Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,777 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:03 AM

Can Someone with Access To My Cpanel Make Changes To My Admin Dashboard? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Can Someone with Access To My Cpanel Make Changes To My Admin Dashboard? (312 Views)

Help- Cant Log Into My Cpanel / Help: Cant Log Into My Cpanel / Glo Nigeria Make Changes To Their Data Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone with Access To My Cpanel Make Changes To My Admin Dashboard? by privaldo: 4:38am On Jul 24, 2021
Hello Webmasters and Programmers, please I have some questions which require your help:

1.) Is it possible for someone with your CPanel login details to make changes to your site, probably from one of the admins account. Details on the site such as phone numbers or account numbers?

2.) Can your webhost access your site either from the CPanel or Admin dashboard, and make any kind of changes?

3.) Can things such as password of Admins of the site be changed directly from the CPanel?

4.) Is it possible for changes like phone numbers or account numbers to be made on a site without the Admins getting mails to notify of the changes?
I guess that this can only happen when the admins are not incharge of the emails that link to their dashboard.

5.) Lastly, is it possible that all these issues might have been the handy work of a hacker. Bear in mind that the site was visited shortly before this issue, so I am ruling the possibility of a DDOS attack but again I may be totally wrong.

Please it is urgent. God bless you for your responses
Re: Can Someone with Access To My Cpanel Make Changes To My Admin Dashboard? by Lala01371: 9:21am On Jul 24, 2021
It depends on the host
Re: Can Someone with Access To My Cpanel Make Changes To My Admin Dashboard? by Jas80: 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2021
Yes is the answer to all your questions.

By the way, it is not a DDOS attack.
Re: Can Someone with Access To My Cpanel Make Changes To My Admin Dashboard? by rave299: 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2021
Someone with cpanel access can do all what you stated.
Re: Can Someone with Access To My Cpanel Make Changes To My Admin Dashboard? by RuddyFusion(m): 5:16pm On Jul 24, 2021
Yes
Yesssssss
Yessssssssssssssd

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Facebook Banning Ad Accounts / Published Blogposts Are Not Showing On Homepage / How To Research Youtube Keyword For Beginners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.