Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,420 members, 7,958,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:12 AM

Beloved Cook Sobs When Given Mortgage By Frat Brothers She Used To Take Care Of - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beloved Cook Sobs When Given Mortgage By Frat Brothers She Used To Take Care Of (209 Views)

Ladies Cook & Pound Food In Lagos Flood (Photos, Video) / 2 Brothers Came Out Without Any Injury After This Ghastly Accident In Abuja.PICS / Two Brothers Missing In Lagos Since Friday (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beloved Cook Sobs When Given Mortgage By Frat Brothers She Used To Take Care Of by Thinkfree(m): 9:46am On Jul 24, 2021
A frat house cook put her heart and soul into her job. Now three decades later, the frat gave her an incredible gift as a thank you for all her efforts.

To the frat brothers at Phi Gamma Delta at Louisiana State University, Jessie Hamilton wasn’t just an amazing cook. She was also a listening ear for all their problems.
“Jessie is one of these people that shows up to work and always has a smile on her face, eager to please and never complains,” Andrew Fusaiotti, now 52, told The Advocate.
So, after learning that Hamilton had $45,000 left on her 30-year mortgage to pay, Fusaiotti and his fellow frat brothers thought they’d do something special for her 74th birthday.

Cleverly dubbed Jessie Hamilton Day, 91 frat brothers teamed up to pay off Hamilton’s mortgage, giving an average of $560 each for a total of $51,000. Aside from the $45,000 mortgage, they also handed her a check of nearly $7,000 to do whatever she likes.

“They were my kids. They still are,” Hamilton told The Washington Post. “They used to tell me they loved me, and now, they’ve proved it.”

The most giving person they’d ever met

During her time at the FIJI house from 1982 to 1996, Hamilton would start work at 4 am and serve the students breakfast, lunch and dinner. She’d also take them to doctor’s appointments, grocery stores and give them free therapy.

“I enjoyed doing it. They loved my cooking,” she told The Post. “I was always there to talk things through with them. They’d come in the kitchen and sit on top of the counter and tell me their problems.”

https://www.goalcast.com/2021/07/06/cara-simmons-housekeeper-prank-it-forward-surprise-home/
Re: Beloved Cook Sobs When Given Mortgage By Frat Brothers She Used To Take Care Of by AdaSunshine(f): 9:52am On Jul 24, 2021
A 74yr old with $45,000 mortgage yet to pay?
When would she have been done paying were it not for the frat brothers? In her grave?
She must feel so relieved.
It’s good to be selflessly good.

Helping someone pay off their debt is a good gift.

(1) (Reply)

APC Leader, Tinubu Hospitalised In US, Undergoes Surgery / 2012 Toks Red On Black Toyota Camry Sport SE / Get Law Services By Islamic State For Divorce By Wife In Pakistan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.