Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

What It Wrong Or Not For A Pastor To Build A Mosque? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What It Wrong Or Not For A Pastor To Build A Mosque? (489 Views)

Muslim Allows Pastor Sleep In A Mosque As Christians Refused Him Accommodation / Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos / Picture Of A Mosque & Church Side-By-Side In Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What It Wrong Or Not For A Pastor To Build A Mosque? by yorubarere: 11:29am On Jul 24, 2021
This article was written to address the previous thread that made the frontpage below

https://www.nairaland.com/6663878/pastor-alabi-renovates-60-year-old-mosque

Since the above thread, several threads have been made calling the man names or whatever. And this thread is made to address that.

It may be wrong for others but not wrong for Yoruba people. Religion is second when it comes to communism and humanity here in our lands.

Igbo can't understand this neither can the northerners up north. The other day I read there was an attack on traditional worshippers in Osun state, I was shocked so I made findings... Only to confirm that the imam in question is not a Yoruba man. He is a stranger whom we welcomed into our land, only to be causing troubles with his extremism

Thread below
https://www.nairaland.com/6624018/masquerades-attack-muslims-osun-one

Strangers in our lands can't just understand the live and let's live attitudes of Yoruba to things.

As long as your God is not instructing you to kill us, you are good and welcome in our lands and we will celebrate with you when you celebrate. Christmas and Eid Mubarak are always celebrated as if we are one. At times you will hardly differentiate on ileya day cos everyone goes to where he will eat ram (visiting Muslim friends and families). One pastor wife on my street even asked me for ileya ram thinking I am a Muslim cos of my hairy chin. Same for Christmas.

Most families here have religious mixtures within them without alienation from family love.

I am neither a Christian or Muslim (my family are aware of my irreligious disposition) but I have a Christian and Muslim mixtures in my family. Same thing applies to my father's and mother's families. We are too interwoven to be divided across religious lines. Moreover we value spiritualism over religiousness. That is why you will see Christians and Muslims still going the traditional ways to solve some day to day life problems.

Diversity is welcome in our land cos we understand the beauties in having divergent views and still retaining our identities as a people. Respect to people's views and giving strangers rights to live peacefully in our midst without unnecessary intimidation from thugs among us give us the edge to be called the most peaceful region (a place which everyone else wanted to be in Nigeria). This we capitalized on to boost our own economies.

Religions are what is it.... A division among people and we Yoruba have decided to see beyond that to appreciate ourselves.

Religious tolerance is foresightedness not a weakness. The people should always come first!

Frontpage pls
Re: What It Wrong Or Not For A Pastor To Build A Mosque? by BeardedMeat(m): 12:25pm On Jul 24, 2021
I'm indifferent to what the pastor did.

My question is, can Adeboye,kumuyi or oyedepo do it or encourage their members to do it?

Akintola ishaq is a Yoruba man, can he build or refurbish a church or encourage his members to?

Religion is a scam, pursue spirituality instead.
Re: What It Wrong Or Not For A Pastor To Build A Mosque? by yorubarere: 12:58pm On Jul 24, 2021
BeardedMeat:
I'm indifferent to what the pastor did.

My question is, can Adeboye,kumuyi or oyedepo do it or encourage their members to do it?

Akintola ishaq is a Yoruba man, can he build or refurbish a church or encourage his members to?

Religion is a scam, pursue spirituality instead.
The fact that u think they can't is the divergent views I am talking about. If ishaq was to be from the east, he would have bin chased out or killed by now. Everyone have a voice
Re: What It Wrong Or Not For A Pastor To Build A Mosque? by BeardedMeat(m): 4:05pm On Jul 24, 2021
yorubarere:

The fact that u think they can't is the divergent views I am talking about. If ishaq was to be from the east, he would have bin chased out or killed by now. Everyone have a voice
The other thing is that your post was also out to continue your campaign of propaganda and hatred against Igbos.
Re: What It Wrong Or Not For A Pastor To Build A Mosque? by yorubarere: 5:17pm On Jul 24, 2021
BeardedMeat:
The other thing is that your post was also out to continue your campaign of propaganda and hatred against Igbos.

Where was that?

(1) (Reply)

Addressing Religious Extremism In Christianity / God Make Me Tolu Ilori Have Money / God Is Not Interested In Making Christians Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.