Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / . (1910 Views)

Benz C300 Assessment & Review / Mercedes-Benz C300 Used In Selling Local Herbs In Kaduna (Photos, Video) / Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Contango(m): 9:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
Re: . by AstroG: 9:26pm On Jul 22, 2021
It all Depends on the kind of road around where you stay and the roads u ply on daily basis.

Benz is more executive,exquisite and high class when compared to the Camry but it has high maintenance and parts are more expensive. What I love about the Benz is the balance it has wen driving in sports mode.

Go for Benz if you stay and ply on tarred/semi-tarred roads or go for the Camry if the roads around u or u ply are not that good

4 Likes

Re: . by Contango(m): 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2021
AstroG:
It all Depends on the kind if road around where you stay and the roads u ply on daily basis.

Benz is more executive,exquisite and high class when compared to the Camry but it has high maintenance and parts are more expensive. What I love about the Benz is the balance it has wen driving in sports mode.

Go for Benz if you stay and ply on tarred/semi-tarred roads or go for the Camry if the roads around u or u ply are not that good

Alright thanks. Roads are not tarred yet, but i intend to move out of the neighorhood though.

Could u do a like to like comparison? Do u know how much it would cost to replace say the front light for each of them?
Re: . by Omeiza100: 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2021
Well both cars are good to be Honest
The Benz is V6 while the camry can come
In V4 or V6
Luxury == Benz
Maintenance= Toyota
Speed = Benz
Fuel mileage=Toyota
Reliability = Both are good
2nd hand value = Toyota
Well it depends on the purpose of purchase tho
I’d go with the Toyota
That’s just my personal opinion o�
Re: . by Contango(m): 11:09pm On Jul 22, 2021
Omeiza100:
In V4 or V6
Luxury == Benz
Maintenance= Toyota
Speed = Benz
Fuel mileage=Toyota
2nd hand value = Toyota
I’d go with the Toyota

Thanks mate
Re: . by kernniejay(m): 12:26am On Jul 23, 2021
Looking at the age and maintenance, the camry is much younger and easier to maintain. Looking at Prestige and performance, the Benz is more respectable and durable. Choice is yours.
Re: . by greatbrian(m): 1:38am On Jul 23, 2021
That Benz is a machine. I had my share of it and I wasn't disappointed. But dude the maintenance no be here. I remember when the shaft in mine had issues and car was just revving on D. I practically had to doze out 150k for shaft from ladipo apart from other stuff as a fact, the least I spent if the car have issue is 20k. So unless you can spend and spend when the case comes up just avoid it. As for the Toyota. Am not a fan of Japanese and the only time I tried Japanese it ended in premium tears. I crashed my Lexus 2 days after purchase and when mouth too dey my body to buy a easily maintained car, i got that camry tokunbo qnd few months after its still parjed somwwhere while i await 22pin gwar from ebay. So if you are heavy on the pedal like me not minding the corner or terrain bro just hug that Benz and the problems that comes with it. And about fuel consumption the above statement is false to C300 doesn't Consume like that.

Better still try an Audi. Audi A8.... That girl is the OG

3 Likes

Re: . by AstroG: 1:45am On Jul 23, 2021
Omeiza100:
In V4 or V6
Luxury == Benz
Maintenance= Toyota
Speed = Benz
Fuel mileage=Toyota
2nd hand value = Toyota Benz
I’d go with the Toyota

Better
Re: . by Contango(m): 8:38am On Jul 23, 2021
greatbrian:
That Benz is a machine. I had my share of it and I wasn't disappointed. But dude the maintenance no be here. I remember when the shaft in mine had issues and car was just revving on D. I practically had to doze out 150k for shaft from ladipo apart from other stuff as a fact, the least I spent if the car have issue is 20k. So unless you can spend and spend when the case comes up just avoid it. As for the Toyota. Am not a fan of Japanese and the only time I tried Japanese it ended in premium tears. I crashed my Lexus 2 days after purchase and when mouth too dey my body to buy a easily maintained car, i got that camry tokunbo qnd few months after its still parjed somwwhere while i await 22pin gwar from ebay. So if you are heavy on the pedal like me not minding the corner or terrain bro just hug that Benz and the problems that comes with it. And about fuel consumption the above statement is false to C300 doesn't Consume like that.

Better still try an Audi. Audi A8.... That girl is the OG

Lol...I am usually very careful on untarred road but given a clean road, I am relatively very heavy on the pedal.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Re: . by Alvin007: 12:40pm On Jul 25, 2021
Contango:
I have narrowed down my choice of ride to these and would like to know their pros, cons and overall value for money pls... I can afford 150-200k for annual maintenance

They both are of the same price range hence my confusion.

Cc: Gazzuzz, lalasticlala, mynd44, marpol
Dollars or Naira..?

3 Likes

Re: . by adanny01(m): 1:30pm On Jul 25, 2021
Omeiza100:
In V4 or V6
Luxury == Benz
Maintenance= Toyota
Speed = Benz
Fuel mileage=Toyota
2nd hand value = Toyota
I’d go with the Toyota

The 2012/13 C class has a 4cyl engine too, although a turbo, the C250 1.8L Turbo
Re: . by Almaigaa: 6:50pm On Jul 25, 2021
Contango:
I have narrowed down my choice of ride to these and would like to know their pros, cons and overall value for money pls... I can afford 150-200k for annual maintenance

They both are of the same price range hence my confusion.

Cc: Gazzuzz, lalasticlala, mynd44, marpol

No buy Toyota, na poor People motor. grin

2 Likes

Re: . by Contango(m): 7:48am On Jul 31, 2021
Almaigaa:

No buy Toyota, na poor People motor. grin

How na? Benz C300 of 2012 = Camry 2015
Re: . by bishie101(m): 10:03am On Aug 02, 2021
This might be off subject, but as a car enthusiast and dealer, try a Kia Optima

You will thank me constantly. We really don’t experiment with cars in this part of the world. We only stick with the conventional brands and we fail to experience the joy the rest got to offer. You can HMU �, I have one from USA I’m certain you’d be glad to have

(1) (Reply)

What's The Current Price Of Waste Collection Truck In Nigeria? / Learn From My Mistakes Working On A Woman's Car! / Kit Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.