Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri (65805 Views)

How The Binis Enslaved Igbo People For Centuries - Reno Omokri (VIDEO) / Exposed!!! Why Fulanis See Igbos As Their Worst Enemy / After Selling Assets, FG May Sell Nigerians As Slaves To Fund Budget - Afenifere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Shokoloko(f): 6:13pm On Jul 22, 2021
Starzo:

you Sabi read at all?

Yes I know how to read. Now where did you get that tall tale from?
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Starzo: 6:14pm On Jul 22, 2021
Psalmistproject:

Are you ok? Go and read history, most of the slaves sold by bini Empire ( the most powerful empire in West Africa as at that time) were either kidnapped or victims of pillage and plundering, Just like what bandits are doing today. They go to isolated villages, lay siege on it, burn it down and kidnap sellable souls remaining. They did this with the support of western powers across the entire southern region to other ethnic groups.
Just like he said, he is not proud of it.

ISRAELITES WERE SLAVES IN EGYPT FOR MANY CENTURIES, BUT TODAY WHO IS EGYPT WHERE ISRAEL DEY?

HEAR THIS, IGBOS ARE GOD'S PEOPLE. YOU CAN'T KEEP THEM DOWN FOR LONG.
okay, whatever you say.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by orisa37: 6:14pm On Jul 22, 2021
Please release your Clue to the seven******* word.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by lifeisgood12: 6:15pm On Jul 22, 2021
DriveByKiller:
you're the product of a broken educational system and an offshoot of social media feed.

Olukumis are slaves in Igbo land who bear Igbo names , speak Igbo in the open and only speak ther corrupt language behind closed doors.

I wouldn't want to tell you your own history with hot slaps to your stupid face again.
ode they migrated from southwest to new land during war times. Yes they bear igbo name cause there has been a special bond between the two. Same thing goes for fulanis in ilorin bearing yoruba names.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by DriveByKiller: 6:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
lifeisgood12:

ode they migrated from southwest to new land during war times. Yes they bear igbo name cause there has been a special bond between the two. Same thing goes for fulanis in ilorin bearing yoruba names.
thanks for affirming my assertions, bro.

Now slither back into that pit latrine, toilet bug.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by lifeisgood12: 6:19pm On Jul 22, 2021
DriveByKiller:
thanks for affirming my assertions, bro.

Now slither back into that pit latrine, toilet bug.
tell your mother i said hello. grin She was screaming my name last night. U dirty Plonker
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Sanchez01: 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2021
sylve11:

Did Reno mention Ijo and Urhobo? cool
Not sure our people sold Igbos as slaves but the Ijaw people did that. Itsekiri, Bini and Ijaw primarily traded Igbos as slaves.

2 Likes

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2021
iSlayer:
This history most likely connects Ikwerre too. They are all Bini slaves from time.

Yeah, I thought as much

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by zinizta: 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2021
Chris525:

When you conquer an area, you don’t have to go into every of its towns and villages to do so. Once you attack and capture its seat of power, it’s considered that you have captured the whole area under the influence of that power.

It is for a reason that the Oba of Lagos is in Eko yet he is not called Oba of Eko but Oba of Lagos. But the Oba of badagry is called Oba of badagry not Oba of Lagos. Now do you get?

What is a seat of power

We are talking precolonial Nigeria you are talking seat of power
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by KingOdart(m): 6:21pm On Jul 22, 2021
Chris525:

First things first. If you take it I’m standing brief for the binis pls dont bother writing any further. I’m telling history as I understand it to be from extensive research. After all this kingdom we are talking about where is it today??

The bini history is hard to refute you know why. Its well elaborated in both the portuguese and british text by the colonials when they arrived. Read up what they had to say about the city and the people. A text had it they were the most developed. Their history is also well grounded. None of these areas had anything close to what binis had going on and in the power system of the time could never had rubbed off on their superiors. Culture like water travels from a high point (strong point) to a low point (weak point).

And this is also why the culture of our colonial masters rubbed off on us and not the other way round.

How were you the most developed when you even learned your bronze casting from Ile ife and Yoruba?

Keep deceiving yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by KingOdart(m): 6:26pm On Jul 22, 2021
DriveByKiller:
you're the product of a broken educational system and an offshoot of social media feed.

Olukumis are slaves in Igbo land who bear Igbo names , speak Igbo in the open and only speak ther corrupt language behind closed doors.

I wouldn't want to tell you your own history with hot slaps to your stupid face again.

Olukunmi are not slaves you are the one that lack knowledge and Education

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by DriveByKiller: 6:28pm On Jul 22, 2021
lifeisgood12:

tell your mother i said hello. grin She was screaming my name last night. U dirty Plonker
your mother would still be the cheapest item on JiJi if your classless father didn't buy her off the digital shelf.

Still I could have been your father if I didn't have to wait my turn with your mom.

You're the progeny of everything that could ever go wrong in creation when your life hasn't even assuage for the 5 minutes of sweat your daddy perspired to sire a dumbwitted emo-bitch like you.

N.B....don't go parental expletives with me, dem go carry your dead body for here[i][/i]
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Boudiccao: 6:29pm On Jul 22, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
hmmm i always wondered why igbos carry catholic for head like gala. that father mbaka thinks he is the pope with his catholic outfit

Igbos love for the Catholic faith started during and after the Biafran war because the Irish Catholics supported Biafra with food and relief materials when you Nigerians wanted to exterminate Igbos with starvation.

Those White Priest, Sisters and Relief workers you see in Biafran war videos are Irish and Catholic.

I am not Catholic myself but I know that Igbos have a long standing relationship with Catholism and Ireland and we just respect that.
Igbos do things for a reason.
You should read more instead of Wondering.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by UDUJ(m): 6:29pm On Jul 22, 2021
jneutron4000:
hahahaha ok sorry for the insults but how on earth will you post a link from Edo and expect them to put historical facts that those not suit their narratives. Let me educate you further on historical events. Bellow is a video documentary done by British also narrating the work of a German anthropologist who made some findings, now pay attention to the video and extra attention to the video from the clip 4:00mins where he stated clearly that the oral traditions from the Binins of that era told them that they learn their bronze casting skills from the people of Ile Ife. See when it comes to saying the truth in regards to past events the white are always honest that is why White Americans will tell the truth that America is a land of Immigrants. This video, was not done by the Yorubas neither did the Yorubas narrated that Binins learnt bronze casting from Ile Ife, it was actually narrated by the Binis theirselve the honest ones in those days not this one of this era trying to twist history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa0st_aMjmA

Now this response I like and respect cool

Some good points there and the video helped as well.

There are so many conflicting stories hovering around concerning the true origins of the Bini and Yoruba kingdoms and this is where the confusion comes from.

Thanks once again for the info. We learn everyday cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by DriveByKiller: 6:30pm On Jul 22, 2021
KingOdart:

Olukunmi are not slaves you are the one that lack knowledge and Education

product of 5 minutes Google education, no one takes wiki seriously. It's editable. Just take a look at the grammatical errors in the wiki page you screenshot.

Get me a better source of get lost.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by chrisxxx(m): 6:30pm On Jul 22, 2021
Boudiccao:

Ikwerre is an Igbo dialect and more intelligible and clear than even some dialects in the East. Can you tell us what makes Ikwerre igboid?
Ikwerre people and their perpetual identity crisis.
You want me to be you isn't it?
Me I want you to be sub-Ikwerre. What is there? Don't look at the sizes as truth and morality are not always democratically decided.

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by lifeisgood12: 6:31pm On Jul 22, 2021
DriveByKiller:
your mother would still be the cheapest item on JiJi if your classless father didn't buy her off the digital wall.

Still I could have been your father if I didn't have to wait my turn with your mom.

You're the progeny of everything that could ever go wrong in creation when your life hasn't even assuage for the 5 minutes of sweat your daddy perspired to sire a dumbwitted emo-bitch like you.

N.B....don't go parental expletives with me, dem go carry your dead body for here[i][/i]
shh shh i saw your mother on the side of the road and took her home. she even told me i did a better job than ur father. grin. I might become your step father u know. disgusting Tosser
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Vitally123: 6:33pm On Jul 22, 2021
Busy body, from pillar to post! Is that the only work you have to do? Igbo this, Igbo that, must you put the Igbo in all your discussions? Yet you're not better than anyone of them. NTOOR, Who God has blessed, no man can curse.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by KingOdart(m): 6:33pm On Jul 22, 2021
DriveByKiller:
product of 5 minutes Google education, no one takes wiki seriously. It's editable.

Get me a better source of get lost.

You are the one that need to get lost

Provide the historical evidence or something that is close to Wikipedia that stated that you captured them as slaves. Look for it on the internet and let's see
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by DriveByKiller: 6:35pm On Jul 22, 2021
lifeisgood12:

shh shh i saw your mother on the side of the road and took her home. she even told me i did a better job than ur father. grin. I might become your step father u know. disgusting Tosser
I saw your mama at the side of the road.... what kind of a primary six standard line is this? God go punish you and the idiot when give you phone join MTN when give a slow-wit like you free data.

Oya take PhD mama dis:

Your mother would still be the Giuliani Buffon of prostitutes, standing in the village gates catching random dicks under the rain if your dumb father didn't plant an ape like you in her womb.

Sidown for corner cry small....I dey wait you with another bomb. grin
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Priwillo: 6:37pm On Jul 22, 2021
We would have understood better if we weren't denied history in school
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by DriveByKiller: 6:38pm On Jul 22, 2021
KingOdart:

You are the one that need to get lost

Provide the historical evidence or something that is close to Wikipedia that stated that you captured them as slaves. Look for it on the internet and let's see
it's someone with your educational standard that wrote that page on wiki.

You no dey see grammatical errors for the wiki link?

Abi akpu plus ewedu dome block your brain?
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by lifeisgood12: 6:39pm On Jul 22, 2021
DriveByKiller:
I saw your mama at the side of the road.... what kind of a primary six standard line is this? God go punish you and the idiot when give you phone join MTN when give a slow-wit like you free data.

Oya take PhD mama dis:

Your mother would still be the Giuliani Buffon of prostitutes, standing in the village gates catching random dicks under the rain if your dumb father didn't plant an ape like you in her womb.

Sidown for corner cry small....I dey wait you with another bomb. grin
go and sleep son while me and your mama have some fun. grin. All na cruise oh. dont take it serious
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by DriveByKiller: 6:41pm On Jul 22, 2021
lifeisgood12:

go and sleep son while me and your mama have some fun. grin. All na cruise oh. dont take it serious
grin grin grin smallie you be troll apprentice. You still dey learn work...

Make I fire you again.....
You're worse than an indigent bastard. your kind of condition is what Italians call Figlio di putana, a child conceived in a whorehouse by a regular male customer with a new prostitute, abandoned by both and raised by charity.

Who is to say I didn't warn you on what's to come? cheesy

Not my fault kid...
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Boudiccao: 6:42pm On Jul 22, 2021
chrisxxx:

You want me to be you isn't it?
Me I want you to be sub-Ikwerre. What is there? Don't look at the sizes as truth and morality are not always democratically decided.

Stop deflecting. Ikwerre is an igbo dialect more intelligible than some Igbo dialects regardless of how you choose to identify yourself today.
There is nothing igboid about Ikwerre. It is an Igbo dialect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Almaigaa: 6:42pm On Jul 22, 2021
iSlayer:

Lol. Ika are slaves.

Ika and IGBO are same

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:44pm On Jul 22, 2021
iSlayer:
I said it! I've always known this Ika people are slaves. No two ways about it! Let Ika people talk again from now going forward we will show them their receipt of slavery. Tweh!
He is making reference to Aniocha/ Oshimili people not Ika.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by KingOdart(m): 6:44pm On Jul 22, 2021
DriveByKiller:
it's someone with your educational standard that wrote that page on wiki.

You no dey see grammatical errors for the wiki link?

Abi akpu plus ewedu dome block your brain?

You are clearly a nitwit with cognitive disorder

I told you to provide something close to that to back up your claim that Olukumi people are captured slaves but you are dishing insults, typical of a buffoon like you that is incapable of discussing intelligently
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by DriveByKiller: 6:47pm On Jul 22, 2021
KingOdart:

You are clearly a nitwit with cognitive disorder

I told you to provide something close to that to back up your claim that Olukumi people were captured slaves but you are dishing innuendos, typical of a buffoon like you that is incapable of discussing intelligently
you were either born with brain lesions or took a fall with your head the minute you were born.

If you studied geography, you will understand that there's no logical proximity that brought them to Igbo land except a failed war expedition.
You have the brain powers of a 7 year-old with down syndrome so you will keep looking for a source you lack the mental architecture to decipher.

Orue!
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by DriveByKiller: 6:49pm On Jul 22, 2021
lifeisgood12:

'sup kid? grin grin grin how's it going?
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Benitoh: 6:50pm On Jul 22, 2021
All this just because of obi cubana. Obi shouldn't have sideline some people. Look at what envy and anger can do to a learned person. Please you people should forget and forgive him.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (32) (Reply)

Osinbajo Receives Hostile Reception From South-West Delegates / Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians / How Atiku Abubakar Was Received In Kaduna With ‘Nigeria Sai Buhari' (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.