Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Visa Application Length! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Application Length! (4782 Views)

Uk Visa Application Mistake / Qatar, Kuwait, UAE (Dubai) Visa Application information Needed. / South Africa Visa Application Delay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visa Application Length! by mystikal(m): 7:52pm On Jul 17, 2007
The school in UK i applied to said they're POSTING my visa letter today, so that means i'll have to wait till maybe 2nd week of August before i apply for my student visa, Would it 2 be too late to apply for a sept 24, 2007 start date then?

How long do student visa applications take? Thank you!!
Re: Visa Application Length! by folanusi(m): 10:10am On Jul 18, 2007
if theschool posts the letter on the day you specified, then you should recieve the letter within 2 weeks. that will probably be the end of july. if the stat date of your course is 24 sept 07, then you have enough time to process your student visa.

in most cases straight forward student visa applications takes about 2 weeks to procces, but because the september admission period is usually busy at the high commission, i will advise you to put your application in at least 4 weeks befor your intended departure.

Good Luck.
Re: Visa Application Length! by hobgoblin1(m): 4:53pm On Jul 23, 2007
Hi mystical,

Hope u finally got your visa letter.

By the way, what school did you apply to? Univ. of Greenwich?
Re: Visa Application Length! by swiftycool(m): 12:25pm On Jul 25, 2007
@ mystical
From my recent experience Visa replies after application are much faster based on the new biometric method .
I applied on july 2, 2007 @ a Vf centre and was called 4 an interview @ the high commission on d 17th
i got my visa on the 18th. ill be leaving later next month
So u see its just at most 14 working days to know ur fate as not everyone is called 4 an interview these times.

Also to all genuine applicants, dont mind all those uninformed psycos u might meet everywhere that say getting a visa is so hard
I never expected it to be that easy , so it was for the eight of us called for the interview
Good luck and C u when we get there
Re: Visa Application Length! by hobgoblin1(m): 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2007
@swiftycool
Pls can u answer these question:

Did you apply for a student visa or visiting?

What were u asked during the interview?

Did u submit your sponsor's payslip or bank statement? , and any other evidence of sponsorship?

Hoping to read your reply soon.

Congratulations!
Re: Visa Application Length! by swiftycool(m): 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2007
hob_goblin:

@swiftycool
Please can u answer these question:

Did you apply for a student visa or visiting?

What were u asked during the interview?

Did u submit your sponsor's payslip or bank statement? , and any other evidence of sponsorship?

Hoping to read your reply soon.

Congratulations!

1. I applied for astudents visa, a 1 year programme but i asked for a visa stating over 1 year cos i intend to stay till my graduatn. so dey did the maths and gave me till 2009

2. i supplied my sponsors bank stmts, which was even overdrawn to have only about 500k, but i backed up with property deeds and shares acct
showing market values in naira, aletter of sponsorship, affidavidt, and some biz docs.

3. D interview asks u a lot of stuff about the course, the assesment method, projects to be written, mode of study, facilities the school has and most
importantly what u intend to do after u complete the course and how feasible it will be to get a job with d qualification

4. Mind u they know when you are nervous, and maybe when you are lying, so if u dont know the answer to a question just say so

5.They also want to know your comprehensive capability and english language proficiency, so expect trick questions,

and make sure you smile even if u r Nervous like i was. GOOD LUCK
Re: Visa Application Length! by hobgoblin1(m): 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2007
@swiftycool
Thanks a million. you are appreciated.

I'll let you know how it all turns out.
Re: Visa Application Length! by okeyz(m): 1:49pm On Jul 30, 2007
@swiftycool
Men congats for ur visa !!! e no easy oo bros

but i have some tasking questions i want to ask pls i hope i 'm not bothering u .
i applied for a german student visa and i was told to go and deposit 7,030 euros b4 i can process my study visa .Now the start date for my course in germany is starting by the end opf september aand the visa process takes 2months,i was told so by the interviwer on the 25th of july.
Now i dont klnow if i can ,meet up the deadline even if i send trhre money .
Now i want to ask you if the visa officials for the UK embassy will ask you to pay for all your  school fees or part ,cos i want to apply for a school in scotland and i want to know the proceedure and if they will tell me to pay for part or all my school fees so i can start now to organize it and if i decide to send the school fees will that gaurantee me a study visa to the UK ?
please reply asap.
thanks
Re: Visa Application Length! by D1O(m): 9:55pm On Jul 30, 2007
@swiftycool
I'm really proud of you and I hpe to be pasting my testimony here soon. I submitted my application at a VF centre on the 16th of July, 2007. I have called them a couple of times and I'm told its still at the visa section in Abuja but that I should allow at least 15 working days from the date of submission, that actually boils down to this friday. Well It's the third time I'm applying for a Student V. but it was actually fault that I wasrefused twice last year cos I presented an account overdrawn to almost 30 millla and I had no proff of funds. Just the statement and sponsorship letter. The statement then was even company statement. Even tho I hadpaid tution in full then.
Well now, I have paid tuition in full again and av2 sonsors with five of their personal bank statements totalling approx 6 milla.

Also submitted their employment letters, payslips, affidavits and property deeds this time around. i didnt do that last year too.

So do you think I stand a chance now? To be frank, the anxiety is killing me. By my calculations of the timing of yur own case, I wld av bn caldfor an interview on 28 July cos that was 12 days after submission. So I guess I aint having an interview. So please keep your fingers crssed for me cos the anxiety is like killing me this final week.

What do you think?
Re: Visa Application Length! by hobgoblin1(m): 9:29am On Jul 31, 2007
So do you think I stand a chance now? To be frank, the anxiety is killing me. By my calculations of the timing of yur own case, I would av bn caldfor an interview on 28 July because that was 12 days after submission. So I guess I aint having an interview. So please keep your fingers crssed for me because the anxiety is like killing me this final week.

I feel you D10. However, your case gives me the heebie-jeebies. My application is similar to your recent, but I didn't submit any employment letter or payslip because my sponsor is the MD of his business.

I submitted mine on 20 July and this 15 working days is feeling like 3 months already.

I really do think you stand a good chance. However, we'll keep our fingers crossed and our hopes high.
Re: Visa Application Length! by swiftycool(m): 12:48pm On Aug 01, 2007
okeyz:

@swiftycool
Men congats for your visa !!! e no easy oo bros

but i have some tasking questions i want to ask please i hope i 'm not bothering u .
i applied for a german student visa and i was told to go and deposit 7,030 euros before i can process my study visa .Now the start date for my course in germany is starting by the end opf september aand the visa process takes 2months,i was told so by the interviwer on the 25th of july.
Now i don't klnow if i can ,meet up the deadline even if i send trhre money .
Now i want to ask you if the visa officials for the UK embassy will ask you to pay for all your school fees or part ,because i want to apply for a school in scotland and i want to know the proceedure and if they will tell me to pay for part or all my school fees so i can start now to organize it and if i decide to send the school fees will that gaurantee me a study visa to the UK ?
please reply asap.
thanks

Visa officials are not necessarilly interested in how much u hav or have not paid, from what ive learned
although in most cases your proposed school of study recomends international stdts pay a certain ammount b4 they can
Give you an acceptance letter, or unconditional offer of admission, in some cases this could be say 20%, 50% rarely 100%
This is just to confirms your seriousness and reserve a space 4 u It is only if u have this that u can be guarateed an accommodation,
What this means is once u have been given acceptance and guaranteed accommodation, or made plans 4 ur accommodation
with documentary evidence, you have no problem.
But makes ure all other docs. are available and authentic
Good Luck wink
Re: Visa Application Length! by swiftycool(m): 12:57pm On Aug 01, 2007
@ D10

Its natural to be anxious, As i said sometime ago, not everyone is called for an interview,
especially if the visa officials can do the research and investigation on your application docs. and satisfy themselves
without your having to invite you for any explanations.
I have a stong feeling that you will be issued having supplied all stated docs. you mentioned Provided they are authentic

Good luck! by the way which school did u apply 4?
Re: Visa Application Length! by D1O(m): 12:01am On Aug 02, 2007
@swiftycool
Thanks for your regards and good wishes. I pray my stuff comes thru this time as well cos I really put in enuf effort to enclose and gather the required documents. Last year I was quite lazy and also busy with NYSC dat I did a very poor job at documentation. And YES, the documents are authentic, A-Z.

I am going to the University of Westminster. its actually in London. Ever heard of it? What about you?

I still need the prayers abeg, the remaining 2 days be like 2 centuries, the anxiety is killing me. I am not joking, its killing me ooooooooooooo
Re: Visa Application Length! by nkenwanyi: 3:07pm On Aug 03, 2007
D10,
Please do not let the anxiety kill you yet. You are too young to die. No matter how long the application stays, the most important is for it to be successful at the end of the day. I hope you understand me. I am still waiting to hear if you have collected your package as you are expecting it today. Good Luck and Cheers!
Re: Visa Application Length! by senetee(m): 3:52pm On Aug 03, 2007
My bro too is in student visa run with tuition fees fully paid. He has submitted all his documents(authentic that is) which took him time to gather and as at today, no news yet on the application. Really hope it works out. Anxiety too is kinda high in my domain
Good luck to all;
Re: Visa Application Length! by D1O(m): 8:04am On Aug 04, 2007
@nkenwanyi
I blive I left a note for you in another thread. However, my result still isnt ready and my popsis bank manager (a friend) told him at the club on friday evening that the embassy sent my popsis bank statements to him at the bank earlier that friday for confirmation and immediate return. So you see, while I was already expecting a result for my application, they were still verifying my documents. So I guess I'd still have to hang on till next week. But I think its good though, for any one with genuine documents that they are verifying. What it means is that if your documents are authentic, then you'll soon have the right to call virgin atlantic or British airways to book your flight. So lets blive that since they havent returned our applications yet, then we are in good stead for the visa. Blive me, we would book our flights together very soon, Did I hear a loud AMEN?

@Senetee
When did your bro submit? IS it up to 15 working days now? Well borow from nkenwanyi's advice to me, dont let the anxiety kill you now. As for me, I am so scared of checking my Blood pressure. My BP fit give my mama heart attack.
Re: Visa Application Length! by senetee(m): 7:39am On Aug 06, 2007
@D10
It was 15 working days last friday. Was told to call back this week. Thus, still in the waiting game.
Re: Visa Application Length! by hobgoblin1(m): 3:46pm On Aug 06, 2007
Yeah, the waiting came,

My 15 working days was meant to be due this coming Friday, but i received a call today that I'm to appear for an interview in two weeks. So, I'll have to wait longer than 15 working days, atleast 20 working days.
Re: Visa Application Length! by nkenwanyi: 4:00pm On Aug 06, 2007
Me too! I also received a call about an hour ago for an interview in Abj.
I hope it all turns out well. All you guys that have been to students visa interview should give us an idea of what to expect.
Thanks in anticipation of your urgent feedback.
Re: Visa Application Length! by hobgoblin1(m): 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2007
When is your interview scheduled for - this week or next?

e go beta!
Re: Visa Application Length! by nkenwanyi: 9:38am On Aug 07, 2007
My interview is scheduled for next week
Re: Visa Application Length! by swiftycool(m): 2:40pm On Aug 07, 2007
most of u called 4 interviews will be issued , trust me  wink
Re: Visa Application Length! by D1O(m): 6:50pm On Aug 08, 2007
@nkenwanyi and all the other interview candidates
una own beta ooo. I called the vac again this morning and still my application is still at the high commision in abuja still no call for interview and its headed for 20 working days already.
Well I get hope sha since popsi bank manager talk say the embassy people carry popsi bank statement come for verificatiion. I mean, they are not likely to be verifying someone who they want to refuse abi? Unless of course the person documents are fake shebi?
Re: Visa Application Length! by nkenwanyi: 8:10am On Aug 09, 2007
@ D10

Don't worry,they will issue you a visa without an interview. I understand It's only when they need clarification that they call people for interviews.
Be of good cheer, the word works!
Re: Visa Application Length! by swiftycool(m): 8:13am On Aug 10, 2007
lovesaint:

WELL I THINK THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONS SINCE You WANT TO KNOW I ARRANGE SOUTH AFRICAN PASPORTS GENUINE AND NO UPFRONT PAYMENT.THE PASSPORT IS VISA FREE TO 96 COUNTRIES.IF YOU ARE INERESTED CALL ME OR EMAIL ME TO ARRANGE WEN YOU CAN COME TO OUR OFFICE IN LAGOS.IT TAKES TWO WEEKS AND IS ALMOST 200,000 NAIRA.WELL IF YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION E-MAIL you can add me to your messenger so we can chat
cynthia_wyss@yahoo.com,0803715907

Na wah for u oh!
you are based in Ukraine, have a Nigerian MTN number and an office in Lagos
yet you can arrange  GENUINE SA visa free passports in 2 weeks for 200k in Naira
if i required an Ukraine passport/ Visa, can you do that too?  undecided

Honey girl, What else is genuine about you 
Re: Visa Application Length! by hobgoblin1(m): 12:36pm On Aug 10, 2007
Yeah "Phantom" agent is the word.

I thought i was the only one who noticed the discrepancies in lovesaint's post.
Re: Visa Application Length! by swiftycool(m): 1:00pm On Aug 10, 2007
Hi Globin whats up howz the preparatn
for your interview?
Hope you are mor comported now.
Re: Visa Application Length! by hobgoblin1(m): 1:04pm On Aug 10, 2007
main_man swiftycool

I'm comported o! I believe i've gathered enough info (thanks to u) and i'm ready to face them.

I would lodge close to the place a day before, so as not to arrive late.

I'll fill u in accordingly also.
Re: Visa Application Length! by swiftycool(m): 1:44pm On Aug 10, 2007
Yeah go do your thang men!
and remember to drop your contact 4 me thru mail
whenever u enter Jand o.
So we can connect and maybe sit & dicuss someday on issues over mid-day TEA  grin
For yonder. Stay cool
Re: Visa Application Length! by hobgoblin1(m): 1:50pm On Aug 10, 2007
Yeah, mid-day TEA (I hear say dem no like coffee)

After pilgrimage to stamford bridge, I go find u come ur place.

I'll stay cool and BE NICE!
Re: Visa Application Length! by senetee(m): 4:41pm On Aug 14, 2007
@D10, swiftycool n all
The waiting game is finally over. My bro collected his passport yesterday. He was given approx. 2 yrs visa. Thanks for the sharing guys.

All the best guys and wassup with those that had interviews? Hope they were aiight
Re: Visa Application Length! by mizztee(f): 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2007

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

With N3.5b, Nasarawa Plans To Turn Farin Ruwa Waterfalls To Tourism Nest / New Rule For Dubai! / Malta Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.