Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute (1029 Views)

Buhari Signs Three Bills In Renewed Fight Against Money Laundering, Terrorism / Wike Frustrated Imo-Rivers Boundary Dispute Reconciliatory Efforts - Commission / Igbo Origin: Eze Nri, The Nris, Aguleri, Umuleri, Etc Migrated From Igala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by Mecka: 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2021
There is a renewed land dispute between Aguleri and Umuleri, both in Anambra East local government area, with a 95-year old man, Elder Nnake Chibuzo leading his Ikenga Umueri community in a protest against Aguleri.

The two communities have been engaged in a protracted land dispute that led to the loss of hundreds of lives and property worth millions of naira 20 years ago.

Umuleri people, under the umbrella of Ikenga Umueri Progressive Union (IUPU) accused their neighbours of taking advantage of the government in power to coarse it into changing its identity and ancient ancestral route because their brother is the governor of the state.

The state government had on January 16, 2021,instituted a panel of inquiry to find immediate and remote causes of the crisis and identify, determine and demarcate the boundaries between both communities.

The panel reportedly handed over function to traditional rulers of both communities who were members of the panel. The monarchs later came up with resolutions, which the aggrieved community was not comfortable with.

Chairman of the union, Chief Frank Ibegbunam said the entire resolutions of the Council of Traditional Rulers were rejected by the town as none of its members, aside from him, was part of the
negotiations.

He alleged that their monarch, Sir Ben Emeka acted unilaterally without the consent and approval of the people of the community and rightful owners of the land and urged the boundary committee and the state government to discountenance the said resolution.

He called on both federal and state governments to ensure the implement the white paper and court judgement for peace to be restored in the area.

Ibegbunam said: “This matter has been a torn on our flesh and torture to our brains. We had thought the governor, who is almost eight years in office, would have addressed this matter earlier than now.

“When the panel was set up, we were happy, thinking it would be fair and firm in view of the caliber of its members. But we lost confidence in the process when politics came into it. Even the five monarchs couldn’t intervene. Instead, we saw a stampede playing out.

“It’s unfortunate that we have not got a government that has the willpower to address the matter. Despite our documentary evidence to prove ownership of our property, our neighbors use a game plan to change our identity.”

“The implementation of a white paper concerning the matter will bring everlasting peace to both communities.

Government should also prevail on our representative in the National Assembly and other money bags in our local government to stop causing problems between us.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/anambra-aguleri-umuleri-in-renewed-boundary-dispute/
mynd44
Re: ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by yinkus6750(m): 7:46pm On Jul 21, 2021
Are the two communities not suppose to resolve issues amicably without resorting to loss of lives and destruction if properties?
With the state government panel, a truce should be reached with all parties fully carried along.
Re: ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by Ikwerelastborn: 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2021
Aguleri and umuleri people always acting like Hausa people, I still don't believe they're igbos,they dont behave like one .they could actually be igalas as we're rightly told shocked shocked
Re: ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by ValCon888: 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2021
There's just something about land that makes people fight and die for it. Attached to it is pride, glory, honour, and the natural resources on the land.

Land is the most contentious source of conflict in Nigeria and rightly so too.
Re: ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by kokoA(m): 8:19pm On Jul 21, 2021
This people again? I remember back then in my primary school days the only news on radio then was Aguleri /Umuleri crisis. Another popular one was Ife/Modakeke.
Re: ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by nairavsdollars(f): 8:20pm On Jul 21, 2021
Them take fight swear for those people?
Re: ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by EMAXIM(m): 8:33pm On Jul 21, 2021
I'm not sure they are Igbos.
Re: ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by Almaigaa: 9:49pm On Jul 21, 2021
IGALAS are hell bent on reclaiming their ancestral LANDS from IGBO setlers in Anambra. grin

Re: ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by Almaigaa: 9:50pm On Jul 21, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:
Aguleri and umuleri people always acting like Hausa people, I still don't believe they're igbos,they dont behave like one .they could actually be igalas as we're rightly told shocked shocked

The fight is between IGALAS and IGBOS.
Re: ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by Sammy07: 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2021
kokoA:
This people again? I remember back then in my primary school days the only news on radio then was Aguleri /Umuleri crisis. Another popular one was Ife/Modakeke.

Ife/Modakeke war originally isn't about Land.
Nah some kind Of superiority and control
Re: ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by Ikwerelastborn: 12:09am On Jul 22, 2021
Almaigaa:

The fight is between IGALAS and IGBOS.
What tribe are you
Re: ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by Almaigaa: 6:01am On Jul 22, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:

What tribe are you

Igbo.
Re: ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by Ikwerelastborn: 9:09am On Jul 22, 2021
Almaigaa:

Igbo.
I dont think so, because you seem to be an igbo hater and divider ,which state and local government are you from?

1 Like

Re: ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by Almaigaa: 1:28pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:

I dont think so, because you seem to be an igbo hater and divider ,which state and local government are you from?

I'm from Ohafia in Ohafia local Government Area of Abia State
Re: ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by fourboys: 1:53pm On Jul 22, 2021
embarassed embarassed
Re: ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by OnyeOlokoro(m): 2:19pm On Jul 22, 2021
Almaigaa:

Where in Ohafia ?

1 Like

Re: ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by Almaigaa: 2:25pm On Jul 22, 2021
OnyeOlokoro:

Where in Ohafia ?

From Nkporo, Okwe Ezeaja Iwoo Ancient Kingdom .
Re: ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by Obdk: 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
Almaigaa:

From Nkporo, Okwe Ezeaja Iwoo Ancient Kingdom .
nkporo in iragbiji osun state abi

2 Likes

Re: ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by Ikwerelastborn: 5:48pm On Jul 22, 2021
Almaigaa:

Lol,i thought you were even from a better state, I didn't even know is a shithole state.Besides ohafia people are not even igbos, you are more of ibibio and efik mixture with igbo neighbours like Arochukwu and Edda people. Other igbos can't even understand your dialect ,is it not true?
Re: ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:
of course they are igala seeking to take back their land from you
Re: ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by Almaigaa: 6:37pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:

Lol,i thought you were even from a better state, I didn't even know is a shithole state.Besides ohafia people are not even igbos, you are more of ibibio and efik mixture with igbo neighbours like Arochukwu and Edda people. Other igbos can't even understand your dialect ,is it not true?

Hmmm. This is the reason why I've decided that, I WILL NEVER BE PART OF YOUR BIAFRA. I'm relocating to the NORTH where I'll enjoy peace, safety and security. grin

Re: ANAMBRA: Aguleri/ Umuleri In Renewed Boundary Dispute by Ikwerelastborn: 8:16am On Jul 23, 2021
Almaigaa:

Hmmm. This is the reason why I've decided that, I WILL NEVER BE PART OF YOUR BIAFRA. I'm relocating to the NORTH where I'll enjoy peace, safety and security. grin
Kee kwanu k'osi gbasam, ichókwanu Ije na nke ndi ibibio bu umunne unu

(1) (Reply)

Ibaka Deep Seaport Saga: The Way Forward / Breaking. Turkish Government alleged Sponsoring Terrorism In Nigeria / Court Case:Dapo Apara Alleged Tinubu Used Alpha Beta To Launder N300 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.