah to Jacob in marriage so that Leah could raise more children through her. Zilpah gave birth to Gad and Asher.
Rachael too later had Joseph and Benjamin.
The children of Bilhah and Zilpah were never casted out nor treated like Ishmael despite the same trend. This is prejudice and injustice of the highest order! We always hear of the 12 sons of Jacob/Israel not 8 authentic sons of Israel and 4 outcast sons!

Muhammad is Allah's partner in wisdom and in ownership of the earth:

Sahih al-Bukhari 5967
Narrated Mu`adh bin Jabal:
While I was riding behind the Prophet (ﷺ) and between me and him and between me and him there was only the back of the saddle, he said, "0 Mu`adh!" I replied, "Labbaik, 0 Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), and Sa`daik!" he said, "Do you know what is Allah's right upon his slave?" I said, "Allah and His Apostle know best" He said "Allah's right upon his slaves is that they should worship Him alone and not worship anything else besides Him." Then he proceeded for a while and then said, "O Mu`adh bin Jabal!" I replied, "Labbaik, O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ):, Sa`daik!' He said, "Do you know what is the right of the slaves upon Allah if they do that?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know best." He said, "The right of the slaves upon Allah is that He will not punish them (if they do that).

Sahih al-Bukhari 3167
Narrated Abu Huraira:
While we were in the Mosque, the Prophet (ﷺ) came out and said, "Let us go to the Jews" We went out till we reached Bait-ul-Midras. He said to them, "If you embrace Islam, you will be safe. You should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle, and I want to expel you from this land. So, if anyone amongst you owns some property, he is permitted to sell it, otherwise you should know that the Earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle

All land at any point in time belongs to Allah and His messenger. Noah would have said this to before Allah destroyed the disbelievers in the flood. Moses would have said this too before Pharaoh perished. All the Prophets are the most knowlegeable among the people of their time.
So there's nothing wrong in saying Allah and His Apostle knows best!

We all know Muhammad is the messenger of Allah so no partnership!
Re: The Significance Of Eid Al Adha by advocatejare(m): 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2021
AntiChristian:

Wetin be all this nonsense? You never drop this your bragging attitude. This space is not a competition!

You schooled this? You school that? So you don collect BSc in which school? Empty barrel lo man pariwo!
grin grin grin
E pain am
Re: The Significance Of Eid Al Adha by advocatejare(m): 1:46pm On Jul 23, 2021
AntiChristian:
You are asking for the Qur'an yet you are quoting Hadith below. Hypocrisy kill you!
You guys claim that your Qur'an is complete na, so how come you cant show us the name of the person after which your biggest ritualistic festival is after?

This applies to Muhammad and all those who follow the laws of Islam till the world ends.
Didn't you claim that all the earliest prophets including Abraham were Muslims and that they practised Islam, how come you're changing mouths now

All land at any point in time belongs to Allah and His messenger. Noah would have said this to before Allah destroyed the disbelievers in the flood. Moses would have said this too before Pharaoh perished. All the Prophets are the most knowlegeable among the people of their time.
So there's nothing wrong in saying Allah and His Apostle knows best!

We all know Muhammad is the messenger of Allah so no partnership!
Mention where Moses or other prophets claimed equality with God by claiming joint ownership of the earth with God or where they claimed that their wisdom is the same as that of Allah like Muhammad did

1 Like

Re: The Significance Of Eid Al Adha by AntiChristian: 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2021
advocatejare:

You guys claim that your Qur'an is complete na, so how come you cant show us the name of the person after which your biggest ritualistic festival is after?
Shifting topic

Didn't you claim that all the earliest prophets including Abraham were Muslims and that they practised Islam, how come you're changing mouths now
Shifting topic

Mention where Moses or other prophets claimed equality with God by claiming joint ownership of the earth with God or where they claimed that their wisdom is the same as that of Allah like Muhammad did

Shifting topic
Re: The Significance Of Eid Al Adha by advocatejare(m): 4:20pm On Jul 23, 2021
AntiChristian:
Shifting topic

Shifting topic

Shifting topic
grin
Scroll up, read what you wrote and re read my responses and show us where the "shifting topic" is
Re: The Significance Of Eid Al Adha by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:49pm On Jul 23, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

Whats all this?
Re: The Significance Of Eid Al Adha by ANTIlSLAM(m): 7:09pm On Jul 23, 2021
Rashduct4luv:

Whats all this?

Ask me again
Re: The Significance Of Eid Al Adha by ANTIlSLAM(m): 7:16pm On Jul 23, 2021
advocatejare:

cheesy Antichristian see your life outside

(1) (Reply)

Antidote For Harshness / The First Deed To Be Accounted For / Hajj: 3,500 Pilgrims Depart From Sultan Abubakar, International Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.