Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,236 members, 7,867,628 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:59 PM

Nigeria’s $30bn Debt Gave Me Grey Hair – Okonjo-Iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s $30bn Debt Gave Me Grey Hair – Okonjo-Iweala (594 Views)

I Dumped Nyako For Atiku Because He Gave Me N500 Million- Adamawa Governor / Ex-minister Faults Buhari On Empty Treasury, Says Jonathan Left About $30bn / Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s $30bn Debt Gave Me Grey Hair – Okonjo-Iweala by EzeUche2(m): 1:09pm On May 13, 2011
Nigeria’s $30bn debt gave me grey hair – Okonjo-Iweala

London – Prof.  Ngozi  Okonjo-Iweala, World Bank Managing Director and Nigeria’s former Finance Minister,  says getting the Paris club to cancel the country’s debt gave her grey hair.

“This is something that cannot be reversed; getting $30billion  of debt cancelled,   leaving just $5bn at that time  took much out of me and gave me grey hair,’’ Okonjo-Iweala told the Financial Times of London.

“I am most proud of two things, first and foremost,  my children; second, the debt relief for Nigeria,’’ Okonjo-Iweala  said.

She said it was not easy  getting to the top of her career as a black woman,  adding that she worked very hard to succeed in her chosen profession.

“As a black woman, doors do not just open for you; You have to prove yourself every single day, but I love it.

“I thrive in places that are merit-based; the World Bank has been a good place for that,’’ Okonjo-Iweala said.

The World Bank Executive said she was currently working on how to mobilise more resources for the Food Security Fund as well  as assist  conflict-affected states. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/nigeria%E2%80%99s-30bn-debt-gave-me-grey-hair-okonjo-iweala/
Re: Nigeria’s $30bn Debt Gave Me Grey Hair – Okonjo-Iweala by buzugee(m): 2:00pm On May 13, 2011
why is this woman not the president of nigeria
Re: Nigeria’s $30bn Debt Gave Me Grey Hair – Okonjo-Iweala by EzeUche2(m): 2:01pm On May 13, 2011
buzugee:

why is this woman not the president of nigeria

She has two things against her:

Woman
Igbo

I don't know which is worse for her in terms of politics. Maybe the woman part. . .
Re: Nigeria’s $30bn Debt Gave Me Grey Hair – Okonjo-Iweala by buzugee(m): 2:10pm On May 13, 2011
EzeUche_:

She has two things against her:

Woman
Igbo

I don't know which is worse for her in terms of politics. Maybe the woman part. . .
so you are saying the general populace dont care for igbos ?
Re: Nigeria’s $30bn Debt Gave Me Grey Hair – Okonjo-Iweala by EzeUche2(m): 3:25pm On May 13, 2011
buzugee:

This is exactly what I am saying. . . undecided
Re: Nigeria’s $30bn Debt Gave Me Grey Hair – Okonjo-Iweala by dempeople(m): 3:57pm On May 13, 2011
buzugee:

Its not as simple as that. Presently, she's the most politically marketable person in Alaigbo. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Nigeria’s $30bn Debt Gave Me Grey Hair – Okonjo-Iweala by Fhemmmy: 4:00pm On May 13, 2011
This is one woman that i really duffed my hat for.
So sad that Nigeria wont even tip someone like this for the top office job in Nigeria . . . . .
Re: Nigeria’s $30bn Debt Gave Me Grey Hair – Okonjo-Iweala by EzeUche2(m): 4:01pm On May 13, 2011
She should be our president. We need an Iron Lady and I am sure that she could fulfill that role.
Re: Nigeria’s $30bn Debt Gave Me Grey Hair – Okonjo-Iweala by kasiem(m): 5:40pm On May 13, 2011
Love the zeal. This kind of people that should heading our administrative but due to some despicable factors, we end up losing the great things we have. I wouldn't be surprised to see an article from SR villifying this woman.

(1) (Reply)

My Plans For Oyo People, By Ajimobi / Jonathan Cuts Legisla-thieves Budget. / At Last, Jonathan Signs Information Bill Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.