Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,599 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary (13193 Views)

Emoney Receives Senator Ekwunife In His Palatial Home In Anambra: Pics & Video / Lawmakers Observe Social Distancing At Plenary – PHOTOS / Senator Ekwunife Poses With Her New Innoson Ikenga, Lists 5 Months Achievements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by OBALOLA55(m): 1:34pm On Jul 22, 2021
Waakanda:
She haf run away with a musician cheesy
BROS YOU FIT HELP US EXPLAIN BETTER MAKE WE UNDERSTAND YOU grin
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by seunaj: 1:34pm On Jul 22, 2021
Way to go
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by billante(m): 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2021
She has responded to the query.

If lawmakers and Politicians are held accountable like this we won't be were we are today.

Electronic Transmission Of Election Results: Why I Was Absent At Voting – Ekwunife

THE senator representing Anambra Central in the nation’s upper legislature, Senator Uche Ekwunife has given reasons for her absence during the voting for electronic results transmission.

The senator said she is fully in support of electronic transmission of election results, adding that her absence was because she had scheduled programmes in her constituency.

She said: “In the last 48 hours, I have read and listened to statements by some constituents who feel disappointed that I was not present to cast my vote during the consideration of the Electoral Act amendment Bill to allow for electronic transmission of results during elections in Nigeria.

“I have on many occasions, stated my support and stand for electronic transmission of results. I feel strongly that instant electronic transmission of election results will address many of the challenges in our electoral process and end the alteration of results and electoral fraud during collation which is usually occasioned by human error or deliberate attempt to upturn the wishes of the people. “My stand has always been that electronic transmission of results should be mandatory in all polling units and collation centers across Nigeria without exceptions.

“Even though some argued that INEC should be allowed to choose or exempt areas where there are poor network coverage, I vehemently argued against such position, which in my opinion, would favour some regions against others, knowing fully well that the South East is one of the regions in Nigeria that have good network coverage.

“I stated that if ATM, POS, Internet banking and other electronic transactions are obtainable nationwide, I do not see why electronic transfer of election results cannot be equally achieved nationwide.

“I argued with respect to the situation where card readers were used in the South East in the last general elections, while manual voting was allowed in some other parts of the country, which significantly affected the voting strength of the region in the previous elections.

READ ALSO: Anambra 2021: Election is not war, CSO cautions Ekwunife over ‘do or die politics’

“While I consider the recent complaints by some of my constituents as germane, it is important to state that my absence at the time of voting was never deliberate.

“The deliberation on the electoral act which was supposed to come up on Wednesday was moved to Thursday, and was expected to stretch to Monday, July 19, for voting.

” However during the plenary on Thursday after some of us had travelled, Senators present extended plenary hours to vote on the electronic transmission in order to conclude it same day, instead of continuing on Monday, which was why the Senate plenary lasted till 9pm.

“However, due to my already fixed engagements in my senatorial district, where I was scheduled to commission some projects, including a 3-bedroom bungalow we built for a less privileged woman in Isuaniocha, as well as a block of classrooms at Community Secondary School, Ukpo and perimeter fence project in the school amongst other engagements, I had to travel to Anambra to meet up while hoping to join my colleagues on Monday for the voting.

“Unfortunately it was not stretched to Monday as Senate adjourned for annual recess.

“On this note, I wish to sincerely apologise to all those who feel disappointed that I wasn’t there to cast my vote. I am not someone that would stay or shy away from such an important activity.

“As a servant of the people, I always try to meet up with every of my constituency engagements to the best of my ability.

“However, let me restate my position that I am absolutely in support of electronic transmission of election results nationwide and committed to giving my constituents the best of representation.”

Vanguard recalls that Ekwunife’s constituents at Obosi in Idemili North local government are had queried the senator to explain why she was absent during such an important exercise at the Senate.
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by PrinceOfLagos: 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2021
She look sick
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by Waakanda: 1:38pm On Jul 22, 2021
OBALOLA55:
BROS YOU FIT HELP US EXPLAIN BETTER MAKE WE UNDERSTAND YOU grin

Bros ké? Go and watch "Madagascar 3"... you'll understand. Oh, I so much love animated movies cool
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by ezechi24(m): 1:38pm On Jul 22, 2021
and the idiot was even dressing like a muslim....efulefu
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by Quality20(m): 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2021
Goddyss:
This woman is double faced. Always pretending to be good. I have had an encounter with her. A typical example of rotten Nigerian politician.
try again, maybe u might b lucky n she gives some wards of cash
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by oyeb15: 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2021
This woman has been in the National Assembly since 1999
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by Jilase: 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2021
Okay
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by heniford2: 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2021
This particular woman win next election just know all bah-bashi
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by decasey(m): 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2021
After dem go say the north day oppress dem. GOD bless abaribe.
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by Quality20(m): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2021
ezechi24:
and the idiot was even dressing like a muslim....efulefu
she didn't dress like a Muslim, she only used a scarf to cover her breasts. Why u wan see her breasts sef?

1 Like

Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by Ugonna62: 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2021
Nice one ODU.And if she fails to give satisfactory explanation,ODU should not hasitate to mobilize the people of that constituency to recall her and bar her from contesting any kind of elections from that constituency. rubbish
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by Seniorwriter(m): 1:58pm On Jul 22, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed

Her presence and her absence no go kukuma add any value to their lives...so why waste their precious times on something that won't yield any positive results.....

Stop this trashy comment....we need to encourage such in order for the leaders to know they must be answerable for their actions and inactions to their electorates.
billante:
She has responded to the query.

If lawmakers and Politicians are held accountable like this we won't be were we are today.

Noted...
More so..
We need young visionary leaders in Nigeria come 2023.

@Seniorwriter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
OOzz:
Osita Chidoka sponsored this letter.

He's a top member of ODU here in Abuja

Meaning that he and the entire development union are highly concious and responsive to their town's good.

Abi, you want to scream witch-hunt?
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 22, 2021
grin
Realadey:
They are all buffoons who think they are not answerable to their constituents nah, that's why u see them behaving like touts
grin Nigerian senators are actually touts!!! grin
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by TotoGame(m): 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2021
oyeb15:
This woman has been in the National Assembly since 1999

It's a very big lie .....she came to the house of reps in 2007....then upgraded to the Senate in 2015

In 1999 she was the girlfriend to his Excellency then ....lolz

1 Like

Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by damiloladuke: 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2021
OK
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by TotoGame(m): 2:33pm On Jul 22, 2021
OOzz:
Osita Chidoka sponsored this letter.

He's a top member of ODU here in Abuja

U're right.....chidoka wan contest for senatorial election in 2023

Ekwunife will still beat him blue and black
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 2:45pm On Jul 22, 2021
E-transmission of election results: Why I was absent at voting ― Sen Ekwunife

July 22, 2021

The senator representing Anambra Central in the nation’s upper legislature, Senator Uche Ekwunife has given reasons for her absence during the voting for electronic results transmission.

The senator said she is fully in support of electronic transmission of election results, adding that her absence was because she had scheduled programmes in her constituency.

She said: “In the last 48 hours, I have read and listened to statements by some constituents who feel disappointed that I was not present to cast my vote during the consideration of the Electoral Act amendment Bill to allow for electronic transmission of results during elections in Nigeria.

“I have on many occasions, stated my support and stand for electronic transmission of results. I feel strongly that instant electronic transmission of election results will address many of the challenges in our electoral process and end the alteration of results and electoral fraud during collation which is usually occasioned by human error or deliberate attempt to upturn the wishes of the people. “My stand has always been that electronic transmission of results should be mandatory in all polling units and collation centers across Nigeria without exceptions.

“Even though some argued that INEC should be allowed to choose or exempt areas where there are poor network coverage, I vehemently argued against such position, which in my opinion, would favour some regions against others, knowing fully well that the South East is one of the regions in Nigeria that have good network coverage.

“I stated that if ATM, POS, Internet banking, and other electronic transactions are obtainable nationwide, I do not see why the electronic transfer of election results cannot be equally achieved nationwide.

“I argued with respect to the situation where card readers were used in the South East in the last general elections, while manual voting was allowed in some other parts of the country, which significantly affected the voting strength of the region in the previous elections.

“While I consider the recent complaints by some of my constituents as germane, it is important to state that my absence at the time of voting was never deliberate.

“The deliberation on the electoral act which was supposed to come up on Wednesday was moved to Thursday and was expected to stretch to Monday, July 19, for voting.

” However during the plenary on Thursday, after some of us had travelled, Senators present extended plenary hours to vote on the electronic transmission in order to conclude it same day, instead of continuing on Monday, which was why the Senate plenary lasted till 9pm.

“However, due to my already fixed engagements in my senatorial district, where I was scheduled to commission some projects, including a 3-bedroom bungalow we built for a less privileged woman in Isuaniocha, as well as a block of classrooms at Community Secondary School, Ukpo and perimeter fence project in the school amongst other engagements, I had to travel to Anambra to meet up while hoping to join my colleagues on Monday for the voting.

“Unfortunately it was not stretched to Monday as Senate adjourned for annual recess.

“On this note, I wish to sincerely apologise to all those who feel disappointed that I wasn’t there to cast my vote. I am not someone that would stay or shy away from such an important activity.

“As a servant of the people, I always try to meet up with every of my constituency engagements to the best of my ability. However, let me restate my position that I am absolutely in support of electronic transmission of election results nationwide and committed to giving my constituents the best of representation.”

Vanguard recalls that Ekwunife’s constituents at Obosi in Idemili North local government are had queried the senator to explain why she was absent during such an important exercise at the Senate.

Vanguard News Nigeria
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by seyz91(m): 2:48pm On Jul 22, 2021
cheesy
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed

Her presence and her absence no go kukuma add any value to their lives...so why waste their precious times on something that won't yield any positive results.....

Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by Akunesiobike: 4:20pm On Jul 22, 2021
Impressive request, if only even other town union will follows same, demanding for Answers of been absent or voting No to electronic transmission of result in a 21th century.
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by Charmerbeautylooks(f): 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2021
She was in oba
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by treasuremi1(m): 4:31pm On Jul 22, 2021
This is part of the responsibilities of the electorate in a sane democratic system that works. Thumbs up to that group regardless of whatever sentiments any other may want to attach to it

1 Like

Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by DLSReigns: 5:08pm On Jul 22, 2021
Nice one guys. We are getting there. They MUST be accountable.

2 Likes

Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by fubsy: 6:35pm On Jul 22, 2021
These supposed legislators play on our intelligence because we the people don't capitalise on the recall process. Otherwise, I don't see reasons why certain legislators in the Senate and the House of Representatives shouldn't be recalled by their constituents.

1 Like

Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by orisa37: 7:40pm On Jul 22, 2021
COOOOORECT.
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by orisa37: 7:44pm On Jul 22, 2021
She probably snicked out to bleep.
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by Karlosorji(m): 12:01am On Jul 23, 2021
And why is she wearing hijab?
Re: Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary by ReppingNaija: 2:10am On Jul 23, 2021

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation / PDP Fixes October For National Convention / Profile Of Aloysius Uche Ordu, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.