Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,972 members, 7,814,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Soko Lending Company, A Fake, Illegal And Defamatory People - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Soko Lending Company, A Fake, Illegal And Defamatory People (1097 Views)

Palliatives Of N110 Billion For National Assembly Membets Of Both Illegal And Co / How Can I Recover Money From Okash And Soko Loan Companies / Lagos Court Grants Defamatory Lawsuit Against Sahara Reporters’ Publisher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soko Lending Company, A Fake, Illegal And Defamatory People by dlivingtribunal: 9:52pm On Jul 23, 2021
A lot of people have felt the illegal acts of the entity known as Soko Lending Company Limited (gocash, Sokoloan, 9jacash, fastmoney, etc) and the many apps they create to lure vulnerable and desperate people to take outrageous and outlandish loans from them.
If a person defaults a loan, the legal and normal process of recovering that loan does not include harassments, defamation, derogation of the individual.

There are several factors as to why someone may default. Even when majority of the people call soko to explain, they still brand them chronic debtors, and then illegally and criminally share the personal information of these individuals with with public, defaming them by insulting them and their families. Calling them bastards, thieves, goats and all sorts of defamatory statements, even going as far as debiting huge amount of money from their accounts even after some have paid. Their actions are criminal, defamatory and Libelous.

We say No more. They are debtors, they did not kill anyone.
We are initiating criminal lawsuit, and a billion naira class action lawsuit against SOKO LENDING COMPANY LIMITED, to end the operations of the loan shark company in Nigeria.
We will sue for damages, both defamatory, emotional, compensatory and punitive damages for all affected people as compensation.

Debt or not, there is no where in the Nigerian law that says you will insult, harass, intimidate or defame an individual or share private or BVN information of that individual to the public because of debt. or debt recovery.
Even the terms and conditions of soko loan is against that.

"Soko Lending Company Limited undertakes to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to Soko. We here by undertake that any personal information you provide or obtained by us shall be subject to the highest standards of privacy, security and confidentiality and such information will not be disclosed to any third party other than as require d by applicable laws, rules and regulations" -- This is a quote from their own terms and conditions/Privacy Policy. They are in breach of their own terms.

Sokoloan's actions of hacking into people's phones and sending out messages to contacts are criminal and Libelous, Criminal Defamation of character and a clear violation of the NDPR (Nigeria Data Protection) 2019 Act LFN

The Nigerian Data Protection Act LFN 2019 and other Regulations prohibits the sharing of personal information of clients and customers to third parties.
NDPR ACT
If any person or entity carrying out or purporting to carry out data processing under the provision of this paragraph (b) shall not transfer any personal data to any person;

SOKO LENDING COMPANY LIMITED, on their website claims to be a microfinance bank, truth is they are not even CBN licensed, as a microfinance institution. They have been fraudulently misleading the public and taking advantage of vulnerable and desperate people.
They falsely advertise themselves as a microfinance institution knowing they are not licensed as such by the CBN. Their reign of terror has to stop.

If soko loan or any of their apps and people have ever defamed, harassed, threatened, intimidated you, or someone you know, we would like you to join the class action lawsuit suit.

Reach out to us. Ensure you have evidence (screenshot, messages, recordings etc) and details of what transpired.
Contact us on (namechangenigeria@outlook.com).

These soko/gocash/9jacredit people have to pay, for the trauma, the emotional and psychological damage they have inflicted on innocent and vulnerable Nigerians.

The Soko Lending Company Limited was incorporated in Nigeria on the 28th of August 2018 with Registration Number RC 1520881 as a private company limited by shares.
Principal shareholders include;
Lu Wang and Ayodeji Sampson Ogunjimi.
Registered Address is: Plot 8 Providence Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Re: Soko Lending Company, A Fake, Illegal And Defamatory People by shacks37: 1:15am On Aug 22, 2021
Ok, good thing you are doing. My hand on board.
Re: Soko Lending Company, A Fake, Illegal And Defamatory People by RaphaeloBurgess: 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2021
I want to be a party in the law suit. I have been severely defamed and have lost confidence in the faces of my business associates.
Re: Soko Lending Company, A Fake, Illegal And Defamatory People by Sasuke007: 6:31pm On Oct 31, 2021
dlivingtribunal:
A lot of people have felt the illegal acts of the entity known as Soko Lending Company Limited (gocash, Sokoloan, 9jacash, fastmoney, etc) and the many apps they create to lure vulnerable and desperate people to take outrageous and outlandish loans from them.
If a person defaults a loan, the legal and normal process of recovering that loan does not include harassments, defamation, derogation of the individual.

There are several factors as to why someone may default. Even when majority of the people call soko to explain, they still brand them chronic debtors, and then illegally and criminally share the personal information of these individuals with with public, defaming them by insulting them and their families. Calling them bastards, thieves, goats and all sorts of defamatory statements, even going as far as debiting huge amount of money from their accounts even after some have paid. Their actions are criminal, defamatory and Libelous.

We say No more. They are debtors, they did not kill anyone.
We are initiating criminal lawsuit, and a billion naira class action lawsuit against SOKO LENDING COMPANY LIMITED, to end the operations of the loan shark company in Nigeria.
We will sue for damages, both defamatory, emotional, compensatory and punitive damages for all affected people as compensation.

Debt or not, there is no where in the Nigerian law that says you will insult, harass, intimidate or defame an individual or share private or BVN information of that individual to the public because of debt. or debt recovery.
Even the terms and conditions of soko loan is against that.

"Soko Lending Company Limited undertakes to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to Soko. We here by undertake that any personal information you provide or obtained by us shall be subject to the highest standards of privacy, security and confidentiality and such information will not be disclosed to any third party other than as require d by applicable laws, rules and regulations" -- This is a quote from their own terms and conditions/Privacy Policy. They are in breach of their own terms.

Sokoloan's actions of hacking into people's phones and sending out messages to contacts are criminal and Libelous, Criminal Defamation of character and a clear violation of the NDPR (Nigeria Data Protection) 2019 Act LFN

The Nigerian Data Protection Act LFN 2019 and other Regulations prohibits the sharing of personal information of clients and customers to third parties.
NDPR ACT
If any person or entity carrying out or purporting to carry out data processing under the provision of this paragraph (b) shall not transfer any personal data to any person;

SOKO LENDING COMPANY LIMITED, on their website claims to be a microfinance bank, truth is they are not even CBN licensed, as a microfinance institution. They have been fraudulently misleading the public and taking advantage of vulnerable and desperate people.
They falsely advertise themselves as a microfinance institution knowing they are not licensed as such by the CBN. Their reign of terror has to stop.

If soko loan or any of their apps and people have ever defamed, harassed, threatened, intimidated you, or someone you know, we would like you to join the class action lawsuit suit.

Reach out to us. Ensure you have evidence (screenshot, messages, recordings etc) and details of what transpired.
Contact us on (namechangenigeria@outlook.com).

These soko/gocash/9jacredit people have to pay, for the trauma, the emotional and psychological damage they have inflicted on innocent and vulnerable Nigerians.

The Soko Lending Company Limited was incorporated in Nigeria on the 28th of August 2018 with Registration Number RC 1520881 as a private company limited by shares.
Principal shareholders include;
Lu Wang and Ayodeji Sampson Ogunjimi.
Registered Address is: Plot 8 Providence Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos

learn to read terms and conditions
it helps a lot
sokoloan isn't evil
They made a mistake
Re: Soko Lending Company, A Fake, Illegal And Defamatory People by hagjay(m): 3:03pm On Nov 21, 2021
Good day sir
Thesesm guys just defamed me for a loan I knew nothing about.
Pls how can I be part of what you're doing
I want to make sure they pay heavily for this
Re: Soko Lending Company, A Fake, Illegal And Defamatory People by psalm68(m): 7:50am On Jan 27, 2022
Please I really want to be part of this movement . The said app just defame me despite assuring them to pay up.

(1) (Reply)

Hi, my name is Destiny, i'm new!!!! / It Could Be You / I'm Back!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.