Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,599 members, 7,861,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:15 PM

How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri (66435 Views)

How The Binis Enslaved Igbo People For Centuries - Reno Omokri (VIDEO) / Exposed!!! Why Fulanis See Igbos As Their Worst Enemy / After Selling Assets, FG May Sell Nigerians As Slaves To Fund Budget - Afenifere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 22, 2021
tobstarizhia:

Don't be moronic. Claiming Bayelsa having ties to Edo is same as claiming Igbo having ties with Edo, even Ibibio join. Face it, minority. You don't matter in Nigeria's affairs. And keep saying you'll defeat the Igbos in combat. I can only laugh. With what will you use? Your people are peasant farmers. You're not armed. You'll be wiped out in a day. The only thing that's saving you is that most Igbos don't treat you like we do Fulanis.
Igbos are being marginalized, don't be deceived with wazobia, don't take that too serious. Edo tribes exists from Benin, to Delta states, all the way to Warri. The entire South south. Ibos have never won any battle, always being killed like rats cos they roam everywhere like hungry hyenas grin

2 Likes

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by tobstarizhia(m): 10:56pm On Jul 22, 2021
Meninmen:

Ignorant comment. read about the old Benin kingdom and how it extended to far away present day Ghana before Nigeria was created!

Reno's comment is painful. I understand. Sorry.

Then you should bury your head in shame. Look how small that "GREAT" kingdom is today. If Nigeria didn't happen, who knows Edo would no longer exist, given the rate at which your "GREAT" kingdom has been shrinking. Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, everybody have been taking your land acre by acre such that when the British came and finished the job all that was left was an unidentifiable ruin.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 22, 2021
BKayy:

Bini no dey talk again and no matter what, we are taking our land (Igodomigodo) back.
I thank Omokri for reestablishing grin our ancestral ties to the city of Warri.
Like the person that asked her question "I have also known that Warri is part of Igboland"

Look at this clown? Wetin Benin wan talk? Continue claiming Benin on Nairaland. Na why una Biafra no go fit materialize grin grin. Even if Biafra come to pass, it will be the 5 south eastern states ( that's if Ebonyi state will join you people grin grin). Continue to day dream on Nairaland.

Benins sold the igbos as slaves. It's painful. I understand. In an attempt to cover your pain, you say igbos go claim Benin. Online comedian.

Maybe you don't know that some of your igbo names and names of some of your towns in igbo land originated from Benin! Painful too, but fact!

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 22, 2021
[quote author=iSl
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 22, 2021
ThickSharon123:

Which South South...don't let Ibomites and Cross-Riverians catch you... We Igbos are nice, but those men don't agree grin

South-south, I'm sure a majority of them would disagree with you, dear. Bring it as a topic and let's see some southerners reaction to it. Bring it the way, you told me now. Chicken-livered slowpoke. grin
Take this home, you guys know your masters, you guys are afraid of us...don't let us enslave you again...well thank your stars for civilization grin

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 22, 2021
Meninmen:

Look at this clown? Wetin Benin wan talk? Continue claiming Benin on Nairaland. Na why una Biafra no go fit materialize grin grin. Even if Biafra come to pass, it will be the 5 south eastern states ( that's if Ebonyi state will join you people grin grin). Continue to day dream on Nairaland.

Benins sold the igbos as slaves. It's painful. I understand. In an attempt to cover your pain, you say igbos go claim Benin. Online comedian.

Maybe you don't know that some of your igbo names and names of some of your towns in igbo land originated from Benin! Painful too, but fact!
Their life is full of fiction, people wey no get pride or heritage, no wonder everywhere you go, you see them, even desert...that is why abokis too enslave them, nothing dey their place.

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Emilokoiyawon: 11:00pm On Jul 22, 2021
Meninmen:
[s]Look at this one whose oba of Lagos was until recently being buried in Benin talking trash.Go read your history well and know how the Benins sold some yorubas as slaves! He wants to use present Benin in Nigeria to compare old Bini kingdom whose boundary even extended up to present day Ghana. Because una get 5 south western states in Nigeria can't distort precolonial history.[/s]

And the heads of Bini obas were buried in Ile-Ife. We even taught you sub-humans how to make bronze sculptures. Cover your head in shame. Go and sit in the bush. You are not worthy to hold a conversation with me. I am God to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa0st_aMjmA&t=2s
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by tobstarizhia(m): 11:00pm On Jul 22, 2021
Meninmen:

There is no denying that Benin was great. But tell Greece or Egypt to attack the UK or the US and you'll see if they don't curse you that you want make them die. All your glory is long dead. All that's left of the Great Benin Empire is ruins and inconsequential villages that no one gives a damn about.

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
emonis88:
Now let me try to expanciate from my deduction on what Reno said. The Binis where slave traders n part of d business of slave trading was to go into d hinder land n kidnap as many people as possible n sell them as slaves. So I other words d Binis where great kidnappers then. So it was a business for them to kidnap people n sell them as slaves to make money.

No. What Reno is implying is that these places were conquered by the Benins and some of their people sold as slaves.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by ThickSharon123(f): 11:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
distributeinc:

Take this home, you guys know your masters, you guys are afraid of us...don't let us enslave you again...well thank your stars for civilization grin

Funny grin..
He has nothing to say but blab. grin...
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Tranquill: 11:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
emonis88:
Now let me try to expanciate from my deduction on what Reno said. The Binis where slave traders n part of d business of slave trading was to go into d hinder land n kidnap as many people as possible n sell them as slaves. So I other words d Binis where great kidnappers then. So it was a business for them to kidnap people n sell them as slaves to make money.

Read the coffession of Dilibe Onyeama an Igbo man from Enugu, the brother to the current minister of foreign affairs about his grandfathers involvement in slave trade, you'll know who the kidnappers are.

My grandfather captured and sold slaves - Dilibe Onyeama
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53444752

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Emilokoiyawon: 11:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
Meninmen:
[s]Ignorant comment. read about the old Benin kingdom and how it extended to far away present day Ghana before Nigeria was created!
Reno's comment is painful. I understand. Sorry.[/s]

Lies. No evidence your small village extended beyond upper Iweka road let alone beyond Edo.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
GBOKASINCHA:
Lol last last the benin and current itsekiri no fit look any igbo man for face 2 shithole tribes their entire women are in italy and the youths are wasting away in cultism in uniben

Including your igbo brothers who are in jails in Malaysia, Phillipines, Indonesia etc waiting to be hanged for drug peddling! grin

3 Likes

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by BabaIbo: 11:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
distributeinc:

A lot of Ibos in Benin were lynched, they paid a price. Of course FG is in charge of the entire nation, and naturally the army will intervene. In history your people have always been conquered by Benin, this is fact. What you are saying is mere wishes, if Ibos ever had the power to attack Benin they could have done so, but history has shown you that, Ibos were once slaves to Benin. All states of the South south emanated from Benin, the tribes transcend present day Benin city. Idiot.

Keep kwayet please!

When major tribes are discussing, you sit and learn.

In that war, conquering Edo was never a thing, Edo ke Edo bawo...
You must be d**b o, you are making your self relevant.

The target was the seat of power in Lagos.

When it comes to slaving every tribe were slaved at different points.

The slaves referred to here were never direct slaves but more or less kidnapping of people for slavery.

Igbos were also involved in slave trade, infact they were the major traders.
Your d**b skull didn't tell you that those slaves were also majorly from other tribes.

So, in your myopic mind, you think Benin conquered all Igbo land and take them as slaves.

Aswear you be big f**l.

3 Likes

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by kissCleo: 11:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
C curse flying everywhere! Take it easy oooh, na just history b dis ooo, go and make money ooo!
Meanwhile......
Oba ghato kpere Iseee ooo cool

EDO ODION oooo wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 22, 2021
Emilokoiyawon:

Lies. No evidence your small village extended beyond upper Iweka road let alone beyond Edo.

grin grin grin. Where are you from in present day Nigeria let me tell you something in your state that lays credence to the fact that the old Benin Kingdom extended to your present day state grin

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by tobstarizhia(m): 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2021
distributeinc:

Igbos are being marginalized, don't be deceived with wazobia, don't take that too serious. Edo tribes exists from Benin, to Delta states, all the way to Warri. The entire South south. Ibos have never won any battle, always being killed like rats cos they roam everywhere like hungry hyenas grin

Igbos exist in those said places, they also make up large part of individual countries in Cameroon, Gabon, equatorial guinea, Jamaica, Barbados, etc. Keep quiet when the adults are talking. Do you know how many wars the Igbos have fought. Your Lord and savior is that the contraption exist, let Igbos invade and your people tell us you don't want Biafra, we'll do to you what the Turks did to the Armenians or what the Germans did to the Jews, bloody minority. Igbos are civil, that's why we'll even bother to ask. Thank your stars it's not the Fulanis.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Emilokoiyawon: 11:11pm On Jul 22, 2021
Meninmen:
[s]grin grin grin. Where are you from in present day Nigeria let me tell you something in your state that lays credence to the fact that the old Benin Kingdom extended to your present day state grin[/s]

Guy stop lying. I have been to bini. My village is bigger than bini. Go and sell your propaganda somewhere else. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 22, 2021
tobstarizhia:

There is no denying that Benin was great. But tell Greece or Egypt to attack the UK or the US and you'll see if they don't curse you that you want make them die. All your glory is long dead. All that's left of the Great Benin Empire is ruins and inconsequential villages that no one gives a damn about.

Lol. Your example doesn't make sense. Greece/Egypt vs US/UK are different Countries.

We are talking of tribes within a particular country (Nigeria). The igbos never had any Glory, talkless of a dead glory grin

As for villages, I Know you Know some of the thickest, ancient and dirty villages can be found in places like Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu. Some people in these places don't know what a tarred road looks like.

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by tobstarizhia(m): 11:12pm On Jul 22, 2021
Tranquill:

Read the coffession of Dilibe Onyeama an Igbo man from Enugu, the brother to the current minister of foreign affairs about his grandfathers involvement in slave trade, you'll know who the kidnappers are.

My grandfather captured and sold slaves - Dilibe Onyeama
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53444752

The slave trade isn't even an admirable thing. Most tribes participated as both captors and captees at some point. We should always be ashamed of what our ancestors did regarding the slave trade, not hold it as trophies.

On another note, the minority Binis, would be wiped out in a day should the Igbos choose to invade Edo, not to pass through on their way to Lagos like the Biafrans did, but to invade and take possession of.

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 22, 2021
tobstarizhia:

Igbos exist in those said places, they also make up large part of individual countries in Cameroon, Gabon, equatorial guinea, Jamaica, Barbados, etc. Keep quiet when the adults are talking. Do you know how many wars the Igbos have fought. Your Lord and savior is that the contraption exist, let Igbos invade and your people tell us you don't want Biafra, we'll do to you what the Turks did to the Armenians or what the Germans did to the Jews, bloody minority. Igbos are civil, that's why we'll even bother to ask. Thank your stars it's not the Fulanis.
Loud mouth, boasters as usual, the same way Ojukwu bragged and got 2million of your people killed, mothers raped grin

Same loud mouth of Nzeogwu that made him gave the interview after killing Sardauna and Ahmadu Bello, that started the progrom that got your people roasted like barbeques across the North. Your mouth has never served you well grin

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by BENEAMATA: 11:14pm On Jul 22, 2021
19 fathoms ( pages ) deep and still descending .nairalanders never disappoint . Reno , hope you are happy . . . .
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by tobstarizhia(m): 11:15pm On Jul 22, 2021
Meninmen:

Lol. Your example doesn't make sense. Greece/Egypt vs US/UK are different Countries.

We are talking of tribes within a particular country (Nigeria). The igbos never had any Glory, talkless of a dead glory grin

As for villages, I Know you Know some of the thickest, ancient and dirty villages can be found in places like Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu. Some people in these places don't know what a tarred road looks like.

Tribes and nations are no different. Before colonization, there were only nations. Check Eastern Europe and you'll see what I mean. Edo is a village through and through. There's hardly any town not to talk of cities, I wonder whether humans even live there. The only developed building in Edo is the Oba's palace. grin

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 22, 2021
tobstarizhia:

The slave trade isn't even an admirable thing. Most tribes participated as both captors and captees at some point. We should always be ashamed of what our ancestors did regarding the slave trade, not hold it as trophies.

On another note, the minority Binis, would be wiped out in a day should the Igbos choose to invade Edo, not to pass through on their way to Lagos like the Biafrans did, but to invade and take possession of.
Your Biafran forces were rag tag, they were fighting a war of attrition. Nigeria armed forces is in charge of all security in Nigeria, so no fight between ibo and Edo...tribes with military prowess did their thing when it was free for all, Ibos had no military power. We heard of Benin Empire warriors, Ashante warriors, fulani jihadists conquest etc, I never heard of any prehistoric ibo army before the amalgamation that did conquests. You jungle animals were still hiding in your caves, when we were colonizing other tribes, towns and nations...Shut the fck up, and stop making wishes. Talk reality, you guys never attacked or conquered any tribe in history cos you were weak. Historically strong tribes colonize weak tribes. Once a slave, always a slave.

3 Likes

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by tobstarizhia(m): 11:18pm On Jul 22, 2021
distributeinc:

Loud mouth, boasters as usual, the same way Ojukwu bragged and got 2million of your people killed, mothers raped grin

Same loud mouth of Nzeogwu that made him gave the interview after killing Sardauna and Ahmadu Bello, that started the progrom that got your people roasted like barbeques across the North. Your mouth has never served you well grin

Your people are too small to matter I swear. If you check the Nigerian history books, several chapters are dedicated to Igbos and our awesomeness alone. Your Edo don't even have 2 pages mention. grin only the Whites gave a damn, and that's because they were Plundering and stealing you blind and totally obliterating your people almost wiping them from the map. Now that theyve taken everything from you, hardly if ever do Edos get a mention in world affairs.

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by BabaIbo: 11:21pm On Jul 22, 2021
YomiOlofin:

But they were originally captured from you guys who call other people cowards...

Don't be d**b...

It was not a war-like scenario, it is more like raiding people going to the stream, farms etc for slave purpose i.e kidnapping for slavery.

Not like they attacked and captured the town. Where did you see "capture" in his write-up?
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 22, 2021
tobstarizhia:

Your people are too small to matter I swear. If you check the Nigerian history books, several chapters are dedicated to Igbos and our awesomeness alone. Your Edo don't even have 2 pages mention. grin
I see why you guys are mentally slow, most of you are products of rape grin

Abokis show una sisters pussy pepper, most of una na aboki bastard kids, no wonder una think same way...very dumb grin

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by tobstarizhia(m): 11:23pm On Jul 22, 2021
distributeinc:

Your Biafran forces were rag tag, they were fighting a war of attrition. Nigeria armed forces is in charge of all security in Nigeria, so no fight between ibo and Edo...tribes with military prowess did their thing when it was free for all, Ibos had no military power. We heard of Benin Empire warriors, Ashante warriors, fulani jihadists conquest etc, I never heard of any prehistoric ibo army before the amalgamation that did conquests. You jungle animals were still hiding in your caves, when we were colonizing other tribes, towns and nations...Shut the fck up, and stop making wishes. Talk reality, you guys never attacked or conquered any tribe in history cos you were weak. Historically strong tribes colonize weak tribes. Once a slave, always a slave.

And look at your people now grin minorities.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nisiw365: 11:23pm On Jul 22, 2021
Walkee:
lol. What does idumu mean in Yoruba?
What does Ẹki mean in Yoruba?
Idimu means so many meanings. Example is fight. Eko is the short form of ereko. You can't claim you control Lagos and yet Yoruba is the only language spoken , only Yoruba kings are in Lagos and only yoruba sub tribes.
Now I'm asking you again, why is non of your lineage a king in Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 22, 2021
tobstarizhia:

And look at your people now grin minorities.
Nigeria divided into states fool, look at Nigeria, who is crying today grin

Which people are always being killed like rats grin

Which people are parasites, disturbing every region with their poor people, it's Ibos, only abokis come close. Ibos and abokis are Nigeria's problem. Warri, Delta, Bayelsa, all have Edo people. It was one Bendel before it was divided further, I bet your empty head don't know this.

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 22, 2021
Emilokoiyawon:

And the heads of Bini obas were buried in Ile-Ife. We even taught you sub-humans how to make bronze sculptures. Cover your head in shame. Go and sit in the bush. You are not worthy to hold a conversation with me. I am God to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa0st_aMjmA&t=2s

E pain am grin grin. So you are not aware that yorubas came from the Benins? Mumu wey nor know him history.

First, there is no record of any Oba of Benin buried in Ile-ife. The Obas of Benin have their burial ground in Udo, an outskirt of Benin in Edo state. But Lagos was an extension of the old Benin kingdom. I know you know Eko is a Benin word and previous Obas of Lagos paid homage and tributes to oba of Benin.

Read this write up by a Yoruba historian, then you will know your history! grin

https://www.edo-nation.net/sowunmi1.htm

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by BabaIbo: 11:34pm On Jul 22, 2021
distributeinc:

I see why you guys are mentally slow, most of you are products of rape grin

Abokis show una sisters pussy pepper, most of una na aboki bastard kids, no wonder una think same way...very dumb grin

How many of your brothers and sisters were brought back from Libya the other time?
How many are still stranded?

Those Aboki you mentioned, ask them wetin their eyes see early years after independence.

Your village is not even up to Oba and you are running your mouth like a tap.

When it comes to national affairs, you just have to keep sh*t and learn from the elders.

Have you forgotten what an Igboman did to your oba some years ago so soon? grin cheesy
That is just one man o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (32) (Reply)

Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters / Peter Obi: We Won The 2023 Presidential Election / Ihedioha Demolishes Freedom Park That Okorocha Built (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.