Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,261 members, 7,822,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Killing Of Ancestral Python: Owerri Chief Priest Storms Alvan, Warns Of Danger - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Killing Of Ancestral Python: Owerri Chief Priest Storms Alvan, Warns Of Danger (379 Views)

EDO 2024:catholic Priest Storms Heaven With Prayer Vapour For Aspirants / People Says I Resemble Alvan Ikoku, The Man On N10 Note. / ANGER: Just One Letter Short Of DANGER (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killing Of Ancestral Python: Owerri Chief Priest Storms Alvan, Warns Of Danger by nwokeji29: 4:43pm On Jul 22, 2021
The Chief Priest of Owerre (Onye Ishi Ala), Reginald Ejiogu on Monday, stormed the Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, AIFCE, Owerri, with an ‘Omu’ signaling danger ahead for students and management of the citadel of learning, over the killing of an ancestral python, called Eke Nworie

Recently students of the institution had killed the gigantic python, an act considered a sacrilege, within the norms and tradition of Owerre.

The Chief Priest had emphasized on the need for cleansing, to avert occurrence of strange incidents over the murder of the ancestral python.

In a letter to the management of Alvan, the Chief Priest, demanded that “the College management must appear before him (the Chief Priest) for cleansing upon receipt of the Notice on or before seven days”

He noted that the murder of the python “is a sacrilege and violation of our culture more especially in this time of our festival season which is our week of peace”

INNONEWS was informed that a similar incident had occured between 1979-1980 during the construction of Wethedral/Christ Church Road, Owerri, when some foreign contractors killed the “Eke Ala Owerre” python, the forebearer of the “Eke Nworie” python killed by students of Alvan.

An attendant to the Chief Priest told this newspaper “When the foreign contractors killed the Eke Ala Owerre python, strange things began to occur. There were mysterious deaths among the contractors. There were breakdown of their machines.

“At a stage, they abandoned the road project, until they were cleansed by the then Chief Priest of Owerre, (Onye Ishi Ala Owerre), Late Eke Igwe Nwoduo Ejiogu

He continued “The management of ALVAN think this is a joke. This is a spiritual matter, and they seem not to understand the gravity of killing that ancestral python

“The consequences are monumental, devastating because the land has been descreated. And it must be cleansed immediately.

“You do not kill Eke Nworie python. It is not done. It is a sacrilege with serious consequences that are just to terrible to mention.

“This is why the Chief Priest had to come here today (at Alvan) to put this ‘Omu’ which signifies danger ahead. No one should blame us if strange things begin to happen.

“Only the Chief Priest, no one else, is spiritually fit to do the cleansing and not anyone else” he stated.

1 Share

Re: Killing Of Ancestral Python: Owerri Chief Priest Storms Alvan, Warns Of Danger by EasyForexAcadem: 4:45pm On Jul 22, 2021
And what
Re: Killing Of Ancestral Python: Owerri Chief Priest Storms Alvan, Warns Of Danger by Fahdiga(m): 4:46pm On Jul 22, 2021
Give to God what belongs to God and to Caesar what belongs to Caesar
Re: Killing Of Ancestral Python: Owerri Chief Priest Storms Alvan, Warns Of Danger by Amotolongbo(f): 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2021
The Chief Priest had emphasized on the need for cleansing, to avert occurrence of strange incidents over the murder of the ancestral python.
Yahoo ni Babalawo.

Nothing is going to happen to the students.

But the students have to respect the culture of the land to avoid trouble with the indigenes

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Ancestral Python: Owerri Chief Priest Storms Alvan, Warns Of Danger by Machinegun91(m): 4:48pm On Jul 22, 2021
Forget those yeye people
Re: Killing Of Ancestral Python: Owerri Chief Priest Storms Alvan, Warns Of Danger by Honesty111: 5:08pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ok
Re: Killing Of Ancestral Python: Owerri Chief Priest Storms Alvan, Warns Of Danger by Aidejay(m): 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2021
Is there any day strange things don't occur?
Just yesterday one 5h I kept in my drawer vanished, there is no scenario I haven't constructed in my head to explain it. I was all alone in the room I saw the money and now I can't even explain how it's no more.

What I'm trying to say is that strange thing will occur wether they cleanse or they don't cleanse. The only thing that might change is that some people will blame the occurrence on the snake thus giving this fable traction it doesn't deserve.

Make una sha reason the chief priest small money make e no be like say e STORM the place for nothing.

Lala front page oooh!
Re: Killing Of Ancestral Python: Owerri Chief Priest Storms Alvan, Warns Of Danger by lilvicky68(m): 5:27pm On Jul 22, 2021
So what if Dem bin chop am.. wetin for happen?? Oga chief priest

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Ancestral Python: Owerri Chief Priest Storms Alvan, Warns Of Danger by lilvicky68(m): 5:28pm On Jul 22, 2021
Aidejay:
Is there any day strange things don't occur?
Just yesterday one 5h I kept in my drawer vanished, there is no scenario I haven't constructed in my head to explain it. I was all alone in the room I saw the money and now I can't even explain how it's no more.

What I'm trying to say is that strange thing will occur wether they cleanse or they don't cleanse. The only thing that might change is that some people will blame the occurrence on the snake thus giving this fable traction it doesn't deserve.

Make una sha reason the chief priest small money make e no be like say e STORM the place for nothing.

Lala front page oooh!
Is the drawer close to your window?

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Ancestral Python: Owerri Chief Priest Storms Alvan, Warns Of Danger by Aidejay(m): 7:58am On Jul 23, 2021
lilvicky68:

Is the drawer close to your window?
There is no question I haven't asked myself.
Re: Killing Of Ancestral Python: Owerri Chief Priest Storms Alvan, Warns Of Danger by fourboys: 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2021
Some part of Igbos too dey respect python embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija 2021: Angel Grabs Pere's Manhood / This Man Owns All The Most Expensive Cars, See What His Car Garage Look Like / How To Make Sourdough Bread At Home ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.