Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi (35186 Views)

The Tragedy Of The Abba Kyari Surrogate Presidency By Farooq Kperogi / Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD / 4 Blood Relatives Of President Buhari Who Work In Aso Rock By Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by WaffenSS(m): 8:10pm On Jul 24, 2021
Racoon:
The biggest lie, scam and fraud ever pulled in Nigeria's histroy is this present clueless, shameless, impactless, rudderless, but wicked and satanic change upgraded next level govt.It is simply the most unprecedented in lies, propaganda, bad-governance, repression, oppression and suppression.

For the first time, i sort of agree with you, even if you're mostly an asshole.
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by pek(m): 8:14pm On Jul 24, 2021
Racoon:

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2021/07/top-10-popular-nigerian-lies-with.html?m=1#.YPuQ1bQmLgs.twitter
Let me refute that first point. The writer claim that History and Government were offered alternately. In order words, you do either of the two and not both. That's a big lie. History and Government were offered as core for Arts students. I did the two. In fact, both compliment each other.
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by abbey621(m): 8:14pm On Jul 24, 2021
Number 5 is actually dubious. A journalist does not know the difference between motto and national rhetoric. In God we trust is the American motto but linguistical traditions that has existed since 1800s includes, God's own country, home of the brave, land of the free, Epluribus Unum(Out of many, one), God bless America, etc. Majority of Americans would say God bless America before they ever remember "In God we trust".

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by sinkhole: 8:22pm On Jul 24, 2021
The last lie about Northern money being used to fund oil exploration has generally been used by Northern politicians to confuse the whole Nigerians and I think they will definitely not be happy with Kperogi for saying the truth now angry

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by Ahmeduana(m): 8:46pm On Jul 24, 2021
Amotolongbo:
I can remember that in 1996 when we were being taught the appellation for states in school, Sokoto was “Born to rule” before it was abolished by Abdulsalam Abubakar
No it was abolish by former president OBASANJO.
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by Aksnoopy: 8:49pm On Jul 24, 2021
How much?
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by LegalWolf: 9:02pm On Jul 24, 2021
mrvitalis:

Typical fulanis. ...tell huge lies sprinkled with few truth ....we Sha don't want to share same country with u simple

Cmon. Farouq Kperogi is a baruba from Kwara and he flaunts his identity with pride. Unlike me, he is not a Fulani. Yet, you still ignorantly tag him as Fulani. Won’t this hatred for us choke you to death like this?

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by henryobinna(m): 9:08pm On Jul 24, 2021
mrvitalis:

Typical fulanis. ...tell huge lies sprinkled with few truth ....we Sha don't want to share same country with u simple
that he is a muslim doesn't necessarily mean he's a fulani or from the north for that matter. To the best of my knowledge Farooq Kperogi is from Edo state or so but am sure he's not a northerner.
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by Amotolongbo(f): 9:21pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jackdean111:

Good evening anty.. I want to tell you something ma. Permission to quote you on an old thread? ... Not what u may think ma
alright sir
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by mrvitalis(m): 9:26pm On Jul 24, 2021
LegalWolf:

Cmon. Farouq Kperogi is a baruba from Kwara and he flaunts his identity with pride. Unlike me, he is not a Fulani. Yet, you still ignorantly tag him as Fulani. Won’t this hatred for us choke you to death like this?
Fulanis are in very tribe in the north we know them when we see them
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by LegalWolf: 9:34pm On Jul 24, 2021
mrvitalis:

Fulanis are in very tribe in the north we know them when we see them

Loool. If we go by your logic, that means they’re Fulani amongst the Yoruba in Offa or the Tiv in Benue?
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by KelvinHerbert: 9:45pm On Jul 24, 2021
No. 8 is not correct.
Northern Christians Like Benue State for example resisted Islam with all they had and even killed Usman Danfodio and hence the call for the Benue Valley as a battle ground
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by mrvitalis(m): 10:08pm On Jul 24, 2021
LegalWolf:

Loool. If we go by your logic, that means they’re Fulani amongst the Yoruba in Offa or the Tiv in Benue?
Tivs yes ,ilorin Offa are anti fulanis but they are as settler's
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by 2mNaira: 10:12pm On Jul 24, 2021
What is his source. Why does he expect us to accept his opinion without quoting sources. There is a reason why reference citing and reference listing is part of academic writings.
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by History555: 10:13pm On Jul 24, 2021
No 11. Buhari is not a rich man

No 12. Ameachi doesn't like money

No 13. Nigeria is the giant of Africa

No 14. Rev fathers are still virgins

No 15. Nigeria is a poor country
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 24, 2021
Racoon:
The biggest lie, scam and fraud ever pulled in Nigeria's histroy is this present clueless, shameless, impactless, rudderless, but wicked and satanic change upgraded next level govt.It is simply the most unprecedented in histroy with its trademark lies, propaganda, bad-governance, repression, oppression and suppression.

Nah this wasn't a lie it was written in clear bold letters

APC = CHANGE
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by Chris2863(m): 10:32pm On Jul 24, 2021
Rubbish
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by 2mNaira: 10:35pm On Jul 24, 2021
pek:
Let me refute that first point. The writer claim that History and Government were offered alternately. In order words, you do either of the two and not both. That's a big lie. History and Government were offered as core for Arts students. I did the two. In fact, both compliment each other.

You are right.I too remember that. They were core subjects for art students.
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by LegalWolf: 11:02pm On Jul 24, 2021
mrvitalis:

Tivs yes ,ilorin Offa are anti fulanis but they are as settler's

You don’t even know what you’re saying. Keep wallowing in your ignorance. I guess it’s bliss got you
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by mandate12: 5:26am On Jul 25, 2021
Amotolongbo:
I can remember that in 1996 when we were being taught the appellation for states in school, Sokoto was “Born to rule” before it was abolished by Abdulsalam Abubakar

Don't mind this one talking rubbish here.
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 5:59am On Jul 25, 2021
mrvitalis:

The man don marry Calabar girl he become Unity Beggar.
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by BinamRex: 7:11am On Jul 25, 2021
temitope27:
I don't agree with some

A scholar has educated your ignorant ass, but you still don't agree. Can you counter his arguments with facts?
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by BinamRex: 7:15am On Jul 25, 2021
Amotolongbo:

Some of you are so dumb and stupid that even in the face of overwhelming facts, you still argue.

There was never a time that Sokoto's slogan was "Born to Rule".

" We were taught...". Who taught you? What if he/she taught you out of ignorance?
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by smartNerd: 7:28am On Jul 25, 2021
Build your own dreams, or someone else will
hire you to build theirs. -- Farrah Gray

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13900158_dearpastthank_jpeg_jpegdb11b56dcd31f27e7abf4625978d6c01
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by klas(m): 8:47am On Jul 25, 2021
GeneralPula:
Alimi, the progenitor of the current ruling family in Ilorin, was an itinerant Fulani preacher in Yoruba land whom Afonja volitionally invited to Ilorin. Afonja wanted Alimi to be his spiritual guardian (or “Alfa”) to ward off what he thought were the machinations of the Alaafin of Oyo with whom he was locked in long-drawn-out supremacy battles. After settling in Ilorin, many of Alimi’s Yoruba students from different parts of Yoruba land decided to follow him to his new home.

In time, Alimi grew so popular that Afonja feared that he would eclipse him, so he asked Alimi to leave, which caused frictions.

[b]Alimi was never any fulani preacher in Yoruba land.
Afonja didn’t invite Alimi to Yoruba land. Lol spiritual guidance ma foot? Afonja himself is spiritual on his own... What a dumb thing to say..

Afonja was a warrior. He fought & won all battles. After so many conquered battles, he decided to retire from fighting. He also didn’t want any of his comrades to grow up not having any life apart from having to fight. Then he put a stop to fighting..

He was growing old..

It was after Afonja had stopped fighting battles that Alimi came to meet Afonja in ilorin. Alimi came to Ilorin as a voyager, not as if he’s been in Yoruba land before..

Alimi then told Afonja that he was an Arabic preacher, that he preaches Goodness all around - that was where he captured Afonja’s attention... (You know he’s been wanting a special life for all his comrades)..

Long story short...After Alimi had stayed as a guest in Afonja’s palace for several days, he then proposed to Afonja that he should let his comrades to come seek Arabic knowledge in his land, where Alimi came from..

Afonja’s didn’t bother to doubt him cuz he wasn’t viewing Alimi as somebody with an evil intention. His late dad appeared to him in the dream to warn him never to release his comrades but Afonja didn’t follow. He had believed he won’t be fighting anymore..

Afonja released his comrades but not all. Meanwhile Alimi also came along with some of his student’s. Alimi also decided to let some of his students to stay back at Ilorin with Afonja. Alimi left with Afonja’s men which they were all killed!

After 3 months, Alimi came with full battalion to fight Afonja - an old man with few men. He killed as much as his power can grab but he was eventually captured and got killed - before he stopped breathing, he told Alimi that the land he’s wanting to grab will never be HIS..

After he died, Alimi got the shocked of his life as people changed calling Ilorin to Ilorin-Afonja. He didn’t know how the name evolved and spread. The single name didn’t let him have full power over the land before he got killed.. Infact, I didn’t think he lived for years before getting killed.. [/b]

Afonja was the Aare Ona Kakanfo - Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff. What do you mean by “he got tired of fighting”? He was appointed to that position by his Commander in Chief - The Alaafin. If he got tired, did he resign his commission?

As an Aare, he had no power to declare war on anywhere. His duty was to fight the war declared by Alaafin. So, how could he be tired of war and still remain the military leader?
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by klas(m): 8:51am On Jul 25, 2021
pek:

In which year was History and Government allowed to be offered together by WAEC?
I know up to 1980, they were not allowed together both by WAEC and JAMB just like Economics and Commerce
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by smartNerd: 8:51am On Jul 25, 2021
Teamwork is the ability to work together
toward a common vision, the ability to direct
individual accomplishments toward
organizational objectives. It is the fuel that
allows common people to attain uncommon
results. -- Andrew Carnegie
www.nairaland.com/attachments/13900059_arivercuts_jpeg_jpeg728978186a17b270e4509dd90ad61f81

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by pek(m): 9:08am On Jul 25, 2021
klas:

In which year was History and Government allowed to be offered together by WAEC?
I know up to 1980, they were not allowed together both by WAEC and JAMB just like Economics and Commerce
Do you want to see my SSCE result to believe? In fact, I did Literature in English, History and Government in JAMB. This was in 1993.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by smartNerd: 9:23am On Jul 25, 2021
I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I
can adjust my sails to always reach my
destination. -- Jimmy Dean.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/13900059_arivercuts_jpeg_jpeg728978186a17b270e4509dd90ad61f81
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by cosmos1440: 9:33am On Jul 25, 2021
Finally, somebody who speaks my kind of language.
History was never removed from secondary school curriculum but it can be replaced with government.

How I wish Jimi Disu, Lebrous Oshoma, gov. Babajide Sanwo - Olu and others are reading this too.
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by 9jaRealist: 10:12am On Jul 25, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Meets With Goodluck Jonathan At The Presidential Villa (Video) / There Will Be No Peace - GAFDAN, Fulani Group Warns Southern Governors / Buhari's Visit To Tinubu: Reno Omokri Tackles President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.