Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:39 PM

We Need Solid Mineral Group Here! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / We Need Solid Mineral Group Here! (401 Views)

Oyebanji Seeks Fg’s Support For Solid Mineral Development / We Need Our National ID Cards / Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need Solid Mineral Group Here! by nkpommpko(m): 12:28pm On Jul 22, 2021
The solid mineral sector of this country is underlooked at, but this sector can easily empower Nigerians. Because it still needs alot of exposure, Young and intelligent people get involved ,alot can be achieved. There are alot going on underground we are not hearing, billion's of naira not being channeled properly, foreign investment losses.
We need to open up this sector.
Lead ore, wolframite, kunzite, tantalite, manganese ore iron ore etc all in Nigeria.
Re: We Need Solid Mineral Group Here! by ozome15(m): 1:09pm On Jul 22, 2021
What do u know about coal marning
Re: We Need Solid Mineral Group Here! by nkpommpko(m): 7:49pm On Jul 22, 2021
ozome15:
What do u know about coal marning
Coal was first discovered in Nigeria in 1909 at the Udi Ridge in Enugu by a British mines engineer, Albert Kitson. Kitson had been prospecting for silver. By 1914, the year of Nigeria’s amalgamation, the first consignment of coal made its way to the United Kingdom from the newly created ports at Port Harcourt.

By 1916, the Ogbete Mine was in full operation and in that year alone, it yielded 24,511 metric tons of coal. Over time, other mines sprang up in the region which became the modern day Enugu State. Coal production hit an all-time high of 790,030 metric tonnes before it faced a steady decline due to reasons discussed below, which resulted in many of the mines being abandoned. Currently Nigeria’s coal deposit is estimated at about 2.8 billon metric tons. Google is your friend.
Re: We Need Solid Mineral Group Here! by ozome15(m): 8:13pm On Jul 22, 2021
nkpommpko:
Coal was first discovered in Nigeria in 1909 at the Udi Ridge in Enugu by a British mines engineer, Albert Kitson. Kitson had been prospecting for silver. By 1914, the year of Nigeria’s amalgamation, the first consignment of coal made its way to the United Kingdom from the newly created ports at Port Harcourt.

By 1916, the Ogbete Mine was in full operation and in that year alone, it yielded 24,511 metric tons of coal. Over time, other mines sprang up in the region which became the modern day Enugu State. Coal production hit an all-time high of 790,030 metric tonnes before it faced a steady decline due to reasons discussed below, which resulted in many of the mines being abandoned. Currently Nigeria’s coal deposit is estimated at about 2.8 billon metric tons. Google is your friend.
I know all this one am from enugu, udi LGA. what am asking do u know the prosse invival in coal marning.
Re: We Need Solid Mineral Group Here! by nkpommpko(m): 10:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
ozome15:

I know all this one am from enugu, udi LGA. what am asking do u know the prosse invival in coal marning.
please I don't understand the English you are speaking?
Re: We Need Solid Mineral Group Here! by iyofason: 8:32am On Jul 23, 2021
nkpommpko:
The solid mineral sector of this country is underlooked at, but this sector can easily empower Nigerians. Because it still needs alot of exposure, Young and intelligent people get involved ,alot can be achieved. There are alot going on underground we are not hearing, billion's of naira not being channeled properly, foreign investment losses.
We need to open up this sector.
Lead ore, wolframite, kunzite, tantalite, manganese ore iron ore etc all in Nigeria.

Bro, I am with you on this. So what is your suggestion ? I'm asking because I know you have a specific goal you are aiming at achieving, so what is that goal and it modalities ?
Re: We Need Solid Mineral Group Here! by Jlow2: 2:55pm On Jul 24, 2021
There is difference btw a miner and agent.
Re: We Need Solid Mineral Group Here! by Ben147(m): 9:21pm On Jul 24, 2021
What is the requirements needed to start mining in Nigeria?
Re: We Need Solid Mineral Group Here! by nkpommpko(m): 1:52pm On Jul 26, 2021
Ben147:
What is the requirements needed to start mining in Nigeria?
first you decide the mineral you want to mine, located where it is, go to the mining cadastral and find bout if it's free, if it is they will give you the necessary licence after paying their fees and you start exploration.
That's why this forum is needed so that experts can also come there to address what ever issue in mining and everything around it. I have a Whatsapp group am trying to create so people with like interest can meet.
Re: We Need Solid Mineral Group Here! by nkpommpko(m): 1:55pm On Jul 26, 2021
Jlow2:
There is difference btw a miner and agent.
correct, and the binding Factor is interest , all are needed in this very untapped sector. Even critics, facilitators etc are welcome.
Re: We Need Solid Mineral Group Here! by Ben147(m): 7:11pm On Sep 07, 2021
nkpommpko:
first you decide the mineral you want to mine, located where it is, go to the mining cadastral and find bout if it's free, if it is they will give you the necessary licence after paying their fees and you start exploration.
That's why this forum is needed so that experts can also come there to address what ever issue in mining and everything around it. I have a Whatsapp group am trying to create so people with like interest can meet.
Having a WhatsApp group is a good idea, let's have link to the group when it's ready.

(1) (Reply)

18-year-old Lady Who Washes Tankers To Support Her Studies Goes Viral / When Starting A Business, Would You Rather Look For Problems To Solve / I Can Buy Yout Airtime And Send You Real Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.